"Adam Gase Has made Jay a Star" | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"Adam Gase Has made Jay a Star"

Missing in the talk about Gase leaving Ajayi home versus Seattle is this: Anyone think maybe Jay was justified to be pissed about Foster starting over him? LOL Foster looks done...stick a fork in him.

It looks like a lot of things are starting to come together. Play calling, execution, starting offensive line. There have been more positives than negatives as of late.

Has Gase made Jay or has Jay made Gase?

Jay was spoiled and unprofessional. Gase brought out the best version of him. It is called coaching. Jay's effort is what made him a star. Not Coach Gase, but Coach Gase helped him get there.

Missing in the talk about Gase leaving Ajayi home versus Seattle is this: Anyone think maybe Jay was justified to be pissed about Foster starting over him? LOL Foster looks done...stick a fork in him.

I think making Foster the starter was more about Foster doing and saying all the right things and Ajayi still needing to grow up than it was about Foster being the better back. Ajayi played poorly all preseason, and not all of that was on the O-Line. Ajayi hadn't bought in and was complaining instead.

I think ajayis better than he thought. But adam gase made ajayi a star by cutting 3 trash lineman. Getting everyone motivated.

I think making Foster the starter was more about Foster doing and saying all the right things and Ajayi still needing to grow up than it was about Foster being the better back. Ajayi played poorly all preseason, and not all of that was on the O-Line. Ajayi hadn't bought in and was complaining instead.

Actually, I believe it was about knowing the offense and limiting execution errors. Coach Gase has consistently strived for execution. He seems like a bright coach. He knew the team would struggle within a new offense.

Here is the difference we see in how a coach can properly put a player in "the dog house". Philbin put a player in the dog house and he stayed there, for a long ****ing time...years even. What motivation did a player have after doing everything that was expected of him and the coach still wouldn't give you a shot (MATTHEWS). Gase essentially put Ajayi in his dog house, left back from Seattle, but the difference, when Ajayi started to do what the coach wanted, he was given his chance to play and contribute. Not only did he send a message to this one player, but the team as a whole. No, Gase didn't "make" Ajayi a star, but he did contribute in helping this young man transition to NFL play. I could care less about how good a coach is at X and O's..its important, but those guys are a dime a dozen in the NFL...show me a coach that can motivate players and you have something. Gase isn't only getting great play out of Ajayi, but also the line as well as Williams who drug about a 1/3 of the Bills D into the end zone.

Side note, but the well executed co-op chip to the backer between Pouncey and Tunsil was on that Williams play was beautiful.

To add on to this, Jay has admitted he had the wrong approach in training camp and preseason. He pretty much took the approach that the job was his and every RB outworked him in camp. Gase talked to him before the Seattle game, and even week 2 (when he had the bad fumble when we were driving) and it really helped Jay out. Jay said that Gase flat out told him "we need you for the offense to work, but if you aren't doing the right thing, we can't play you"

Gase had a similar conversation with Bobby McCain when he was struggling early on

To add on to this, Jay has admitted he had the wrong approach in training camp and preseason. He pretty much took the approach that the job was his and every RB outworked him in camp. Gase talked to him before the Seattle game, and even week 2 (when he had the bad fumble when we were driving) and it really helped Jay out. Jay said that Gase flat out told him "we need you for the offense to work, but if you aren't doing the right thing, we can't play you"

Gase had a similar conversation with Bobby McCain when he was struggling early on

The list is long of players he benched or talked to and in the end he motivated them. Ajayi, Maxwell, Mario, McCain, I'd like to think he made Tunsil motivated by making him earn the job as well.

Gase will be a great coach. He also adjusted the offense to run heavy the past 2 weeks and got rid of the no huddle when we were losing T.O.P.

I like the big runs and breaking tackles a lot but I'm impressed that he goes down going forward getting those important short yards that we've severely lacked for a long time.

YES!

I can't remember the last Dolphin RB that actually fell FORWARD after getting tackled.

those extra 2 yards or so can be huge.

Jay has been tremendous.

I really like the idea of a powerful running attack in Miami for a variety of reasons.

It protects your own defense. They can rest between drives. They are on the field less.

When the other defense has to deal with a balanced offense, including a downhill powerful running game, they can't just tee off in pass pro. They are more prone to confusion. Your QB will get hit less as a result.

You keep pounding and the heat will take its toll on the opposition. You'd like a balance but really pounding the rock is helpful for Miami. You see Buffalo and Pittsburgh wilt late in the games. No defense wants to be on the other side of a pounding running game in the heat.

Running games also travel well. You can go on the road into the snow and wind with a running attack.

As for Jay, I'd bring his carries down from 28 down to 20 or 22. That is six or eight less car accidents per game he'd deal with. We should try to play the long game with him. Give him a healthy amount of carries but don't kill the kid. Even Csonka had running mates. Damien and even Drake may be able to get some carries.

Jay has been tremendous.

I really like the idea of a powerful running attack in Miami for a variety of reasons.

It protects your own defense. They can rest between drives. They are on the field less.

When the other defense has to deal with a balanced offense, including a downhill powerful running game, they can't just tee off in pass pro. They are more prone to confusion. Your QB will get hit less as a result.

You keep pounding and the heat will take its toll on the opposition. You'd like a balance but really pounding the rock is helpful for Miami. You see Buffalo and Pittsburgh wilt late in the games. No defense wants to be on the other side of a pounding running game in the heat.

Running games also travel well. You can go on the road into the snow and wind with a running attack.

As for Jay, I'd bring his carries down from 28 down to 20 or 22. That is six or eight less car accidents per game he'd deal with. We should try to play the long game with him. Give him a healthy amount of carries but don't kill the kid. Even Csonka had running mates. Damien and even Drake may be able to get some carries.

Even Damein ran harder. Give Damien more carries and I agree lessen the load on Ajayi a little. Don't Dave Wanny him (Ricky Williams 30 carries a game)

Everybody is noticing that Ajayi is running with extra oomph. Some say it's confidence. Some say he is running more powerfully. Whatever it is, everybody is noticing it except for, apparently, Finland. :ponder:

No one is saying that Ajayi has had less contribution to his own coming out, but great coaches see the talent and figure out how to unveil to the most effect.

Not saying that Gase is already a great coach, BUT if he can key in on talents on the roster and coach it up he will have a playoff team on his hands in no time!

Or maybe it's you that didn't notice Ajayi last year.

To me this is the product of better OL play in these two games combined with Ajayi breaking tackles. Ajayi did pretty good last year, but not many noticed bc he was constantly getting hit in the backfield and the run abandoned early in many games.

I would like to see Drake more, Foster is done in my eyes, he dropped a crucial 3rd down pass that was right on the money and ran without passion.

Lol yes, he is a QB guru, but peeps forgot what he did with CJ Anderson.. After two games, jay has made history and it goes back to week one being benched not even making the trip to Seattle, to look what he has become, Gase makes players :hitit: accountable and that was it... Peeps were lead astray by Gase only being there for Tanny and totally forgot about the entire offense.. Great job thus far Gase.

Sorry, but the OPPOSITE is the truth.

Picture that game without Jay Ajayi. You still think it's a win? And even though I havnt seen the game as I have joined the nfl boycott, seeing jays numbers and the passing game stats, it doesn't take seeing the game to figure it out. Ajayi may end up a poor man's version of billicheks Tom Brady career savior.

Back
Top Bottom