Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adam Schefter: NO RB for Miami (Take Two)

I think I'm going to take a couple of Benadryl to see if it knocks me out.

KB21 said:
I got back just in time. It started pouring rain about 5 minutes after I got back in.

I'm watching an ESPN Classic thing on Pat Tillman right now. Really puts things into perspective.

Anyone on this Mediterranean Diet? I'm trying it. Of course, it's off this weekend due to the draft. I find that I stay hungry on this diet.

I got to lose a little bit of weight though. I weighed 226 lbs during spring break. That may not sound like much, but I'm only 5'8" tall.

I've been to the Mediterranean and love the attire but not the diet. I guess I'm fortunate at 6-3 1/2. I'm best at a WR-cut 185 range, but no one says anything until I'm 210+, when my face bloats.

My fave diet is a semi cop-out. I call it Go and No. One day I eat anything I want all day. And I stuff myself beyond belief. Buffets. Desserts. Snacks. The next day I don't eat anything. Nada. And you can't cheat by eating slightly less on a Go day with the theory you can sneak in a little bit during a No day. That defeats everything.

My No days are still a recovery from the Go day. But since you don't eat from let's say midnight until 8 AM an entire day later, that's 32 hours without food so you dump plenty of weight. Some people I recommend this diet to swear by it, others can't take it at all. They get a headache on the No days and don't have the willpower or patience to go so long without food.

Lab rats live 50% longer than standard on an approach like that. It's ideal for me. Not because I resemble a rat. I just can't nibble. If I'm eating I'm devouring. Decided on a pizza, BTW. That's always the heavy favorite.

Awsi Dooger said:
I've been to the Mediterranean and love the attire but not the diet. I guess I'm fortunate at 6-3 1/2. I'm best at a WR-cut 185 range, but no one says anything until I'm 210+, when my face bloats.

My fave diet is a semi cop-out. I call it Go and No. One day I eat anything I want all day. And I stuff myself beyond belief. Buffets. Desserts. Snacks. The next day I don't eat anything. Nada. And you can't cheat by eating slightly less on a Go day with the theory you can sneak in a little bit during a No day. That defeats everything.

My No days are still a recovery from the Go day. But since you don't eat from let's say midnight until 8 AM an entire day later, that's 32 hours without food so you dump plenty of weight. Some people I recommend this diet to swear by it, others can't take it at all. They get a headache on the No days and don't have the willpower or patience to go so long without food.

Lab rats live 50% longer than standard on an approach like that. It's ideal for me. Not because I resemble a rat. I just can't nibble. If I'm eating I'm devouring. Decided on a pizza, BTW. That's always the heavy favorite.

I made a homemade pizza Monday. I put a little too much fetta cheese on it. It was strong.

KB21 said:
I made a homemade pizza Monday. I put a little too much fetta cheese on it. It was strong.

You need to come here by Tarpon Springs....you can have all the goat cheese you want.

KB21 said:
Schefter doesn't know anymore about this than we do. Nick Saban hasn't told anyone anything. The only people who know what Nick Saban will do are Scott O'Brien and Rick Spielman, and they aren't telling Adam Schefter that Miami isn't dafting a running back.

No, but its common sense that the value is not there to draft a runner at #2

Phinfan31 said:
Braylon Edwards...makes no sense for miami...2 words, you said them yourself in your other post, Scott Linehan. The guy uses 3 WR SETS + 1 TE, and he ran a commitee of RB's in Minnesota. We currently have a committee of RB's (Im not saying I want to have a commitee, but I dont think we take one of the top backs in the draft, not enough value for #2...if we have the chance I think we take J.J. Arrington.) I can easily justify taking Braylon Edwards in this draft. Can you justify NOT taking him? Ohhhhhh we have Chambers, Booker, Thompson, and Mcmichael....yeah we saw how that worked out for us last season. Thompson will always be mediocre, nothing more. Booker cannot stretch the defense, hes a possession WR. Chambers is ALWAYS double teamed since he is our only real vertical threat and Mcmichael is definately targeted by the defenses now after last season...If you draft Edwards you have...Chambers, Edwards, Booker, and Mcmichael...the committee of RB's will definately be able to run when you have such talent stretching the field. Edwards would be an awesome addition to our team. I have put up with you Ronnie Brown lovers forever, you're entitled to your opinion but just dont bash on drafting Edwards because hes been rated the best player in the draft...you're only making yourself look naive.

