Adam Gase 2.0 | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase 2.0

He needs to be fired for keeping Boyer and his non stopped being out coached.
He didn't keep Boyer dude. Boyer was retained by Grier, McDaniel signed into his retention because the D wasn't the issue last season and that was based off Grier's input.

Boyer needs to go and so does our overpaid CBs, Howard and Jones. Howard is no longer a #1 CB.

Also unless I missed something Miami was leading with 2mins left to go. You shouldn't have to score last on offense in every game in order to win.

The D has costs us multiple games, the scheming sucks.

Lack of adjustments concern me. And that's not something you have to learn on the job considering his rather extensive experience being in the mix and certainly involved (at least in the observational sense) to making adjustments and NOT doing the same thing over and over when it's not working. Honestly don't know what that's about...

And if the run game is working WHY not stick with it and force the issue with an eye to strike when the D has to overcompensate to deal with the ground game? Again, I don't think that's something you have to learn on the job -- it's rather elemental. So the REASON he's conducting business (i.e., play calling and game planning) a certain way has to be based on what he believes is right --- even when games unfold in different ways.

I guess what I'm taking about is contingency plans and stuff like -- what do we do if we start running the ball and we're being successful? Do we revert back to the pass game or alter our core plan and run more? I don't think that's a complicated issue to deal with that requires on-the-job training.

It seems he has a bad tendency to outsmart himself rather than take the path of least resistance and call plays based on what's working in the real game. Best O show we had was against Cleveland when we stuck with the run and basically kept it as simple as possible.

Last, the way he's conducting business is making it difficult for the O to get into a rhythm and build confidence in the game. IMO.

All that said, the comparison to Gase is beyond premature. And frankly I think McD is way more legit. He's obviously done some very positive things but he's also making his job way harder than it has to be.

I hate turnover
However he’s just not learning
He seems incapable of it
Can’t waste four years on a guy who repeats the same mistakes over and over again and has the inability to learn from them
14 games into his career brother.

Go ahead and list all the rookie HCs, that went to new teams, established a dynamic offense, and posted a better record in year one. I'll wait.............

Context is important

I think I was the most outspoken person on this board against the McDaniel hire. I thought he was a lousy selection based on his lack of resume, and also the appearance that he was knee-jerk hired in response to the Brian Flores accusations.

He's done a very good job with the offense. Mostly, he's done a good job in general. You must qualify your evaluation of the coach by looking at the roster first. And this team does not have an impressive roster, no matter how much we might wish that it did. So yes, this is another Grier bashing post. Chris Grier sucks, and seems to be totally unaccountable within the Dolphins organization. He needs to be replaced with someone who will answer to the owner and bear responsibility for the football team's performance.

But I think when you look at the totality of everything, it becomes clear why I praise McDaniel and damn Grier. Look at the roster, and then look at the results. The team is 8-6 -- better than I thought it would be -- and is currently a coin flip against Buffalo, a team considered to be the one of the premier teams in the league. The offense is scoring 24.6ppg -- 9th in the NFL -- and for God's sake LOOK AT THE PLAYERS.

You have a young quarterback who had no success in his pro career up until this season, and he's playing at a borderline MVP level. You have two blazing fast smurfs at wide receiver... and that's it. The rest of this offense is replacement level players or worse. No talent at RB or TE. Unimpressive OL. And yet the unit is producing a lot of touchdowns, and often making it look easy.

The defense has not been good, not at all. But again, I say, look at the roster. Since 2014, the Miami Dolphins have had one season in which the defense was about average, one season in which it was actually pretty good, and then a bunch of seasons in which it was downright bad. We all agree that Xavien Howard is no longer playing out of his mind, so what were we really expecting here? The defense just isn't good. You can blame the coach, and I'm not particularly defending Boyer, but let's also acknowledge that he has nothing to work with here.

If there's any one area that McDaniel should be compared to Gase, it's that both had very strong first seasons with the team. Gase's problems came later, whereas McDaniel still has plenty of time to avoid them.

