AFC East breakdown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East breakdown

BuffaloSoldier2

Seasoned Veteran
Reaction score
Obviously, I'm a Bills fan. But I got some time to kill and decided to have a little fun. I'm not talking trash and I will try and be as objective as possible. Hopefully, you all will do the same. It is a simple position by position breakdown, where the top team receives a 4 and the bottom one receives a 1.

Quarterbacks
NE 4
MIA 3
NYJ 2
BUF 1
You have to go with the man with the hardware. I'm also assuming that Danute and Chadwick are close to full health. Obviously, this will change when JP matures in his 2nd year as a starter :tongue: , but I think this is pretty fair for now.

Running Backs
NE 4
BUF 3
MIA 2
NYJ 1
Obviously, a lot of Fins fans won't agree. I went with the proven guys. Dillion is banged up, but Maroney is a great pickup. Willis fell off last year but that was more due to a poor oline and shaky QB play. He has rushed for 1,100 yards in both years he has played. Ronnie Brown has a lot of tools but hasn't had to be the lead back since high school. He has to prove he can do it. A tip of the hat to C-Mart because he is a warrior but he is probably done. Their backs behind him are very unproven.

Wide Receivers
MIA 4
BUF 3
NYJ 2
NE 1
I have a lot of respect for Chambers and Booker is a great #2. Not too sure after that, but that is enough for a top rating. Lee Evans has 16 tds in two years and Price has been down the last couple of years, but still has fairly solid numbers for a #2. Look out for Roscoe Parrish from the U. Coles and McCareins are pretty solid, but don't really make big plays. Branch is one of the best in the league but they are really unproven behind him. Add in the fact he is holding out and 67 year old Troy Brown is a #2, that's not too promising.

Tight Ends
NE 4
MIA 3
NYJ 2
BUF 1
New England has the best pair of tight ends in the league. Randy McMicheal has always been underrated. Jolley and Baker aren't great but they are better than Buf right now.

Offensive Line
NE 4
MIA 3
BUF 2
NYJ 1
Personally, I think all the lines in this division are very weak. NE, by far, has the most complete line. I really don't think MIA's is that good but Hudson is a helluva of a coach. Just pray that Bennie Anderson doesn't start for you.:fire:
I think the Bills have definitely improved by picking up starters from the Car and Min. NYJ lost their best lineman and are depending on a lot of young guys. Could be very good in a couple of year, however.

Defensive Line
NE 4
MIA 3
BUF 2
NYJ 1
Seymour and Wilfork are some of the best at their positions in the league. MIA is very good but your DTs are a little weak and the ends are getting older. Gotta respect Taylor though. Schobel is very underrated and Triplett is a good pickup. NYJ lost their best pass rusher and Robertson is very inconsistent.

Linebackers
BUF 4
NE 3
MIA 2
NYJ 1
Again, this is based on the assumption that Spikes comes back healthy. He was a top 5 LB in 2004. Fletcher has lead the lead in tackles since he has come to Buffalo. Crowell is an upgrade over Posey. Not sure about Bruschi's health, but a very solid core. Zach is a great player but is getting old. Chowder had a good first year but has a ways to go. Not sure who your other LB is. Vilma is one of the best but the rest are questionable.

Secondary
BUF 4
NE 3
MIA 2
NYJ 1
Buf has the best pair of corners in the divison. Probably will be starting a rookie at SS and Vincent is old but solid at free. NE doesn't have big names but they get the job done. Mia's secondary is probably the biggest question mark on the team. Will Allen replacing Madison? Not sure about that one even if Madison is getting older. Maybe 3 new starters. I'll be honest that I have no idea who is even in NYJ's defenisve backfield.

Special Teams
BUF 4
MIA 3
NE 2
NYJ 1
Probably could have broken this down more. Buffalo has the best special teams unit in the league that last two years (best punter, good kicker, and Pro Bowl punter :rolleyes: ). Mia probably has the best kicker in the division and NE is always solid. The NYJ again are very unproven.

Obviously, this isn't an exact science but these are my final scores:
NE 29
MIA 25
BUF 24
NYJ 12

This doesn't mean crap in the big picture but just wondering what our rivals are thinking. Don't be too cruel. :cooldude:

Did a long post

Hey there. I did a long reply, but the stupid Finsheaven signed me out and when I hit submit it all got erased, so now all you get are my final scores.

Based on a 1-10 scale points system, suing the areas you scored, here is my final tally.

NE: 57.5
MIA : 55
BUFF: 44.5
NYJ: 32

i agree 100% with every position breakdown.

i of course think by the end of this season we will be either the #1 or close #2 in the RB department, but for now, #3 is justified.

good post

Fair AFC East breakdown. I do see a slight New England bias. I disagree on the RB, LB and, Secondary ratings. My adjustments are in bold text.

