Adam Gase 2.0 | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase 2.0

I have been very critical of Mc Genius that past 3 weeks, but I still think he's capable of being special. That being said, comparing him to Gase at this juncture is premature and silly.

I have plenty of some of the criticisms of the decisions McDaniel’s made his first year as a head coach.

But it’s my opinion that he’ll make threads like this look silly. Yes, he’s made questionable decisions in key moments but he’s also delivered us the most high powered Fins offense I’ve seen in my lifetime. And offense is his specialty.

If we had a functioning defense (which was supposed to be Boyer’s job), we’d at worst be the 5th seed.

Are we just forgetting that McDaniel has resurrected the career of a QB that an extremely high number of people thought was complete trash? Until this 3 game losing streak that QB was in the MVP race.

I’m def not 100% sold, but it feels very reactionary to hear so much strong emphasis on the negatives of the job McDaniel has done this year and hear very little about the positives.

I want to see him w a different defensive coordinator, bc the offense is doing enough to win if the defense wasn’t bottom 10 in pretty much everything. If he decides to stick w Boyer, then I can’t defend him there.

Another hyped coached who chokes in the big ones. Even Gase won in Buffalo with Tannehill and Drake. Too cute for his own good. We keep saying he will learn but he has not in three weeks.
Settle down Francis

Another hyped coached who chokes in the big ones. Even Gase won in Buffalo with Tannehill and Drake. Too cute for his own good. We keep saying he will learn but he has not in three weeks.
He didn't beat the Bills earlier when everyone touted it as impossible? They didn't have an epic comeback against the Ravens? We lost by a last second field goal against the team that is currently the #1 seed in a blizzard. Come back to planet earth.

He beat buffalo at home, beat Baltimore in Baltimore. Lost to the first or second best team in the AFC by 1 point, on the road, in unfriendly conditions for a south Florida team. Tua was prepared and played well. Play design was excellent. McDaniel can't go out there and catch the ball for Sherffield in the endzone. Or catch the slant on 3rd down in the 4th quarter with an 8 point lead that probably seals the game. The coach is giving this team opportunities to win all of our big games and we have won some of them. I love all my fellow Dolphins fans and I don't want to talk smack but its really easy to tell which of you were the children that threw illogical temper tantrums whenever something didn't go your way.

Don't be the poster that other fans come in and copy/paste your comments into their forum laughing at us all.

Long-term, the verdict is still out on McDaniel, but please don't be ridiculous. He's done a good job with the offense, they are scoring damn near 25ppg. You're seeing what Tua is capable of when put in an offense that can actually create points. McDaniel deserves credit for that, he's getting a lot out of his offensive personnel.

As far as game management and strategy, you have to remember this guy has no experience running a football team and you have to accept that there's gonna be an adjustment period for him while you find out what he's got and whether or not he's capable of that aspect of things. When you hire a guy with a blank resume for a high profile management job, you accept that he's gonna have to learn some things as he goes.

The defense stinks, but I think that's mostly a function of personnel. Once again, the Dolphins are going to be severely handcuffed until Chris Grier is sent packing. You've got a superb young quarterback and a coach who can at least get his talented young QB to produce. What you need now is a general manager who isn't a George Costanza-esque midwit.

Long-term, the verdict is still out on McDaniel, but please don't be ridiculous. He's done a good job with the offense, they are scoring damn near 25ppg. You're seeing what Tua is capable of when put in an offense that can actually create points. McDaniel deserves credit for that, he's getting a lot out of his offensive personnel.

As far as game management and strategy, you have to remember this guy has no experience running a football team and you have to accept that there's gonna be an adjustment period for him while you find out what he's got and whether or not he's capable of that aspect of things. When you hire a guy with a blank resume for a high profile management job, you accept that he's gonna have to learn some things as he goes.

The defense stinks, but I think that's mostly a function of personnel. Once again, the Dolphins are going to be severely handcuffed until Chris Grier is sent packing. You've got a superb young quarterback and a coach who can at least get his talented young QB to produce. What you need now is a general manager who isn't a George Costanza-esque midwit.
Agreed. It's preposterous. Tua missed three games and is STILL tied for fifth in TDs.

It's a real bummer what has happened to this secondary because they were the strength of the team coming into the season. I really wonder how the team would look if we had Jones playing on the outside with Needham/Kohou as the 3rd and 4th CB's and Brandon Jones still starting at Safety.

Obviously every team has injuries but I believe our injuries are a huge reason our defense has fallen off the map and I also think the D-line would look better with a strong secondary

Gase didn't win in Buffalo with Tannehill; he did it with Matt Moore. They beat Tyrod Taylor...six years ago. He followed it up by losing 22-16 and getting the doors blown off by Josh Allen in 2018. I'm going to chalk this one up to a guy crying in his beer after a loss because any rational person doesn't compare apples to oranges.

It's a real bummer what has happened to this secondary because they were the strength of the team coming into the season. I really wonder how the team would look if we had Jones playing on the outside with Needham/Kohou as the 3rd and 4th CB's and Brandon Jones still starting at Safety.

Obviously every team has injuries but I believe our injuries are a huge reason our defense has fallen off the map and I also think the D-line would look better with a strong secondary

I think there just isn't enough talent in the front 7 to make a difference. This team has been bad at evaluating and acquiring linebackers for quite a while now.

Cmon man. I dont like the 3rd down calls either but there is no gase 2.0. That dude is one of one

Back
Top Bottom