AFC East draft positions....it's all good for Miami | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East draft positions....it's all good for Miami

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
11
Age
50
Location
West Palm Beach
Just a reminder....because it makes me happy..

Patriots have the LAST pick in the 1st round
Bills have NO pick in the 1st round
Jets have NO pick in the 1st round

Damn..that feels good

If things go as well as I think they can, Miami is going to be catching up to the rest of the division real soon.
 

Jimmy James

You sit on a throne of lies!
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Messages
21,722
Reaction score
3
Age
46
Location
Southside Virginia
I love where the Bills and Jets are, but hearing the Pats pick last just reminds me they won the Super Bowl and kills the whole buzz.
 

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
9,591
Reaction score
1
we got our pick last year. :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, maybe Saban takes a qb in this years draft , who won't be doing anything til next year. If he doesn't, good luck with Feely and Gus.

Maybe he'll take an established qb next year via FA or draft another one who again will need another year to develop.
 

Zeke0123

This is my worried look
Joined
Dec 23, 2003
Messages
3,481
Reaction score
0
Age
51
Justasportsfan said:
we got our pick last year. :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, maybe Saban takes a qb in this years draft , who won't be doing anything til next year. If he doesn't, good luck with Feely and Gus.

Maybe he'll take an established qb next year via FA or draft another one who again will need another year to develop.
shaddup.
 

FinsAreLife

F-A-L
Joined
Apr 3, 2005
Messages
4,747
Reaction score
0
Justasportsfan said:
we got our pick last year. :lol:

If it makes you feel any better, maybe Saban takes a qb in this years draft , who won't be doing anything til next year. If he doesn't, good luck with Feely and Gus.

Maybe he'll take an established qb next year via FA or draft another one who again will need another year to develop.


yeah they were great picks last year:tongue:, j/k they were good picks pending on what losman does this year, i think evans is goind to be good though
 

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
9,591
Reaction score
1
the redskins are following what we did last year. They want 2 first rd. talent that they can groom for next year. The difference is that, Donahoe wanted to make sure our guy (Losman) was still available before making the move.
 

Jimmy James

You sit on a throne of lies!
Joined
Oct 25, 2003
Messages
21,722
Reaction score
3
Age
46
Location
Southside Virginia
Justasportsfan said:
the redskins are following what we did last year. They want 2 first rd. talent that they can groom for next year. The difference is that, Donahoe wanted to make sure our guy (Losman) was still available before making the move.

Yeah, I have to say this Redskins trade is just odd. Was it Denver insisting they couldn't trade on the day of the draft or something? Denver did an early trade last year, after all. It just doesn't make sense to me to supposedly trade up to get a QB who may or may not be on the board at that point. If anybody else wanted him, you just painted a target on the couple of picks before yours.
 

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
9,591
Reaction score
1
Jimmy James said:
Yeah, I have to say this Redskins trade is just odd. Was it Denver insisting they couldn't trade on the day of the draft or something? Denver did an early trade last year, after all. It just doesn't make sense to me to supposedly trade up to get a QB who may or may not be on the board at that point. If anybody else wanted him, you just painted a target on the couple of picks before yours.
this is the problem the fins are in if Saban isn't able to trade down....

Should the fins take Smith, it would take a year for them to groom him. Drafting him in the no. 2 would be a reach since he is arguably at the same talent level as JP. That's a lot of $$$ since Smith supposedly wants an Eli type of contract.

For the sake of the fins, Gus or feely better pan out because if they don't and Saban passes on Smith you will need to get a qb via FA next year and drafting a Lienart would take another year.

Edwards wouldn't be a reach and is poised to make a conribution right away, however , you still need a rb unless Saban is able to lure RW back or finds a rb like what the 7 cowboys drafted in the later rds. last year.
 

GrnMtnMan

There's no school like The Old School
Joined
Apr 12, 2005
Messages
344
Reaction score
0
Location
Vermont
Justasportsfan said:
this is the problem the fins are in if Saban isn't able to trade down....

Should the fins take Smith, it would take a year for them to groom him. Drafting him in the no. 2 would be a reach since he is arguably at the same talent level as JP. That's a lot of $$$ since Smith supposedly wants an Eli type of contract.

For the sake of the fins, Gus or feely better pan out because if they don't and Saban passes on Smith you will need to get a qb via FA next year and drafting a Lienart would take another year.

Edwards wouldn't be a reach and is poised to make a conribution right away, however , you still need a rb unless Saban is able to lure RW back or finds a rb like what the 7 cowboys drafted in the later rds. last year.

Mostly we need an OL to find out if we actually need a RB (we probably do, but we will never truly know till our blockers start doing there job)
 

Justasportsfan

FinHeaven Elite
☠️ Banned ☠️
Joined
Dec 23, 2001
Messages
9,591
Reaction score
1
GrnMtnMan said:
Mostly we need an OL to find out if we actually need a RB (we probably do, but we will never truly know till our blockers start doing there job)
Ol can be addressed in the later rds. The most important thing about the OL is the coach. McNally and Bellichick proved that you don't need high priced players to turn your OL into a cohessive unit.
 

kizzaboo

Seasoned Veteran
Joined
Mar 29, 2005
Messages
909
Reaction score
4
Location
USD
Justasportsfan said:
Ol can be addressed in the later rds. The most important thing about the OL is the coach. McNally and Bellichick proved that you don't need high priced players to turn your OL into a cohessive unit.

And exactly what Saban and Houck are going to do.:tongue:
 

Gladsadmad

Active Roster
Joined
Mar 19, 2003
Messages
1,787
Reaction score
11
Age
50
Location
West Palm Beach
How about this...after the Surtain trade,

Miami now picks TWICE (2 & 46) before the Jets (47) & Bills (55) even pick ONCE!

:cooldude:
 

nepaica

Starter
Joined
Jul 25, 2004
Messages
242
Reaction score
1
The Redskins are throwing out a smoke screen. They would be complete morons to make the trade when they did and then start talking about a qb. What they did was position themselves to move up to pick Edwards. The qb talk is just to throw everyone off.
 

Dolfan73

Finally Back Home
Joined
Feb 27, 2004
Messages
1,546
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Astoria, Oregon
Gladsadmad said:
How about this...after the Surtain trade,

Miami now picks TWICE (2 & 46) before the Jets (47) & Bills (55) even pick ONCE!

:cooldude:

That puts a smile on my face. :D
 
Top Bottom