I know nobody wants to read it after a loss, but I come on to post this now because it's one of the only games I've been able to watch this season. It was a good game, and I think that for a complete neophyte, McDaniel has done a good job. When the team hired the man, it committed to letting him learn on the job. You certainly don't look to cut bait with the guy after he shows a ton of promise because you suddenly, after the fact decide that you should have hired someone with a resume in the first place.

I must admit I always thought McDaniel’s hiring was a joke. He’d never called a play in his life.

He didn't keep Boyer dude. Boyer was retained by Grier, McDaniel signed into his retention because the D wasn't the issue last season and that was based off Grier's input.

Boyer needs to go and so does our overpaid CBs, Howard and Jones. Howard is no longer a #1 CB.
He never was. He was a #2 that got lots of picks. The #1 was Jones. He always played man on #1s. X always played the flood side with Holland behind him and next to the slot. He was used to get help, that was why he kept gambling and under-cutting throws. He's never had the speed to not trail behind WRs. He's never been the athlete to stay in phase. He either jammed the WR or played trail coverage and under-cut throws. He's playing the #1 now while Kohou is on the flood side next to the slot now. He might be alright if we get Jones back or a new #1.

14 games into his career brother.

Go ahead and list all the rookie HCs, that went to new teams, established a dynamic offense, and posted a better record in year one. I'll wait.............

Context is important
Yeah
I like a lot of things but I don’t like someone who keeps making the same mistakes over and over again
And to be honest he may make a great HC for us but he must give up the play calling, he’s not good at it

Yeah
I like a lot of things but I don’t like someone who keeps making the same mistakes over and over again
And to be honest he may make a great HC for us but he must give up the play calling, he’s not good at it
You see it as mistakes. He may see it as failure to execute.

Look, if you want a retread that will make every call "by the book", that's your prerogative. If you want a young innovator that can think "outside the box", you are going to have to live with the "teeth cutting".

I don't know who you think we should have brought in to be the perfect coach in your mind. Who do you prefer, that was available? You even have the benefit of hindsight here. What, in your opinion, would have been the right hire? Who do you want to replace him with.

Easy to complain. Much harder to come up with actual, viable solutions.

He may, or may not give up play calling. I know one thing, though. He's a better play caller (and IMO HC) than we have had since the turn of the century, and before.

You see it as mistakes. He may see it as failure to execute.

Look, if you want a retread that will make every call "by the book", that's your prerogative. If you want a young innovator that can think "outside the box", you are going to have to live with the "teeth cutting".

I don't know who you think we should have brought in to be the perfect coach in your mind. Who do you prefer, that was available? You even have the benefit of hindsight here. What, in your opinion, would have been the right hire? Who do you want to replace him with.

Easy to complain. Much harder to come up with actual, viable solutions.

He may, or may not give up play calling. I know one thing, though. He's a better play caller (and IMO HC) than we have had since the turn of the century, and before.
Actually it’s not hard
Give up the play calling
You’re not good at it

IMO he’s like a kid who’s playing with a new toy or he simply likes to play chess and this is his outlet

I’m fine with him as the HC, but act like one, give someone who’s more qualified to call plays and oversee the team

Actually it’s not hard
Give up the play calling
You’re not good at it

IMO he’s like a kid who’s playing with a new toy or he simply likes to play chess and this is his outlet

I’m fine with him as the HC, but act like one, give someone who’s more qualified to call plays and oversee the team
How does one become qualified? Is Smith qualified? Chan was "qualified". He wasn't the answer.

Cut the guy some slack.
It isn't his fault the franchise has been a flustercluck the past decades.

Actually it’s not hard
Give up the play calling
You’re not good at it

There may be some truth in that, but so what? Again,14 games into his career brother.

He's a stubborn play caller like Gase for certain. Idk how anyone can not see That esp after tonight. That was some throw the ball in your own end zone level idiocy

Except... 1) McD pays attention when the D is on the field

and 2) He communicates w others

Back
Top Bottom