AFC East Strength | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC East Strength

rdhstlr23

Go Fins!
Reaction score
If you'd have asked most analysts prior to the season and after the 1st half of the season about the AFC East, most NFL pundits would've considered our Division one of the worst in the NFL. However, can that be said anymore? With NE leading at 8-3 and our last place team Miami at 5-6, our division is pretty formidable. From top to bottom, we have teams who have had big wins against other top-level teams in the NFL. I don't think many coaches want to play at team in the AFC East right now. I can't see many other divisions being tougher top to bottom than ours. Only the AFC West and maybe the NFC East or AFC North are better. I personally (being biased of course) think our division is tougher than the AFC North, and maybe even tougher than the NFC East (even with a healthy McNabb). It's a testament to the quality of coaches in the AFC East right now, it really is. Of course it's nothing like the old days (meaning late 90s, early 00s), but I think it's on it's way back up again.

I can't disagree with that Green. I think the NFC West has become much tougher however with the emergence of teams like St. Louis and San Francisco. I know they are both only 5-6, but both have a chance at making the playoffs.

NFC and AFC South are tougher than the AFC East.

Only 2 teams in the AFC East are above .500

I was going to make a thread on this 2 days ago but i didn't get the chance. The AFC East is definately on it's way back up to being one of the toughest in football. It's going to be a pleasure watching the teams in the division play each other for the next couple of years.

Gardenhead said:
NFC and AFC South are tougher than the AFC East.

Only 2 teams in the AFC East are above .500
Well, only 2 teams in the AFC and NFC south are over .500 as well.:rolleyes:

Not to mention those divisions have Tampa and Houston.

GoBills24 said:
AFC West is the toughest division.

Maybe, but all the teams in the East are playing well right now. I don't think anybody would want to play any of them.

muscle979 said:
Maybe, but all the teams in the East are playing well right now. I don't think anybody would want to play any of them.

But 3/4 AFC West teams all have a great chance for the playoffs.

Yes, all the AFC East teams are hot, but AFC West teams are more consistent, IMO.

GoBills24 said:
But 3/4 AFC West teams all have a great chance for the playoffs.

Yes, all the AFC East teams are hot, but AFC West teams are more consistent, IMO.

Probably. The East could be scary next season though. That is if Daunte doesn't come in and kill our season again.

muscle979 said:
Probably. The East could be scary next season though. That is if Daunte doesn't come in and kill our season again.

The East WILL be scary next year.

As you said, all the teams are playing top notch football right now.

If that carries into next season, we could see a revival of the classic AFCE matchups.

:cooldude:

GoBills24 said:
The East WILL be scary next year.

As you said, all the teams are playing top notch football right now.

If that carries into next season, we could see a revival of the classic AFCE matchups.

:cooldude:

That would be great. Remember the days when Miami-Buffalo mattered? The result often didn't go my way but it was some great football to watch.

muscle979 said:
That would be great. Remember the days when Miami-Buffalo mattered? The result often didn't go my way but it was some great football to watch.

Sure do.

The Levy vs. Shula, Kelly Vs. Marino, Webb vs. Smith were classic, to say the absolute least.

Late 90's had some good battles as well, particularly in '98, '99, '00...

Those games were often for who gets the division title.

GoBills24 said:
Sure do.

The Levy vs. Shula, Kelly Vs. Marino, Webb vs. Smith were classic, to say the absolute least.

Late 90's had some good battles as well, particularly in '98, '99, '00...

Those games were often for who gets the division title.

Those were classic....

Back
Top Bottom