I AGREE 100% WE TAKE BRYLAN EDWARDS :evil:

BlueFin said:
No, but its common sense that the value is not there to draft a runner at #2

But somehow, a wide receiver is value? Please. There will never be a day where a wide receiver is more valuable than a running back.

All I know is....not even Rick and Wanny could screw up the 2nd pick....so it's all good.

Gee Rick....who should we take....Edwards? NA...C. Willaims? NA...Benson?...NA...M. Williams? NA....R. Brown?....I'm tired of saying NA...Wanny...lets take him....and go find J.J.'s dog.

KB21 said:
Well, if it makes you feel good to think you know more about this than I do, go ahead and think that. You will find out tomorrow that Miami will either take Ronnie Brown or one of the other two running backs via a trade down.

I may not know more than you, but I think our pick will be Smith, Rodgers, or Edwards if we stay at #2. I think Saban's hoping to trade down, gain extra day one picks and then select one of the top 3 RBs... but if he doesn't trade down I think he goes QB or Edwards.

KB21 said:
But somehow, a wide receiver is value? Please. There will never be a day where a wide receiver is more valuable than a running back.

To me getting Edwards and a RB in round 2 or 3 is better than getting Brown and any WR that will be there in rounds 2 and 3. I think the gap between Edwards and the round 2-3 receivers is much greater than the gap between Brown and Fason or a few others.

Of course, I'd take the QB over the WR or RBs...

KB21 said:

I think they have equal value....both are just parts of the game...and are needed equally. As a example....Ricky had a great season....had the most yards...but what good did it do....when he was 90% of the offense...but add two very decent receivers to the mix....and all are dangerous....but equal.
You can't win games when you only have one threating weapon....lose that threat...and you have the 4-12 Miami Dolphins.

i think adam schefter is doing us a huge favor by saying that. what that means is that other teams will THINK we are going to draft braylon, so they will try to trade up to get our pick.... that adds value to our pick... so we trade down two spots (or whatever), earn up a bunch of picks, and still get guys we want.

its all psychological. I can almost guarantee we'll be trading down tomorrow. don't know with who, and it may be a last-minute trade that we haven't even heard of yet, but i could almost guarantee it...

fishypete said:
I think they have equal value....both are just parts of the game...and are needed equally. As a example....Ricky had a great season....had the most yards...but what good did it do....when he was 90% of the offense...but add two very decent receivers to the mix....and all are dangerous....but equal.
You can't win games when you only have one threating weapon....lose that threat...and you have the 4-12 Miami Dolphins.

I think Ronnie has more value because he will have an affect in both the passing and running game where Braylon will only affect the passing game to the extent that the QB can get him the ball. No other runner in the draft can affect the game the way Ronnie Brown can in all aspects.

Gitrdone said:
WR is the deepest in the draft not RB. There is a huge dropoff after the top 3 RB's. Why draft Braylon when he will only touch the ball 1-10 times a game. Ronnie Brown with his catching abil could run 15-25 times or more, and catch 1-5 times or more a game. Thats way more then what Braylon will bring.

Many more WR's in the draft in the lower rounds with some great talent also. How many RB's in this draft are a WR and RB threat all in one? And by WR threat I mean abil to be split out wide to the WR position, not catching out of the backfield.

Ronnie Brown will get the ball way more then a WR would. So he should be taken over Braylon.

What round 2-3 WRs are you excited about? The two Georgia receivers? Roby? Mathis? Henry? Murphy? Parrish? I don't see any of them being more than complimentary #3 WRs. On the other hand there are several RBs that may develop into quality starters in rounds 2-3 (Fason, Moats, Barber, Arrington, Shelton, etc)

KB21 said:
I think Ronnie has more value because he will have an affect in both the passing and running game where Braylon will only affect the passing game to the extent that the QB can get him the ball. No other runner in the draft can affect the game the way Ronnie Brown can in all aspects.

:shakeno: NO WAY WE CAN PASS UP BRYLAN TELL ME WHO IS TRYING TO TRADE UP TO GET A RB NOBODY THATS WHY BRYLAN IS THE GUY SABAN SHOULD GRAB IN THE 1ST ROUND AND THE WE CAN GO RB IN THE 2ND PLENTY TO CHOOSE FROM

Back
Top Bottom