Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two)

I agree with phinsphan, what is there to gain by pretending we never spoke to Brown. Saban is not wanny, he doesn't need a RB to grind out the game. No more 3 yards and a pile of dust.

grendel said:
I agree with phinsphan, what is there to gain by pretending we never spoke to Brown. Saban is not wanny, he doesn't need a RB to grind out the game. No more 3 yards and a pile of dust.

Oh my gosh! Here is the "If we take a running back, we have to run the ball 30 times a game" line. Ridiculous. You completely ignore what Ronnie Brown will do for the passing game, with his complete ability, and focus on only one aspect of his game.

Do you think Linehan is going to throw the ball 50 times a game next season?

KB21 said:
Oh my gosh! Here is the "If we take a running back, we have to run the ball 30 times a game" line. Ridiculous. You completely ignore what Ronnie Brown will do for the passing game, with his complete ability, and focus on only one aspect of his game.

I wasnt the one that said that but I would personally love to have Ronnie Brown. I just honestly dont think it is going to happen.

Dolfan1000 said:
He made it very clear again tonight- Miami will NOT draft a running back at number two. Now he didnt say anything about 7 or 9, assuming a trade down... To be honest, I would love to know where he gets such firm statements, considering Saban has been extremely tight-lipped. However, with that said, this is two nights in a row where he has made this very clear.

He basically said if SF takes Smith, we either take Edwards or trade down for someone who wants Edwards. I still think a WR is a bit of a waste... We have two very good ones.

I agree, we won't take a RB. Every report says that Saban just doesn't see enough value in the top 3 backs in the draft. Edwards will provide that value, but it will be a waste. Take a QB or just trade, best option? Trade!

?

KB21 said:
Schefter doesn't know anymore about this than we do. Nick Saban hasn't told anyone anything. The only people who know what Nick Saban will do are Scott O'Brien and Rick Spielman, and they aren't telling Adam Schefter that Miami isn't dafting a running back.

Yes he does.... will he be right all the time? No ...

Does he know more than everyone posting here? yes....

He may not know what Miami will do , and I doubt even Nick Saban could tell anyone for sure what WILL happen .... but he does have daily access to inside information that in total dwarfs what anyone here gets.... anyone....

It may be information that Saban wants "out" it may be informed conjecture , or passed along from other organizations , but I highly doubt he is basing that delliberate pronouncement on just his assertations.

Miami may very well pick Ronnie Brown and would that be a good/great pick .... it sure could be.... Nick Saban will proceed with what is best OVERALL for the long term success of this team. He understands the poor drafting has left a rather large void of young talent on this team , and at some point you have to address that. Whether that is one big piece at a time , or several perhaps smaller ones .... he will see what the options are right up till Miami is on the clock and he will be set in his decision when he makes and will not waver ... that alone has to make Miami fans smile :) It does for me..... he may make some moves and selections that on the surface maybe don't seem to fit to even the most ardent fans here , but you simply have to believe he both knows much more and is tremendously astute in the process of going about a draft.

KB21 said:
Let me add that he isn't getting this from the players either, because they don't even know if Nick is going to take them or not.

No one outside his inner circle of O'Brien and Spielman knows who Nick will pick, and no one will know till 12:30 tomorrow. The only reason I project Ronnie Brown to Miami is because it makes the most sense. Braylon Edwards doesn't make any sense for Miami, and there is no one out there that can justify taking Braylon Edwards over Ronnie Brown. There's not enough of a gap between them to justify taking the wide receiver over the running back.

KB21 said:

Braylon Edwards...makes no sense for miami...2 words, you said them yourself in your other post, Scott Linehan. The guy uses 3 WR SETS + 1 TE, and he ran a commitee of RB's in Minnesota. We currently have a committee of RB's (Im not saying I want to have a commitee, but I dont think we take one of the top backs in the draft, not enough value for #2...if we have the chance I think we take J.J. Arrington.) I can easily justify taking Braylon Edwards in this draft. Can you justify NOT taking him? Ohhhhhh we have Chambers, Booker, Thompson, and Mcmichael....yeah we saw how that worked out for us last season. Thompson will always be mediocre, nothing more. Booker cannot stretch the defense, hes a possession WR. Chambers is ALWAYS double teamed since he is our only real vertical threat and Mcmichael is definately targeted by the defenses now after last season...If you draft Edwards you have...Chambers, Edwards, Booker, and Mcmichael...the committee of RB's will definately be able to run when you have such talent stretching the field. Edwards would be an awesome addition to our team. I have put up with you Ronnie Brown lovers forever, you're entitled to your opinion but just dont bash on drafting Edwards because hes been rated the best player in the draft...you're only making yourself look naive.

