Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two) | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two)

General Tso said:
Brown will move the safeties up because LBs cannot cover him (hell, safeties struggle covering him). When Brown's in the game he can hurt you as a receiver just as much as a runner and the defense cannot focus on stopping either... which helps both the running and passing games.

:shakeno:

If only Wanny had stayed. He would have kept Surtain and drafted a Corner at # 2.

I am just joking guys. Don't attack me.

jason_taylor said:
:shakeno:

Good point, I didn't consider that...

How many RBs can split out wide and be just as fast with as good or better hands than some of the best WRs... forcing the defense to cover the RB with someone in the secondary? Not many... but Ronnie Brown can.

Shifty187 said:
Booker hasnt been anything special since 2002!

We need more targets!

the whole offense hasnt. Booker is a good compliment to Chambers. BY the way chambers with all that supposed talent hasnt cracked a 1000 Yrds..

So dont hammer booker when everybody on the offense stinks also...

General Tso said:
Good point, I didn't consider that...

How many RBs can split out wide and be just as fast with as good or better hands than some of the best WRs... forcing the defense to cover the RB with someone in the secondary? Not many... but Ronnie Brown can.

YES BUT HOW ...?SPLIT TIME WITH RICKY CAUSE HE IS COMING BACK AND WE HAVE OTHER RBS ON OUR TEAM THE ONLY WR THAT IS REALLEY A #1 IS CHAMBERS AND HE IS VERY CLOSE TO BEING A #2 WR SOO WE NEED BRYLAN HE WILL BE ANOTHER T.O OR HARRISON AND WE DONT HAVE THAT ON OUR TEAM RIGHT NOW:shakeno:

jason_taylor said:
YES BUT HOW ...?SPLIT TIME WITH RICKY CAUSE HE IS COMING BACK AND WE HAVE OTHER RBS ON OUR TEAM THE ONLY WR THAT IS REALLEY A #1 IS CHAMBERS AND HE IS VERY CLOSE TO BEING A #2 WR SOO WE NEED BRYLAN HE WILL BE ANOTHER T.O OR HARRISON AND WE DONT HAVE THAT ON OUR TEAM RIGHT NOW:shakeno:

If we stay at #2 and don't go QB then I agree that I think Edwards is a better choice than Brown, but not because he'll have a greater impact. It's because I'd rather have the combo of Edwards and Fason (or a few other 2-3 round backs) than the combo of Brown and any WR that will last past round 1. If I went strictly based on who is going to have a bigger impact then I'd choose Brown in a heartbeat.

KB21 said:
Well, if it makes you feel good to think you know more about this than I do, go ahead and think that. You will find out tomorrow that Miami will either take Ronnie Brown or one of the other two running backs via a trade down.

Miami taking brown or smith or whatever will depend on multiple things. So you cant say he will flat out take brown with other teams wanting other players to move up. If Saban drafts according to BPA than it would be smith or Edwards than Brown.

We just dont know untill all the cards are layed out.

IMHO I think he will draft edwards just to trade down with Minn or whoever wants Edwards but then again you or I are not Saban...

You SAVY!

jason_taylor said:

Man, Ricky must have posted his stash location on the net. HE IS NOT COMING BACK, DEAL WITH IT MMMKAY!

You can draft a WR in a later round, but you won't find a RB that can do what Brown do can in a later round.

KB21 said:
But somehow, a wide receiver is value? Please. There will never be a day where a wide receiver is more valuable than a running back.

It has to do with the #2 piclk, the contract that it requires, the short average lifespan of runners, how its easier to find a top runner later in the draft than it is a top receiver............value of the pick.

KB21 said:
Well, if it makes you feel good to think you know more about this than I do, go ahead and think that. You will find out tomorrow that Miami will either take Ronnie Brown or one of the other two running backs via a trade down.

Yes if we trade down, not at number 2.

I never thought we would draft a RB with our No 2 pick despite the assertions of the draft experts.

I wouldnt discount drafting one of the top three RBs if we trade down to the 5-7 spot range but I think its more likely we would draft one in the second or third rounds.

IMO if Smith is not available we will trade down.We need several starters and there are a lot of good players that will be available later on.

It's likely the NFL Network guy is right. The reason has nothing to do with need. It is that a) teams don't like to draft a RB this high, b/c RB is an easier position to fill than several others (just look at Denver); b) There are a slew of decent RB's in this draft; c) Braylon Edwards is probably rated higher on most boards than Brown; and d) We do need a WR.

I completely disagree that we are set at WR! Booker is not a deep threat and cannot take double teams away from Chambers. You can't look at Booker's stats at Chicago and think we have a good tandem. We need another game braking playmaker at WR. Booker is not. He is an adequate possession guy, but does not scare anyone. If Edwards reaches his potential, that tandem of Edwards and Chambers would be deadly. It is especially important if we use a lot of 3 WR sets like Minnesota did.

We do have a significant need at RB and if we can trade down, probably will take a RB. But, if we can't, taking Edwards at #2, we still have a good shot at a RB later on.

edwards wld be the only logical pick at #2 which i still see being traded down w/either TB or Washington

I have a feeling that Williams is going to make some people sorry they didn't get him when they had the chance. This guy is a playmaker and I'm not convinced Edwards is the best WR in the draft.

Dolfan1000 said:
To be honest, I would love to know where he gets such firm statements, considering Saban has been extremely tight-lipped.

the same place we get our "firm statements"...i'm currently sitting on mine.

lets assume miami takes brown at #2, and he becomes a HOF'er: schefter would then say in 10 years that it was the "obvious" choice, and that he knew it all along.

lets assume miami takes brown at #2, and he washes out in a couple of years:

schefter would then say in 10 years that not taking him was the "obvious" choice, and that he knew it all along.

the media makes me laugh.

Back
Top Bottom