Adam Gase stresses that Dolphins' season isn't lost | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Gase stresses that Dolphins' season isn't lost

COMPLETELY DISAGREE! The Bills are better than us at virtually EVERY position, sans WR (& I'm not so sure about that one). Better QB, RB & OL easily; then on D? Pretty much everywhere also. I am very very depressed about the state of our team after all these years of the "same ****, different day crap". I'm apologizing to my sons (both in their 20's) for getting them into the Dolphins. GOD I hate my team. Why do they continue to do this us year after year after year...? Sorry, I went on a little self pity party there. THEY ARE CRUSHING US!!! I can't stop.

The Dolphins do things no one else does. Going into that first game vs the Jets, NY had given up 370 yards on the ground the first two weeks. What did Miami do? 30 yards rushing. The Saints defense wasn't as good at first as they are now. Their first two games they gave up 470 yards to Minnesota and 555 to New England. They improved that down to 288 yards vs Carolina but what did Miami do? Got shutout and only had 186 total yards.

Miami had 178 yards of offense (78 passing) and BEAT Tennessee. Why? Mariota was out. Simple and honest.

Buffalo will destroy the Dolphins.

I'm not so sure. We have limitations but we have been running an nfl offense last two weeks.

Bills have beaten up on bad teams at home. We might surprise em

I'm not so sure. We have limitations but we have been running an nfl offense last two weeks.

Bills have beaten up on bad teams at home. We might surprise em

People exaggerate. We may lose to Buffalo sure, but destroyed by a team that's been getting destroyed and switched to a rookie QB? C'mon, we're better than we were Monday night guys and should be able to hang with Buffalo, Denver and TB. We may lose but I don't think I'd go using it as my suicide pool pick.

So I'd say it's a stretch to say they have a better QB than us. Maybe they do but we've never seen this guys start and NFL game before.

Their defense was playing really well early on and offense started to really snuggle. Guess what happened to the defense - kind of a familiar narrative no?

We probably have no shot in Buffalo- hardly ever do- down here maybe its a toss up idk. Depends if we get any better play from the QB position ourselves.

Last edited:
How dare he be optimistic, he should come here to finheaven and learn on how to show doom and gloom, and just continually quit on a season when things go wrong.

How dare he be optimistic, he should come here to finheaven and learn on how to show doom and gloom, and just continually quit on a season when things go wrong.

I go back and forth lol. Gameday I'm negative but as the week goes by I try to be optimistic. Fans do exaggerate when it comes to football though that much is obvious. Everything is week to week. A team can be 10-0 and have a bad game and they suck now. There's no chance they just had a bad game they just suck and can't stop the run or pass (depending) and that's that. Also, a team can never play well in a loss. There can be a well played highly contested game and the fans of the team that comes up short believe it needs to be blown up even though it likely came down to a few plays. Nature of football.

I expect this team to be more competitive but it's hard to be optimistic with Cutler missing easy throws for chunk plays regardless of what's going on with the defense.

I go back and forth lol. Gameday I'm negative but as the week goes by I try to be optimistic. Fans do exaggerate when it comes to football though that much is obvious. Everything is week to week. A team can be 10-0 and have a bad game and they suck now. There's no chance they just had a bad game they just suck and can't stop the run or pass (depending) and that's that. Also, a team can never play well in a loss. There can be a well played highly contested game and the fans of the team that comes up short believe it needs to be blown up even though it likely came down to a few plays. Nature of football.

I expect this team to be more competitive but it's hard to be optimistic with Cutler missing easy throws for chunk plays regardless of what's going on with the defense.

This is why I HATE "you are what your record says you are." Not a chance. Looking at HOW a team loses says a lot. Looking at the changes in the roster during the season says a lot. After 5 games, GB was 4-1. When they started the 6th game, were they still a 4-1 team? Nope. In Miami's case, the team is 4-5. Looking at HOW they lost the last 2, does anyone think they are even with the Ravens and Raiders? Are they really one game worse than Dallas? Yeah, that's what I thought.

Given that, I'm optimistic for NEXT year. I'm even optimistic for a couple of games THIS year. The roster doesn't look BAD, it looks like they (the D) don't care. Looks like 'we're gonna lose whether we play well or not.'

Receivers no longer seem to contest a jump ball or stretch out for one just out of reach. That is my pessimism. Fans can usually guess Gase's play-calling and it is no great leap to think the opposing DC can do better than fans can. THAT is my pessimism.

The Dolphins do things no one else does. Going into that first game vs the Jets, NY had given up 370 yards on the ground the first two weeks. What did Miami do? 30 yards rushing. The Saints defense wasn't as good at first as they are now. Their first two games they gave up 470 yards to Minnesota and 555 to New England. They improved that down to 288 yards vs Carolina but what did Miami do? Got shutout and only had 186 total yards.

Miami had 178 yards of offense (78 passing) and BEAT Tennessee. Why? Mariota was out. Simple and honest.

Buffalo will destroy the Dolphins.
Hey, don't forget the "glory days" of allowing GENO FREAKIN SMITH having a PERFECT passer rating against us. This is just... well, no words. ARG!!!

The Gase hate reminds me very much of the Tannehill stiff from a few years ago.

I think people expected Gase to come out and be like:

source.gif

Cause that's how it feels.

But he's the HC, so I don't blame him for the coach-speak. Even though I definitely think our 2017 season is 100% over.

Personally I am already on next year mode. Even if by some miracle, Miami were to win enough from here on to make the playoffs, it will be very tough to expect much in the the playoffs from a team that still needs at the very least O-Guards, Cutler or Moore at QB, and a defense that is more Hyde then Jekyll at key moments.

I will still root for them, and who knows what could happen, but I am hoping once Tannehill gets back (Hoping he is able to come back 100%) next year, we can start to create something special.

Gase is a excuse king. He got the job next year but them excuses will run out that year. Ross will fly to Michigan and bring in Jim Harbaugh

Back
Top Bottom