AFC East All Stars (from Bills forums) | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East All Stars (from Bills forums)

Dolfan5000 said:
Explain, because when he wasn't hurt last year he was simply the best MLB in the league (in the earlier part of the season).
In the league? Sure. Zach was getting ran over. He may have tackles...behind the DL. Some finfans even question if he's worth keeping/over the hill. If you are the best MLB in the league, no one will question you.

This is too vague. If it's all about last year, then Bowens wouldn't be listed. If it's about the best players, then Bowens deserves it because the guy is a run-stopping tank. Last season with our defensive line we had the best rush defense in the conference and the second best in the league at 3.3 YPC. This certainly warrants more attention for the defensive line, all of which are still around except for Ogunleye.

Cornerbacks are debatable. I had an argument with a Bills homer a while back about Clements and Surtain, with him making the claim that any GM in the league would rather have Clements. Now, it's plain as day that Surtain is the best cornerback in the division. Based on last year alone, Surtain did a very good job of shutting down a lot of the top receivers that we faced. I went through it in the past but I can't the post anymore. I remember who Surtain typically covered. It's tough to say that he was better than Clements last year (or vice versa) since both teams had dominating pass defenses.

Junior Seau is without a doubt the best career OLB in the division, but now he's behind Spikes. Willie and Barton don't belong with those two.

And on and on. It's not nearly as fun as a time-killer as I thought it would be.

Justasportsfan said:
In the league? Sure. Zach was getting ran over. He may have tackles...behind the DL. Some finfans even question if he's worth keeping/over the hill. If you are the best MLB in the league, no one will question you.
Behind the DL? Zach before week eight lead the league in tackles for a loss. So, no. Just because he is aged a bit and he can't take on a 330 lb head to head doesn't mean he is old and broken up. The only downfall he has is that he can't take on huge blockers, he never has been able to do that well. He (IMO) is still one of the best MLBs in the league. When you watch him on gameday like I do you'd know why I say what I say.

Justasportsfan said:

So one fool posts a "most overrated list" and puts Thomas on it, and off you go. That list also inlcuded Brian Urlacher, who generally is the difference between the Bears winning and losing - especially the last few years.

If anything, last year should have shown you that Thomas doesn't need his defensive linemen to get tackles. He had 145 while missing around 4 games with porous backup defensive tackles.

I also challenge you to name me one linebacker - anywhere in the league - that can routinely break blocks from offensive linemen outweighing them by anywhere from 40-70 pounds. I don't care who you are, if you're a linebacker you're going to get beat by Kevin Mawae.

flintsilver7 said:
Junior Seau is without a doubt the best career OLB in the division, but now he's behind Spikes. Willie and Barton don't belong with those two.
I think you meant career MLB. Seau's only been OLB for about 3 yrs. and has been average at best as an OLB.

flintsilver7 said:
So one fool posts a "most overrated list" and puts Thomas on it, and off you go..
Just like every other poster who went off on the original list. :rolleyes: I did criticize his post and never generalized like some finfans do here just because of 1 bills fans opinion.

mjwenz said:
He's a really bad route runner I heard from Redskins fans.

Coles used to have big games ag us and twice yearly totals over 1200 yards.

Dolfan5000 said:
Behind the DL? Zach before week eight lead the league in tackles for a loss. So, no. Just because he is aged a bit and he can't take on a 330 lb head to head doesn't mean he is old and broken up. The only downfall he has is that he can't take on huge blockers, he never has been able to do that well. He (IMO) is still one of the best MLBs in the league. When you watch him on gameday like I do you'd know why I say what I say.
Of course he'll lead the legue when every other rb runs straight at him after bulldozing through your DL.

No but has Chambers ever had anyone good.. ever to throw to him? He is a deep threat and we had the qb who had the one of the weakest arms in the league in Fiedler, it's not just about the receiver, if you don't have a good qb who can get you the ball you are going to be labelled a bad receiver, If you have crap receivers and you are a great qb then you are labelled a bad qb. If Hasslebeck had receivers who could catch the ball often enough he would be in the top 3 qb's in the league, instead he's struggling to get his team into the playoffs.

Thomas had no Chester or Bowens last year and David Bowens is not that good unless he's beside JT. He still was 2nd in the league in tackles, to me that signals he had a great year and should be touted as a top 3 MLB in the game. Oh and RB's don't usually just run into MLB's expecting to bulldoze them over, especially Zach, him and Ray Lewis are the 2 best tacklers in the game... what a dumb comment. I've yet to see many 235 pound MLB's fight off O-lineman and overpower them also.

EDIT: Also look at the DB's in Coles' old division and look at the ones in the AFC East... Nate Clements and Ty Law are pretty damn good corners.

All potential. Until he actually proves something, no way should he even be considered as Moulds equal.

Zach can tackle. The question is, how much of a gamebreaker or big play MLB is he? Not much.

Justasportsfan said:
All potential. Until he actually proves something, no way should he even be considered as Moulds equal.

Of course he is not Mould's equal, I never said anything about that.

Unless you meant Coles' equal then that's a diff story all together.

Oh and Zach has big play potential, he got 2 sacks and 3 picks the year before, he just had a down year on turnovers.

Zach and Tedy both have a lot of big play potential and they've shown that over the years. Certainly more than London Fletcher.

flintsilver7 said:
Zach and Tedy both have a lot of big play potential and they've shown that over the years. Certainly more than London Fletcher.

well, if you want "big plays", i would agree. Fletcher wont get you that INT or sack. but hes a run stopper, and gets tackles. (his coverage skills are bad. his zone coverage is just bad.)

hes the backbone of our D. he allows Spikes to do what he does best.

and if you want to know how he does without spikes or adams.... just go back a few years when he first signed with the bills. our team was horrable. noone around him worth a damn. 90% of the time he stopped the run, but the 1 time he got blocked, the RB would go for 30 yards. he got my respect after that season.

Bruschi's future is unclear, and may even retire.
Thomas is a great MLB, and i would put him above fletcher.

1- thomas
2- fletcher
3- bruschi
4- vilma

this division has very good MLBs. no wonder our division has some very good D.

also: Fletcher's play should have gotten him in the probowl the past 3 years. but hes always an alternate. :mad:

Back
Top Bottom