Running Backs
NE 4 - MIA 4
BUF 3
MIA 2 - NE 2
NYJ 1

I went with the proven guys. Dillion is banged up, but Maroney is a great pickup.
If Dillon is banged up, why rate NE high? I believe Brown will produce better numbers than the McGahee and Dillon.

Linebackers
BUF 4
NE 3 - MIA 3
MIA 2 - NE 2
NYJ 1

New England is banged up at LB and lost a starter via free agency.

Secondary
BUF 4
NE 3 - MIA 3
MIA 2 - NE 2
NYJ 1

Buf has the best pair of corners in the divison. Probably will be starting a rookie at SS and Vincent is old but solid at free. NE doesn't have big names but they get the job done. Mia's secondary is probably the biggest question mark on the team.
Agree about Buffalo being ranked high. NE is ranked above MIA because of reputation? Miami has upgraded its secondary from last year, and would rate higher than NE.

These are my adjusted scores:
NE 29 - MIA 29
MIA 25 - NE 25
BUF 24
NYJ 12

Everything is on the money, I think. Except LB. WE have the best MLB in the league (stat wise for about a decade) and Crowder (not chowder lol) is flat out nasty.

You know your stuff good job. Besides Linebackers I agree 100%. We'll still whoop New Englands butt anyways.

I dont think Miami and Buffalo are that close 25-24.

Aside from that, everything else looks to be 'ok'.

NE having the best TEs in the league is a stretch, and saying Zach is old is well, old. Every team has players who age. But his production has never gone down

Good work though!

Running Backs
NE 4
BUF 3
MIA 2
NYJ 1
Obviously, a lot of Fins fans won't agree. I went with the proven guys. Dillion is banged up, but Maroney is a great pickup. Willis fell off last year but that was more due to a poor oline and shaky QB play. He has rushed for 1,100 yards in both years he has played. Ronnie Brown has a lot of tools but hasn't had to be the lead back since high school. He has to prove he can do it. A tip of the hat to C-Mart because he is a warrior but he is probably done. Their backs behind him are very unproven.

Maroney is a rook. Dillon is banged up, but Maroney is just what you said, a great pickup. No proof that he will be productive. If going simply by potential (which seems the case), I would probably go with McGahee and crew up in Barfalo as #1 and THEN Miami #2 and THEN New England at #3. No way Maroney is a better back in his rookie season than Ronnie Brown in his 2nd season. In fact, Maroney is not better in his rookie season than Ronnie was last year! Maroney, IMO, is good. He is not special. He's bulky. He's not very shifty. In fact, when he shared carries with Marion Barber at MN (now with Dallas), you could see who was more talented. This is JMO, but rating NE #1 with a VERY injury-prone Dillon and an unproven rook is a stretch.

Good post, could argue the LB and RB positions, especially ranking Dillon so high, and dissing Zach on solely his age.

colmax said:
Maroney is a rook. Dillon is banged up, but Maroney is just what you said, a great pickup. No proof that he will be productive. If going simply by potential (which seems the case), I would probably go with McGahee and crew up in Barfalo as #1 and THEN Miami #2 and THEN New England at #3. No way Maroney is a better back in his rookie season than Ronnie Brown in his 2nd season. In fact, Maroney is not better in his rookie season than Ronnie was last year! Maroney, IMO, is good. He is not special. He's bulky. He's not very shifty. In fact, when he shared carries with Marion Barber at MN (now with Dallas), you could see who was more talented. This is JMO, but rating NE #1 with a VERY injury-prone Dillon and an unproven rook is a stretch.

"Very Injury-prone"?! Dillon has missed multiple games twice in his career due to injuries., in over 9 years in the league. He's looking good in camp to date. With a healthy OL in front of him he'll top 1400yds from scrimmage, even while splitting carries with Maroney.

Maroney may not be 'shifty' as you say, but all he has to do is make the first guy miss. Watch out when he gets past the DL. He'll have plenty of big runs this season, bank on it.

Add in Kevin Faulk to that rotation and I think this is the best corp of RB's in the division.

Tailgater said:
"Very Injury-prone"?! Dillon has missed multiple games twice in his career due to injuries., in over 9 years in the league. He's looking good in camp to date. With a healthy OL in front of him he'll top 1400yds from scrimmage, even while splitting carries with Maroney.

Maroney may not be 'shifty' as you say, but all he has to do is make the first guy miss. Watch out when he gets past the DL. He'll have plenty of big runs this season, bank on it.

Add in Kevin Faulk to that rotation and I think this is the best corp of RB's in the division.

Good luck with all that...................
Good read seems alright I believe youve been told about the linebacker part so yeah, good job.

Back
Top Bottom