Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two)

General Tso said:
What round 2-3 WRs are you excited about? The two Georgia receivers? Roby? Mathis? Henry? Murphy? Parrish? I don't see any of them being more than complimentary #3 WRs. On the other hand there are several RBs that may develop into quality starters in rounds 2-3 (Fason, Moats, Barber, Arrington, Shelton, etc)

TRUE VERY TRUE:wink:

General Tso said:
To me getting Edwards and a RB in round 2 or 3 is better than getting Brown and any WR that will be there in rounds 2 and 3. I think the gap between Edwards and the round 2-3 receivers is much greater than the gap between Brown and Fason or a few others.

Of course, I'd take the QB over the WR or RBs...

If we were the 49ers...I could agree with the taking a QB...but since neither Smith nor Rodgers are able to start...and most likely wouldn't...for at least one year perhaps two...that becomes a wasted pick that could have improved the offense immediately...as in acquiring a top WR/RB.
Now you have lost the chance to improve the team where it needs the most immediate improvment...for a bench warmer...that by the way will cost mil's of cap dollars...talk about dead cap money...geez.
QB's are like any other position...there's always plenty of time to find one...and perhaps Saban will later in this draft...if not...it's far better to aquire needed weapons now...so at least when you do change at QB...the pieces are already in place.

I don't get the feeling Saban is terribly comfortable with taking either QB at #2, and Smith, who he might want, won't be there anyway. I also don't think that he sees any of the RBs as good value at #2. Braylon is the only good value at #2. I think we'll pick him, and THEN we'll see how bad some of these other teams want him. I think we can get a better deal once we pick him, rather than making a trade while teams still aren't sure whether we'll take him or Brown. You know, why give us two first rounders if they think we'll take Brown...

So, pick Braylon, see what teams want to offer us for him, and if no one gives us what we want, keep him...cause I think he'll be a huge improvement to our offense.

fishypete said:
If we were the 49ers...I could agree with the taking a QB...but since neither Smith nor Rodgers are able to start...and most likely wouldn't...for at least one year perhaps two...that becomes a wasted pick that could have improved the offense immediately...as in acquiring a top WR/RB.
Now you have lost the chance to improve the team where it needs the most immediate improvment...for a bench warmer...that by the way will cost mil's of cap dollars...talk about dead cap money...geez.
QB's are like any other position...there's always plenty of time to find one...and perhaps Saban will later in this draft...if not...it's far better to aquire needed weapons now...so at least when you do change at QB...the pieces are already in place.

I AGREE 100% WE DONT NEED A BENCH WARMER WE NEED AN IMPACT PLAYER THAT IS BRYLAN EDWARDS:evil:

jason_taylor said:
I AGREE 100% WE DONT NEED A BENCH WARMER WE NEED AN IMPACT PLAYER THAT IS BRYLAN EDWARDS:evil:

We don't need a bench warmer, yet you want a player with the #2 pick that wil....you guessed it....come off the bench.

Ronnie Brown will start. Braylon Edwards will be the #3 receiver at best.

Even If We Dont Have The Room To Pay Edge Or Alexander We Could Use The 2nd Rounder To Get Travis Henery And Maybe A 6th Or 7th Rounder Because They Only Want A 3rd For Him.. Imo

KB21 said:
We don't need a bench warmer, yet you want a player with the #2 pick that wil....you guessed it....come off the bench.

THERE IS NOWAY UNDER THE NEW OL COACH HE LIKES 3 WR SETS AND EDWARDS WILL HAVE MORE IMPACT THAN BROWN YOU DONT SEE ANYBODY TRYING TO MOVE UP TO GET BROWN DO YOU?? NOPE ...EDWARDS IS THE REAL DEAL AND HE IS THE BEST PLAYER COMING OUT OF THE DRAFT SABAN SAID HE WAS GOING TO PICK THE BEST PLAYER NO MATTER WHAT POSSION IT IS AND IT IS WR HANDS DOWN:evil:

fishypete said:

There's plenty of time to find a QB? When? Where? You're not going to find a stud QB in free agency without giving up 2 first round draft picks for him, and your chances of finding one in the middle to late rounds of the draft are slim at best.

We're not going to make the playoffs this year, a quick turnaround is not expected nor needed. It's obvious to me from Saban's actions and comments that he doesn't think we have our QB yet, so I don't think there's any problem having Smith/Rodgers sit behind Frerotte/Feeley for a year and then take over in year 2. I'm not so sure Rodgers wouldn't beat out Frerotte and Feeley during year 1 anyways, particularly Feeley. I think Rodgers can complete 53% of his passes and throw more INTs than TDs just as well as AJ can.

