AFC Extremely Pedestrian After Week 1 | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Extremely Pedestrian After Week 1

Careful about translating week 1 performance into season long trajectories. Teams no longer use pre-season to prepare bc of injury risk. So teams come out without any timing rhythm or pace...qbs are rusty looking bc of feel for timing and pocket presence.
Miami is very good though because Gase is a real Coach - I love that guy!

I expect the Dolphins to look rusty as hell to start the game. That would've been the case even with Tannehill being at QB. Whether it makes a difference or not, one saving grace could be the awful stadium the game will take place in. 26-27k, really? As others have alluded to, Miami fans travel well in L.A. It will be interesting.

I saw 6 games this weekend including the games of 2 of our next 3 opponents and the most impressive were Kansas City and Oakland specifically Oaklands defense which got a loaded and I mean loaded offensive skill position Tennessee team behind the sticks. Which is what you have to do to limit that offense. Boy are they loaded talent wise at the skill positions on o.

Oaklands defense plays like that with that oline and marshawn setting a tone and finishing games watch out.

You can never make snap judgments from week one games, week one is always nuts.

That said, Kansas City will be a very dangerous football team if Andy Reid actually dials up some deep shots. Alex Smith is not unable to throw it deep, he's just never asked to. Go back and watch him when he was on the 49ers under Harbaugh before he got hurt, he can definitely make nice downfield throws. Saw it on Thursday night.

Another thing about playing vs San Diego away- first year in their new stadium- what kind of fan base do they even have there? How pumped will the team be running into a stadium in a new city? Have to wonder about that emotional edge playing a team in their home opener, when the home opener is foreign to them as well.

1.dolphins will need win 10 games to make playoff.
2. afc playoff, Pats, Pit, oak, kc, titans,
3. the last spot.... Den, Bal or Mia
4. This might be Pats last yr winning afc east..
5. This Sunday will let me know more about dolphins????

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom