AFC Notes: Offseason Winners & Losers (merged) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC Notes: Offseason Winners & Losers (merged)

Bobby Shaw will be fine as a THIRD WR. I wouldn't want him as the 2nd guy. But as a third he'll do what Reed did last year and get 400-500 yards. Josh Reed will put up 75 catches for 1000 yards or so opposite Moulds. Did we really need to spend 6 MILLION A YEAR ON a 2nd WR for an extra 200 yards? Tom Donahoe's assessment was NO WAY! The fact is that we couldn't afford to pay a 2nd WR 6 million a year with that much already invested in Moulds. In the age of the salary cap, you have to draft cheap talented replacements. That's why getting Josh Reed was such a great move in the draft.

Conversely we can afford Travis Henry and McGahee at the same time. Henry is making peanuts and McGahee was picked 23rd, not top 5.

Originally posted by baalworship
Josh Reed will put up 75 catches for 1000 yards or so opposite Moulds.

Really?

I have some doubts about those projections.

Last year Reed started out like a house on fire with 11 catches for 143 yards and 1 td in his first two games...

....and then he disappeared

For the rest of the season he averaged 1.8 catch per game for 26 yards and failed to reach the end zone after week three despite playing in every game.

This WR is far from a proven commodity

It's hard to make an argument about a player who wasn't starting. How can you say tailed off? From a game where he was used a lot in Minny? If he STARTED last year you could make arguments about how well he did in the beginning vs. the end. But a third WR is like a 2nd TE, who knows when they're going to be in the game?

Josh Reed has all the tools you need to play WR. Great hands, runs great routes, gets separation, and has nice moves to get YAC. Also is very smart and crafty. A natural. With Moulds and Henry drawing away attention 75 catches for 1000 yards is quite realistic. If he gets what Chambers got last year, I will call his 2003 year a disappointment. Considering Reed did 1740 yards in his last year with LSU in the SEC, I am quite confident he can get 1000 yards with the Bills as a #2.

He was Gilbride's pet last year.... lol Seriously, KG loves this kid!

One reason I am very confident in him is that he had a better training camp and pre-season than Price did.... this tells me he has the talent and tools to succeed!

love all these post about what was done in the offseason this, off season that, washington jets blah blah blah, skins are making the same mistake they made last year trying to buy a team, just like the finz girls, oh we bought old man seau , oh we bought a drunk to throw the ball, instead of making plays on the field, except for that one time you all were down a zillion points in the 4th quarter to beat us.....oh my bad that was us, making plays in cold weather ya should try it.

Originally posted by zachseau13

Really?

I have some doubts about those projections.

Last year Reed started out like a house on fire with 11 catches for 143 yards and 1 td in his first two games...

....and then he disappeared

For the rest of the season he averaged 1.8 catch per game for 26 yards and failed to reach the end zone after week three despite playing in every game.

This WR is far from a proven commodity

Let's see, 143 yds + 26 yds amkes a total of 169 yards for the season.

ZachSally have you been pulling your nos. out of your A$$ again or have your been reading ESPN.

He had a total of over 500 yards receiving for the season. Check your sources will ya! You haven't been watching bills games like we have so don't act like you know the bills in and out :D

Originally posted by justafan

Let's see, 143 yds + 26 yds amkes a total of 169 yards for the season.

ZachSally have you been pulling your nos. out of your A$$ again or have your been reading ESPN.

He had a total of over 500 yards receiving for the season. Check your sources will ya! You haven't been watching bills games like we have so don't act like you know the bills in and out :D

This is even dumber than your last post.

This is what I said

"For the rest of the season he averaged 1.8 catch per game for 26 yards"

The key words being "per game" and "averaged"

To an educated person that would mean that for weeks 3-16 he averaged 1.8 catches for 26 yards per game.

This would equate to - 14*26 = 364

If you add that to his 1st two game total you will find yourself with over 500 yards for the season.

:goof: :goof:

You can't be that dumb, please tell me you are not that dumb.:eek:

Originally posted by zachseau13

This is even dumber than your last post.

This is what I said

"For the rest of the season he averaged 1.8 catch per game for 26 yards"

The key words being "per game" and "averaged"

To an educated person that would mean that for weeks 3-16 he averaged 1.8 catches for 26 yards per game.

This would equate to - 14*26 = 364

If you add that to his 1st two game total you will find yourself with over 500 yards for the season.

:goof: :goof:

You can't be that dumb, please tell me you are not that dumb.:eek:

Apparently you can't tell when you are beinng played. :lol:

Sucka!

Yahoo! Offseason Winners and Losers

It lists Miami under winners, but look at what it says...

"10. Miami Dolphins: The Dolphins were quasi-winners during the offseason. Certainly, the free agent trade of Ray Lucas for Brian Griese improved and insured the offense. That said, they did nothing to upgrade an average offensive line, Chris Chambers continues to battle injuries, and they still lack a No. 2 receiver."

No mention of Seau or Knight. And since when has Chambers been battling injuries?? Did I miss something?

Looks like the rest of the world still needs proof that the Dolphins are for real....

EDIT: Heres the link

Article

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha, I just noticed. The Bills and Jets (according to these people) had the 2 worst offseasons in the AFC.

:goof: :goof: :goof:

Originally posted by Big Will
Haha, I just noticed. The Bills and Jets (according to these people) had the 2 worst offseasons in the AFC.

:goof: :goof: :goof:

yeah, shows what they know...if its on yahoo it must be right!:lol:

Yo Wittle Willy, that's old news and soon to be moved to smack.

Back
Top Bottom