KB21 said:

Edwards...3rd receiver..LOL. Edwards will be the Dolphins # 1 receiver...Chambers will be where he should be at # 2...and Booker will be where he should be...in the windy city...again.

jason_taylor said:
THERE IS NOWAY UNDER THE NEW OL COACH HE LIKES 3 WR SETS AND EDWARDS WILL HAVE MORE IMPACT THAN BROWN YOU DONT SEE ANYBODY TRYING TO MOVE UP TO GET BROWN DO YOU?? NOPE ...EDWARDS IS THE REAL DEAL AND HE IS THE BEST PLAYER COMING OUT OF THE DRAFT SABAN SAID HE WAS GOING TO PICK THE BEST PLAYER NO MATTER WHAT POSSION IT IS AND IT IS WR HANDS DOWN:evil:

I don't think Edwards will have more impact than Brown. Edwards will have at most 10 catches in a game... Brown will rush 20-25 times and catch 4-6 passes. I think he'll be a stud.

But to me it's a matter of is it easier to find a RB in rounds 2-3 that's closer to Brown's talent level than to find a WR after round 1 that's close to Edwards.

General Tso said:
There's plenty of time to find a QB? When? Where? You're not going to find a stud QB in free agency without giving up 2 first round draft picks for him, and your chances of finding one in the middle to late rounds of the draft are slim at best.

We're not going to make the playoffs this year, a quick turnaround is not expected nor needed. It's obvious to me from Saban's actions and comments that he doesn't think we have our QB yet, so I don't think there's any problem having Smith/Rodgers sit behind Frerotte/Feeley for a year and then take over in year 2. I'm not so sure Rodgers wouldn't beat out Frerotte and Feeley during year 1 anyways, particularly Feeley. I think Rodgers can complete 53% of his passes and throw more INTs than TDs just as well as AJ can.

90% of Rodgers throws during the year were 5-6 yd passes...he played in a WCO. You fell for the hype...pure and simple. I find it amazing that most teams that are calling up to trade up aren't calling for either QB...there calling for Edwards....that should tell you all you want to know. Take Edwards..or take the best trade offer and move on.

fishypete said:
Edwards...3rd receiver..LOL. Edwards will be the Dolphins # 1 receiver...Chambers will be where he should be at # 2...and Booker will be where he should be...in the windy city...again.

I COULDNT AGREE MORE FISHYPETE OR IS THAT YOU NICK????? BRYLAN EDWARDS THE NEXT GENARATION OF THE MIAMI DOLPHINS :evil: BENCH WARMER:roflmao: :roflmao: YOU WISH:wink:

General Tso said:
I don't think Edwards will have more impact than Brown. Edwards will have at most 10 catches in a game... Brown will rush 20-25 times and catch 4-6 passes. I think he'll be a stud.

But to me it's a matter of is it easier to find a RB in rounds 2-3 that's closer to Brown's talent level than to find a WR after round 1 that's close to Edwards.

Edwards will move the safeties back...in doing that he helps the running game...who will have more impact all around?

fishypete said:
90% of Rodgers throws during the year were 5-6 yd passes...he played in a WCO. You fell for the hype...pure and simple. I find it amazing that most teams that are calling up to trade up aren't calling for either QB...there calling for Edwards....that should tell you all you want to know. Take Edwards..or take the best trade offer and move on.

Fell for the hype? What hype? I'm one of the few people out there that thinks Rodgers is the best player in this draft. Most people on this board and the experts think Miami and Cleveland shouldn't draft him and he might slide as far as #24.

My opinion of Rodgers comes from watching him for the last 2 years, and you're 90% stat is garbage that you're completely making up. Do you think he put up 5 300+ yard games at the end of 2003 throwing 5 yard passes? Do you think he put up the 400 yards against Virginia Tech in the bowl game win throwing 5 yard passes? He's proven in college, at the college all star challenge and in his personal workouts that he can throw the ball deep and accurately.

If you'd watched Cal the last two years you'd know that Cal's offense threw down field much more in 2003 and at the beginning of 2004, it wasn't until midway through this season that Cal had to go ultra conservative because their top FOUR WRs were hurt and the two freshmen couldn't get open and couldn't catch the ball when they did.

fishypete said:
Edwards will move the safeties back...in doing that he helps the running game...who will have more impact all around?

Brown will move the safeties up because LBs cannot cover him (hell, safeties struggle covering him). When Brown's in the game he can hurt you as a receiver just as much as a runner and the defense cannot focus on stopping either... which helps both the running and passing games.

Back
Top Bottom