Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two) | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two)

Da 'Fins said:
It's likely the NFL Network guy is right. The reason has nothing to do with need. It is that a) teams don't like to draft a RB this high, b/c RB is an easier position to fill than several others (just look at Denver); b) There are a slew of decent RB's in this draft; c) Braylon Edwards is probably rated higher on most boards than Brown; and d) We do need a WR.

I completely disagree that we are set at WR! Booker is not a deep threat and cannot take double teams away from Chambers. You can't look at Booker's stats at Chicago and think we have a good tandem. We need another game braking playmaker at WR. Booker is not. He is an adequate possession guy, but does not scare anyone. If Edwards reaches his potential, that tandem of Edwards and Chambers would be deadly. It is especially important if we use a lot of 3 WR sets like Minnesota did.

We do have a significant need at RB and if we can trade down, probably will take a RB. But, if we can't, taking Edwards at #2, we still have a good shot at a RB later on.

We aren't getting a starting running back if we don't take him in the first round. I don't see any of the running backs behind the top three as players that can come in now, start, and produce to the caliber that those three running backs can. They sure as hell won't impact the game the way Ronnie Brown will, because none of them can come close to his overall running and receiving ability.

But, somehow, you guys think it makes sense to draft a #3 receiver with the second pick in the draft. I don't know what is worse. Wanting a guy who will not start as a rookie with that pick, or thinking that wide receiver is tougher to fill than running back?

Nick Saban is too smart to draft a #3 receiver with a top pick over a starting running back when he can get a guy like Vincent Jackson in the third round to fill that #3 receiver slot.

Back
Top Bottom