Adewale Ogunleye had NO LESS than FIVE SACKS tonight... | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Adewale Ogunleye had NO LESS than FIVE SACKS tonight...

I heard Maddog Mandich comment yesterday that the Fins really hit on their #'s 3 & 4 draft picks this year. He said they are very very please at how they have come along and think they will be big contributors in the future.

Clayton....i couldn't agree more, about Henry, I understand he had bad blocking but, he ran straight into the pile too many times. There were a few times he could have just cut right or left two yards and not been running straight into a defender. I know of at least three times that I had to yell at him to, "open your friggin eyes!!"(not that I was there or anything....he just needed to be yelled at). I thought he ran hard and looked strong but, elusive?.....No.
I will reserve judgement until I see him again but, you know what they say about first impressions.

He probably would have made those sharp cuts if he could or was experienced doing so. Gotta realize some guys can't cut like that. I saw a few of the times you were talking about and I don't know if Ricky Williams could have even cut those as good as he is. Its way easier said than done.

I've definitely been happy with what I have seen from Seth McKinney and Randy McMichael. It seems like with Wannstedt we hit on our draft picks until we get to the 5th round. From there its a bunch of Shawn Drapers, Brandon Wineys, Rick Crowells, Jeff Harris's, Otis Leverettes, and Josh Heupels...and now Sam Simmons isn't doing much and I haven't seen much outta Omare Lowe either. Leonard Henry looks alright I guess but he'll never really be a starter just a capable backup someday MAYBE. But then, we'll hit on these undrafted guys like its easy. The only late round pick I can think of that we somewhat hit on (though I've never really been convinced about him) is 6th round pick Ernest Grant. Am I missing one? Who was our 5th round pick in Wannstedt's first draft here? It was Todd Wade in the 2nd round, Ben Kelly 3rd round, Deon Dyer 4th round, ______ in the 5th, then Rick Crowell and Ernest Grant both 6th round I believe, then Jeff Harris. The next year it was Jamar Fletcher 1st, Chris Chambers 2nd, Travis Minor and Morlon Greenwood in the 3rd, did we have a 4th?, Shawn Draper in the 5th, then Brandon Winey and Otis Leverette and Josh Heupel in the 6th, and I don't think we had a 7th that year.

Didn't Jimmy Johnson use to hit on his 5th, 6th, and 7th rounders more often?

I may be completely expecting way too much......with all the hype you hear on this website about our own players, it's hard to remember that Leonard Henry was a only a 7th round pick. I expected him to be pulling 360s and leaping over small defenders in a single bound! :D

Back
Top Bottom