AFC East All Stars (from Bills forums) | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East All Stars (from Bills forums)

The Tackle position is wrong for the Dolphins. Our best tackle is not Damion McIntosh
Our best tackle is Stockar McDougle.

Not really plausible until McDougle shows what he can do here. Coles is an exception because he already played in the division.

flintsilver7 said:
Not really plausible until McDougle shows what he can do here. Coles is an exception because he already played in the division.

Nonsense McDougle was a starting tackle on a line that has given up the fewest sacks the last 2 seasons. He also helped block for rookie 1000 yard back Kevin Jones. He is clearly better than McIntosh. I realize that McDougle plays RT but he played much better the last 2 seasons.

flintsilver7 said:

Dont mean to be rude, but I really dont buy this. Either include both or dont include either. Does that mean Randy Moss cant be considered one of the five best WR's in the AFC West because weve never seen him play in the division? :confused:

Surferosa said:
Dont mean to be rude, but I really dont buy this. Either include both or dont include either. Does that mean Randy Moss cant be considered one of the five best WR's in the AFC West because weve never seen him play in the division? :confused:

Stockar McDougle is in no way comparable to Randy Moss or even Coles. Wide receivers generally work more independently than linemen. Moss should still practically be very good, but he played a consistently weak schedule in Minnesota. McDougle, on the other hand, is not a player of that caliber. He worked with a good unit in Detroit, but it's tough to say that he's going to perform at a similar level here.

Pink_Dove said:
Overall I'd say it's respectable.

- How does London Fletcher make it in front of ZT, Vilma and Bruschi ?
I'd like to see those 3 with TKO by their side and protected by Sam Adams and Pat Williams.

Pat Williams play for the Vikes now, so he's not in the AFCE anymore.

SQuinn17 said:
the bills guys that wrote that list are a bunch of clowns.

No, if we'd wrote it, they could say the same of us. That's how he see it, which doesn't make him wrong. As you can see by our reactions, we'd write it differently, and still no agree. :D

KTownsDolphins said:
Here are mine

QB - Tom Brady, Chad Pennington, AJ Feeley + JP Losman (tie) we are yet to see what these guys can do
RB - Corey Dillon, Curtis Martin, Willis McGahee, anybody in the dolphins backfield
FB - Patrick Pass, Jerald Sowell, Daimon Shelton, Heath Evans
TE - Daniel Graham,Randy McMichael (always fades end of the season), Mark Campbell, Chris Baker
WR - Eric Moulds, Chris Chambers, Deion Branch, Laveranues Coles
OT - Matt Light, Jason Fabini, Mike Williams, Damion McIntosh
OG - Pete Kendell, Chris Villarriel, Steve Neal, Jeno James
C - Kevin Mawae, Dan Koppen, Trey Teague, Seth McKinney

DE - Jason Taylor, Richard Seymour, Shaun Ellis, Aaron Schobel
DT - Sam Adams, Dewayne Robertson, Vince Wilfork, Tim Bowens
OLB - Takeo Spikes, , Willie McGinest, Junior Seau, Eric Barton
MLB - Tedy Bruschi, Zach Thomas, London Fletcher, Jonathan Vilma
CB - Pat Surtain, Nate Clements, Donnie Abraham, Asante Samuel
FS - Eugene Wilson, Eric Coleman, Troy Vincent, Tebucky Jones
SS - Rodney Harrison, Lawyer Milloy, Reggie Tongue, Deandre Eiland

K - Adam Vinatieri, Olindo Mare, Rian Lindell, Doug Brien (last for missing that kick against the steelers)
P - Matt Turk (earned it by punting so many times last year), Brian Moorman, Josh Miller, Toby Gowin
KR - Terrence McGee, Bethel Johnson, Wes Welker, Justin McCareins

Coach - Bill Belichick, Herman Edwards, Nick Saban (good offseason so far, yet to see what he can do in the NFL compared to college), Mike Mularkey

Isn't Tecbucky Jones going to play SS?????????

I only dream that McIntosh is a better tackle than Matt Light. And McKinney is the 3rd best center.:shakeno:

ch19079 said:
well, if you want "big plays", i would agree. Fletcher wont get you that INT or sack. but hes a run stopper, and gets tackles. (his coverage skills are bad. his zone coverage is just bad.)

hes the backbone of our D. he allows Spikes to do what he does best.

and if you want to know how he does without spikes or adams.... just go back a few years when he first signed with the bills. our team was horrable. noone around him worth a damn. 90% of the time he stopped the run, but the 1 time he got blocked, the RB would go for 30 yards. he got my respect after that season.

Bruschi's future is unclear, and may even retire.
Thomas is a great MLB, and i would put him above fletcher.

1- thomas
2- fletcher
3- bruschi
4- vilma

this division has very good MLBs. no wonder our division has some very good D.

also: Fletcher's play should have gotten him in the probowl the past 3 years. but hes always an alternate. :mad:

Fletcher is good, but he makes alot of dumb plays. The arguement that ZT only played well because of the 2 defensive tackles ahead of him can be used on Fletcher also, I would say that Pat Williams and Sam Adams were elite DT's and Fletcher could roam the field. How quickly a Bills fan forgets Fletcher kicking the ball vs the Jags and getting flagged for a dumb play. I do think he's the best LB on the Bills, but Spikes gets more credit which I don't know why.

No offense to Bills fan, but the original list was taken from a Bills forum and I would think that they would know that Trey Teague is being moved to tackle, and that Rex Tucker is in position to be there center.

djfresh47 said:
No offense to Bills fan, but the original list was taken from a Bills forum and I would think that they would know that Trey Teague is being moved to tackle, and that Rex Tucker is in position to be there center.

1) its WAY to soon to say Teague will move to OT. we still have the draft, and trade options, and dont forget the June cuts.

as it is now, hes staying at C, and we are looking at L. Shelton to be our OT next season.

o ,and tucker is nothing more than a backup. and if he starts (at any position) i will be VERY PISSED!!!

djfresh47 said:
How quickly a Bills fan forgets Fletcher kicking the ball vs the Jags and getting flagged for a dumb play. I do think he's the best LB on the Bills, but Spikes gets more credit which I don't know why.

1) some calles like the late hit on brady were complete BS. but he does get a few dumb penalties.

2) his coverage skills SUCK. its true.....

3) fletcher is the best LB on the bills. hes the backbone of our D.
Spikes gets more credit cus of the "big play" idea. not to mention he was great for the bengals, and his more to the bills put him in the spotlight. he gets the INT for a TD. he gets the big sack on the QB. but what people dont see is that fletcher got 14 tackles that game and the MAIN reason why we have the D we do.

Back
Top Bottom