Acquiring the Under-used, Under-Utilized and Unappreciated | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Acquiring the Under-used, Under-Utilized and Unappreciated

SanMarino

Club Member
Reaction score
Since we have such a large amount of picks this year and so many holes I thought it would be interesting to highlight any veteran players that Miami could acquire through trade. Players that are being under-used, under-utilized or unappreciated that may fit Miami's system better than their current system.

OJ Howard - I want to give credit to Kyle Crabbs of The Draft Network as I heard about the possibility of TB wanting to trade him on his podcast Draft Dudes. He also released an article (Studs & Duds: 2020 NFL Veteran Trade Candidates) on the subject. I think he does a really good job breaking down how TB under-utilizes Howard. He also mentioned on the pod that around the trade deadline last year a rumor that a late 1st was being floated around for him but the offer was pulled. Considering the news that Gesicki will be playing as a big slot in Gailey's offense maybe we can use Howard as an in-line blocker and receiver. Effectively Gesicki in a Aaron Hernandez role and Howard in a Gronk role. I realize that this would have been a much better fit if we still had O'shea as our OC but let me know what you guys think. I hope we could acquire him with our later 2nd this year but that may not be enough.

Haason Reddick - Seems as though Arizona has been bouncing him around different positions and he hasn't really been able to stick anywhere. Does his athleticism maybe fit better in our multiples Defense better than Arizona? I don't have fond memories of Vance Joseph running our D so maybe a change of scenery would help. Not sure about his value right now as he was picked 13th overall in 2017 but was benched for a few games last year. Maybe a 2021 3rd/4th?

Let me know what you guys think and if you can think of any other players that may fit Miami. I'd love to address one of the OT positions before the draft if possible.

Great thread idea. Love the Howard idea. Don't remember how good of a blocker he is though, so let me know how anyone thinks he is at that.

I'm curious about Howard. In a record breaking year for Winston, he had less than 500 yards. Why was he not effective enough in intermediate routes to maybe save on some of those INT's Jameis had? If I want a TE with 1 TD, then I'll stick with Mike Gisucki

Very capable TE. Could do great things teamed with Gesicki. Maybe Henry is the better option in FA but I would kick those tires all day. Two years ago is when Brate became the focus there...
uh what focus? he had 311 yards

uh what focus? he had 311 yards
In 2018 Oj Howard started 8 games and averaged 16.6 yds per catch for 5 tds and 565 yds. Last year Evans was catching everything and Jameis is a little wild. Not sure what happened there but comparable to Henry. OR we can go get Thaddeus Moss with the same 2nd rounder TB would want for OJ.

I think the Dolphins need a beast of a blocking tight end that can run a little and catch the occasional pass. Baltimore is making the most out of having three large tight ends that can block and catch a pass when needed. We all saw Gesicki can catch a pass and run with the ball... But the blocking has been terrible and the Dolphins have the worst O line and running game in football... We need to address this. O line upgrades surely are coming... More talent at the RB is coming... We also need to add a blocking tight end and maybe even a hybrid player that can block and play fullback.

I think the Dolphins need a beast of a blocking tight end that can run a little and catch the occasional pass. Baltimore is making the most out of having three large tight ends that can block and catch a pass when needed. We all saw Gesicki can catch a pass and run with the ball... But the blocking has been terrible and the Dolphins have the worst O line and running game in football... We need to address this. O line upgrades surely are coming... More talent at the RB is coming... We also need to add a blocking tight end and maybe even a hybrid player that can block and play fullback.
agree 100%. The offfensive line/blocking has been atrocious for the better part of 20 years. With a potential rookie qb or Brady at the helm, protecting the QB is of the utmost importance

I would really like to see us fix our RB corps. Current situation is dreadful. Need Dobbins or Swift and a FA in my opinion if there's one we like.

Ballage is terrible. He runs right into defenders... Almost no vision. Maybe in a perfect world with a great line the holes are so big he can close his eyes and run for daylight... Not the case on this team currently.

I want a big strong bowling ball running back like Dillon 247 pounds and has the quickness to make cuts and show a couple steps of burst after stopping. Sign Eckler and draft Dillon... We can go out there with a combination of speed and power.

But all of this is moot unless they do something about the O line. Adding a fullback and a better blocking tight end are also part of this equation.

Back
Top Bottom