AFC East, more competitive than we thought? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East, more competitive than we thought?

Either the PAts are not as good as people think they are, or we're not as bad as people think we are.

Only time will tell. You can't base anything after 1 game.

BLITZKRIEG said:
I don't think so.....

I think it may actually even be the opposite. All of the teams in our division looked very average this week in my opinion. New England especially looked weak, and almost got bitten by the Bills as a result. Right now, none of the teams in our division look like contenders....

PHINZ RULE!!!

I disagree.....Great teams find a way to win even when they are not playing well. New England got stung early, but was able to pull out a win even when the Bills looked poise for an upset. I wonder if the Phins could have done that?

finmann said:
New England got stung early, but was able to pull out a win even when the Bills looked poise for an upset.
A phone call to the refs.

Justasportsfan said:
A phone call to the refs.
thats not very sportsmanlike. blame the game on the refs. I didn't see that game but like all games there was probably some missed calls but thats football. unless we have robot refs one day games will never be called 100% right

nick1 said:
thats not very sportsmanlike. blame the game on the refs. I didn't see that game but like all games there was probably some missed calls but thats football. unless we have robot refs one day games will never be called 100% right

One word. PATRIOTS.

there's no doubt this is one of the weaker divisons in the NFL. I think yesterday NE showed that they are on the decline. this divison is ripe for the Dolphins to win

I don't think that the Jets will be a playoff team, but I think that they can end up with a record somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8.

Now i think a decent amount of those wins will be within the division, and possible alter the playoff race a little. The AFC East could be fairly tight this season. I see it developing like this.

Dolphins: 11-5
Patriots: 11-5
Jets: 7-9
Bills: 5-11

dwalsh said:
I don't think that the Jets will be a playoff team, but I think that they can end up with a record somewhere between 6-10 and 8-8.

Now i think a decent amount of those wins will be within the division, and possible alter the playoff race a little. The AFC East could be fairly tight this season. I see it developing like this.

Dolphins: 11-5
Patriots: 11-5
Jets: 7-9
Bills: 5-11

IF the Jets finish with 2 more wins than the Bills this year, I'll probably just give up on football all together. This is a digusting homer prediction.

Way way too early to tell anything in the AFC east. I saw the bills/pats game and the Phins/Steelers game but didn't get to see the jets. Of the three teams i did see what was very obvious was they all looked rusty. These players still aren't really in game shape just yet so what we saw this past weekend isn't really a good evaluation

Belichick has stated that you really can't tell what you have till week 5. I'll wait a few more weeks to make any judgements about whos better than who or weather the AFC East is weaker or stronger than originally anticipated.

finmann said:
I disagree.....Great teams find a way to win even when they are not playing well. New England got stung early, but was able to pull out a win even when the Bills looked poise for an upset. I wonder if the Phins could have done that?

What the hell are you talking about ? What do you mean you "wonder" if the Phins could have done that ? The Phins came back from being down 20 to the bills in the 4th quarter and Miami Beat em !

That was a much bigger accomplishment than what the patriots did Sunday, especially considering the refs were in their pocket all game long ...

The first week of the NFL is always all over the place. Huge upsets, teams looking better or worse than expected.

Nothing to get too excited or worried about.

This week is huge seeing that all 4 AFCE teams are playing each other. Out of this weekend will come some things we can debate. If the Jets and Bills go 2-0, people are going to have to start to reconsider how bad they are supposed to be.

BZ

Back
Top Bottom