AFC and NFC Rookies of the Year (merged) | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC and NFC Rookies of the Year (merged)

If we're talkin about for the year, the trio of rookie WR's has to be looked at: Stallworth(NO), Reed(BUF), and Davis(CLE).

Stats

Rookie recievers and tight ends stats so far:
Randy McMichael- 16 catches, 230 yards, 3 TDs
Donte Stallworth-15 catches, 179 yards, 4 TDs
Andre Davis-19 catches, 259 yards, 4 TDs
Josh Reed-18 catches, 235 yards, 2 TDs
Jeremy Shockey-16 catches, 209 yards, 1 TD

dont forget that NE Rook Deion Branch he is also a very good rookie for the pats and leads all rookies in catches and yards by far and 2 TD is not that bad.

32 Catches 370 yards 2 TD

32 catches in one month of football is certainly pretty darn good for a rookie. We'll see if he keeps it up. It doesn't matter so much who wins the yardage/catch/TD numbers so much as it matters who is doing what compared to the rest of their position.

I mean if Randy ends the season with flat out pro bowl numbers and pro bowl consideration and/or a trip to hawaii, he'll end up with R.O.Y. honors even if Branch/Reed/Davis/Stallworth have 1000 yards receiving, or Clinton Portis rushes for 1100 yards.

No doubt Tony Gonzales will make the pro bowl in the AFC but I think two TEs get to go, don't they? If thats the case, Marcus Pollard's injuries and absence open the door for McMichael.

Actually I think three TEs go to the pro bowl. Thus far it's looking like Gonzo, McMichael, and Heap. Our best bets this year offensively for the Pro Bowl are Ricky, McMichael, and Chambers. Defensively, we can look forward to Madison and Taylor.

Who was our last offensive Pro Bowler?

Originally posted by ckparrothead
32 catches in one month of football is certainly pretty darn good for a rookie.

32 catches in one month is pretty good for anybody... he is on pace for 103 receptions this year... that would be an NFL record for Rookie WR's. Dude had an Insane month.

AFC and NFC Rookies of the Year

Who do you think should be the ROY on offense and defense for the AFC and NFC???

AFC
Offensive- Randy McMichael (Clinton Portis is doing well too)

Defensive- Phillip Buchanon

NFC
Offensive- Dante Stallworth (Patrick Ramsey could challenge)

Defensive- Julius Peppers

Re: AFC and NFC Rookies of the Year

statistically, right now it would go to Deion Branch, NE 32/370 2 TDs and 26.4 avg for KRs - though if Tory Brown gets back on the field he will see the ball less

Re: Re: AFC and NFC Rookies of the Year

Originally posted by dolphan39
statistically, right now it would go to Deion Branch, NE 32/370 2 TDs and 26.4 avg for KRs - though if Tory Brown gets back on the field he will see the ball less

I agree, Branch has produced the most out of all the rookies.

Back
Top Bottom