AFC East, more competitive than we thought? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East, more competitive than we thought?

I think the Bills and Jets are better than the experts have been predicting, but I still think the Phins are the best team in the AFC East.

:dolphins:

we've all spoken ofent of how week 1 doesnt make a season.
But here is my observations

Pats.. that rookie back looks like a monster.. abd may be their saviour on offense. Defense...is it me.. or it just seem like Seau wast just running around out there.

Jets... Pennington looked ok.. but if he keeps getting hits like yesterday he wont be... Their D just isnt the same without abraham

Bills... Evertime you start to think they have something.... they blow it in the second half. Their secondary is as bad as ours.

Phins... nice to see hot slants on Blitz packages. Our line better do a better job of opening lanes... or its going to be another long pass happy day.. hey.. wheres the play action... oh yea... running game.. NOT The D... well.... we all know... Seconday, seconday, seconday... i sweat bullets everytime an opponent goes back to pass.

My take.. thats all

burger13 said:
agree on all points - however, does it really matter if Dillon has nothing left because Laurence Maroney is the real deal. You could see right from is first pre-season game right up through yesterday that the kid has IT. I hope they stick with Dillon, becasue I don't want to face Maroney.

Being from Minnesota, and watching a lot of Gophers games, it made me sick to my stomach that New England got Maroney. I loved this kid in college and I really wanted to be able to pull for him in the pros, but then he gets drafted by the team I hate the most. :mad:

volk said:
While we know the AFC East is always a tough division, analysts have written it off as a weaker division the last two years. Many have thought the Jets and Bills would be bottom feeders this year, with the Dolphins and Pats having a large margin of wins over them while going head to head for the division.

After week 1 (one week that isn't worth a lot overall), I am wondering if any opinions on this have changed? The Bills actually gave the Pats all they could handle this weekend. The Jets, while playing the lowly Titans, actually did much better than I thought they could.

While the proof of a good team is how they progress over the entire season, it does look like our division teams are tougher than I thought they would be at the start of the season, and sometimes a couple of early losses can really haunt you late. Should be good competition in the division this year with some real tests for the team. Buffalo looked physical, the Jets got more from Pennington than I thought, and the Pats as always, found a way to make it go their way in the end.

Should be an interesting year.....

I agree that with Pennington back, this Div is toguher than expected in one sense. BUT I also think the PAts-Bills game being close was only partially to do with the Bills being better than we thought. It is also a lot to do with the Pats being weaker this year. The Bills were supposed to be GARBAGE this year, but instead they are AVERAGE. I can live with that. The Pats, GREAT last year, are merely GOOD this year. Where the Pats wil become dangerous is if their running game persists AND Brady starts to catch on fire.. but we are already seeing Brady struggle without his usual receivers around him (Branch and Givens gone).

We can win this Division, but we HAVE to go 4-2 or better in our div games to do it.

FinfanInBuffalo said:
I can't decide if the Fins running game is that bad or if the Steelers DL is that good.

The Steelers' defensive line is that good. Last year only one team ran for more than 100 yards on them. Couple that with our mediocre-at-best offensive line, and you get the results we had on Thursday.

Brown made a few holes of his own and fought for every yard possible. He did good.

no this is a two horse race miami and new england this year, the jets and bills will determine who wins it by who they beat

the Jets are a solid 8-8 team but no better, the Bills keep showing why they suck. they had a led on us last year just like they did on NE and they keep fading away and losing

I think the division may actually be LESS competitive than I initially thought. The Pats are clearly not the same team as they were the last few years, and I'm still not sold on Buffalo or New York.

nick1 said:
the Jets are a solid 8-8 team but no better, the Bills keep showing why they suck. they had a led on us last year just like they did on NE and they keep fading away and losing
still don't know football after all these years Nicky. :goof:

volk said:
While we know the AFC East is always a tough division, analysts have written it off as a weaker division the last two years. Many have thought the Jets and Bills would be bottom feeders this year, with the Dolphins and Pats having a large margin of wins over them while going head to head for the division.

After week 1 (one week that isn't worth a lot overall), I am wondering if any opinions on this have changed? The Bills actually gave the Pats all they could handle this weekend. The Jets, while playing the lowly Titans, actually did much better than I thought they could.

While the proof of a good team is how they progress over the entire season, it does look like our division teams are tougher than I thought they would be at the start of the season, and sometimes a couple of early losses can really haunt you late. Should be good competition in the division this year with some real tests for the team. Buffalo looked physical, the Jets got more from Pennington than I thought, and the Pats as always, found a way to make it go their way in the end.

Should be an interesting year.....

Oh come on ! The bills played the pats tough, so what !! The Bills played Alot tougher and beat the Pats 31-0 on opening day in 2003 and the Pats went to 14-2 with a super bowl win , while the Bills didn't even make the playoffs and had a horrible year..

So much for week 1 thoughts.

since when does it matter to "us" what the records are? we are capable of losing to them all on any given day if we don't show up with our "a" game.

Justasportsfan said:
still don't know football after all these years Nicky. :goof:
where have you been this offseason? somewhere in a cave? :lol:

why don't I know football? you gonna tell me that Buffalo has a good team :sidelol:

nick1 said:
where have you been this offseason? somewhere in a cave? :lol:

why don't I know football? you gonna tell me that Buffalo has a good team :sidelol:
it's not whether we are a good team or not. Saying we blew the lead and using last year is stupid. It's a different team now and a different coaching staff. Would you like me to compare your team to last years fins?Think about it but don't hurt yourself in the process.

Justasportsfan said:
it's not whether we are a good team or not. Saying we blew the lead and using last year is stupid. It's a different team now and a different coaching staff. Would you like me to compare your team to last years fins?Think about it but don't hurt yourself in the process.
alright thats true but you can't dispute the fact that buffalo is a lesser team than Miami

Back
Top Bottom