Phinfan31 said:
Braylon Edwards...makes no sense for miami...2 words, you said them yourself in your other post, Scott Linehan. The guy uses 3 WR SETS + 1 TE, and he ran a commitee of RB's in Minnesota. We currently have a committee of RB's (Im not saying I want to have a commitee, but I dont think we take one of the top backs in the draft, not enough value for #2...if we have the chance I think we take J.J. Arrington.) I can easily justify taking Braylon Edwards in this draft. Can you justify NOT taking him? Ohhhhhh we have Chambers, Booker, Thompson, and Mcmichael....yeah we saw how that worked out for us last season. Thompson will always be mediocre, nothing more. Booker cannot stretch the defense, hes a possession WR. Chambers is ALWAYS double teamed since he is our only real vertical threat and Mcmichael is definately targeted by the defenses now after last season...If you draft Edwards you have...Chambers, Edwards, Booker, and Mcmichael...the committee of RB's will definately be able to run when you have such talent stretching the field. Edwards would be an awesome addition to our team. I have put up with you Ronnie Brown lovers forever, you're entitled to your opinion but just dont bash on drafting Edwards because hes been rated the best player in the draft...you're only making yourself look naive.

Yeah. It makes a whole hell of a lot of sense for a team that has a gaping hole at the running back position to take a wide receiver over a running back when the two are rated pretty much equal in the draft.

KB21 said:
Yeah. It makes a whole hell of a lot of sense for a team that has a gaping hole at the running back position to take a wide receiver over a running back when the two are rated pretty much equal in the draft.

I dont think you understand. Nick Saban is CHANGING our offense. Thats why he hired Scott Linehan. Linehan DOES NOT need a franchise RB to make his offensive scheme work. He uses a 3 WR/1 TE set. Our committee of RB's (Gordon, Minor, Morris) will be just fine running the ball, with such WRs as Chambers/Edwards/Booker/Mcmichael the defense would never be able to cover everyone. Like I said, I think we take a RB in the 2nd round due to the deep RB class this year. You're in for a disappointment tomorrow, we will not draft Ronnie Brown, by the way...he is not proven as the best RB in this draft...why do you think the mocks have us going a diff route than RB and chicago takes Benson instead of Brown???

Phinfan31 said:
he is not proven as the best RB in this draft.

Yes he is.

Phinfan31 said:
why do you think the mocks have us going a diff route than RB and chicago takes Benson instead of Brown???

Which mock would that be?

Kiper? He has us taking Brown
Scouts INC? Brown
Don Banks? Brown
Jay Glazer? Brown
Dennis Dodd? Brown

They have the Bears taking Benson because Brown won't be available after we take him if we stay at #2.

Phinfan31 said:
I dont think you understand. Nick Saban is CHANGING our offense. Thats why he hired Scott Linehan. Linehan DOES NOT need a franchise RB to make his offensive scheme work. He uses a 3 WR/1 TE set. Our committee of RB's (Gordon, Minor, Morris) will be just fine running the ball, with such WRs as Chambers/Edwards/Booker/Mcmichael the defense would never be able to cover everyone. Like I said, I think we take a RB in the 2nd round due to the deep RB class this year. You're in for a disappointment tomorrow, we will not draft Ronnie Brown, by the way...he is not proven as the best RB in this draft...why do you think the mocks have us going a diff route than RB and chicago takes Benson instead of Brown???

Well, if it makes you feel good to think you know more about this than I do, go ahead and think that. You will find out tomorrow that Miami will either take Ronnie Brown or one of the other two running backs via a trade down.

KB21 said:

Yeah, imagine the idiocy of running the ball 30 times a game. Does anyone here even bother to check out basic NFL stats? Linehan has already proven he has plenty of base pantyhose idiocy with his 387 rushing attempts last season. You give him a Ronnie Brown and that's even more reason for the suicidal swing passes that end up with a losing resume like this: 24 rushing attempts, 37 passes for 212 yards. We can look forward to a top 10 pick every year with numbers like that. Why do you think Mike Tice is on record as saying he wants to get back more to the running game? It's not just the absence of Randy Moss. Linehan's offense is too soft and therefore not suited to consistent or playoff success and Tice knows that.

Back
Top Bottom