AFC East Report Card from ESPN | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Report Card from ESPN

ch19079 said:
- The Dolphins will be better
- But it's going to take time for Saban to transform the Dolphins'
- And without a long-term answer at QB, it'll probably be a few years before the Dolphins are competing for championships

so basically hes saying:
- the fins will be improved, but wont be a contender this comming season.
- saban wont be GREAT his first season
- Feeley is not the answer at QB and Gus is not a real solution eather.

where have i heard that before???
thats what ive been saying, but it wasnt called a fair and unbiased opinion. :banana:

To be fair, I think I have made note of you being a one of the few objective, inteligent Bills fans.

I dont think anybody really knows if Feeley is the answer or not? He did show much improvement the last three games, but is it going to carry over into this traing camp on. People would have to admit when he had time to set and throw he looked pretty good (my opinion).

FINs4LIFE said:
I dont think anybody really knows if Feeley is the answer or not? He did show much improvement the last three games, but is it going to carry over into this traing camp on. People would have to admit when he had time to set and throw he looked pretty good (my opinion).

I couldn't agree more. Feeley has shown, both in entire games in Philly and in brief glimmers last year in Miami, that given time in the pocket, he can make intelligent decisions and deliver the ball accurately. I think the addition of Hudson 'Hawk' is going to pay enormous dividends this year. IMO,Tony Wise was one of the worst personell decisions made by Dave W. in his reign here. Give a Feeley a year to show what he can do, althoug I sincerely hope Saban doesn't entertain the idea of Frerotte starting unless Feeley doesn't shed some of that 'deer in the headlights' syndrome.

CanePhin22 said:
I couldn't agree more. Feeley has shown, both in entire games in Philly and in brief glimmers last year in Miami, that given time in the pocket, he can make intelligent decisions and deliver the ball accurately. I think the addition of Hudson 'Hawk' is going to pay enormous dividends this year. IMO,Tony Wise was one of the worst personell decisions made by Dave W. in his reign here. Give a Feeley a year to show what he can do, althoug I sincerely hope Saban doesn't entertain the idea of Frerotte starting unless Feeley doesn't shed some of that 'deer in the headlights' syndrome.

I don't know about Feeley. There was a pretty huge tease against Buffalo. They were the one team to sit back and not blitz like mad in the first quarter and he tore them up. Then they realized they better blitz and Feeley fell apart. So it really does make me wonder what will happen when the OL gets solid enough to where teams can't all out blitz all the time.

Good read, nice to see ESPN not throwing us under the bus, like they usually do. I agree with what the article says, we will be improved this year, but we aren`t going to be a serious threat for a year awhile. I`d take 8-8 this year, and look to improve on that in `06 and beyond.

MarksBrothers85 said:
That pretty much sums up what everyone on this board has been saying over the past few months. We'll be better, as in "8-8" better, not quite a playoff team yet. Wait for 2006 for that, we'll be there!
Yeah, it was a nice article and nice of Michael Smith to put his opinion down, but I think it pretty much matched what many, MANY of us in here have been saying. We're a player or 3 away from being what Nick Saban wants this team to be. We're maybe another 2 drafts and Free Agency periods away from going where he wants and being able to consistenly compete for an AFC East and AFC Conference crown on a year to year basis, but, don't look for us to be that same 4-12 team as last year either. I think many of us have said it, better coaching alone would have made us a better team last year, as was proven when Wanny left.. So, than you ESPN, and thank you Mister Smith, but, that was NOT breaking news. Nice to read nevertheless!

His knowledge and creativity are on par with Belichick's, and, like his former Cleveland colleague, he'll make the difference in several Dolphins games.

Cant wait for the season to start already!

Pretty fair at this point of the season, not knowing anything about the teams in pads with the additions.

ch19079 said:
- The Dolphins will be better
- But it's going to take time for Saban to transform the Dolphins'
- And without a long-term answer at QB, it'll probably be a few years before the Dolphins are competing for championships

so basically hes saying:
- the fins will be improved, but wont be a contender this comming season.
- saban wont be GREAT his first season
- Feeley is not the answer at QB and Gus is not a real solution eather.

where have i heard that before???
thats what ive been saying, but it wasnt called a fair and unbiased opinion. :banana:

I said the same thing as well and was called a Feeley hater. Some people see anything that isn't completely positive as a bash.

NathanHunt said:
Yes, but the media was slow to FINALLY acknowledge the Patriots. They never picked NE to "win it all" in the past 4 years and it has bitten them 3 times. So, now the Pats are the media darlings.

Time for someone else to fly under the radar. I see a dorsal fin in the distance......

Are you kiddin? Us under the radar? That's jumping the gun man. Let's hope for a quality season.

Back
Top Bottom