Afc Qb Rating | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Afc Qb Rating

Well you said it in a nutshell there Marion31. You think Wanny and Spielman are geniuses and that Brock Marion is the best free safety in the NFL. Hahahaha!! That's the funniest thing I've ever heard. It shows your intelligence or should I say....a lack thereof.

I'm thinking that Scrap "I hate everyone and everything and just want to argue for the sake of arguing" Iron should join dolphinhater13 in the Black Hole. Obviously, he has nothing interesting to say since he just continues to regurgitate the same tired post over and over again. Go home now scrappy, go home.

For the friggin last time, Jay is not 2-8 vs playoff teams, he beat the Ravens and Colts in 2000, and he beat the Raiders and Patriots last season. Oh, and lets not resort to personal attacks Scrap Iron, that shows a lack of maturity. Oh, and I personally think Brock is the best FS in the game, but thats my opinion. I dunno what reason you have to start bashing for that, but whatever you want to do I guess.

Hey Scrap Iron, tell me, what was Dan Marino's playoff record?

Oooooh it seems like I have ruffled some feathers here!! What's the matter, can't you people face the truth about your own team?? Oh that's right, you'd rather live in a fantasy world where you think we have the best QB in the entire league and think we're automatic locks to win the Superbowl this year. Jay Fiedler will be THE reason that this Dolphins team doesn't get to the Superbowl. Engrave that comment in stone as I will be here when he fails again to say I told you so.

We never say he is the best QB. Most of us say he is above average, which he is. You have to understand what he did with what little we had. WE WERE #8 IN THE LEAGUE IN POINTS SCORED! We had no running game. Jay moved us down the field. He got us those points! Jay Fiedler is a good Quarterback. You just look at all the bad things and ignore the good. All the Fielder supporters know the things that Jay is not good at, we will admit that. He cut down on his turnovers, and played better, smarter football in the 2nd half of the season. Norv Turner even said that at about 30 games, QBs seem to get the speed of the game down. It took Jay about 25. That's above average. He is above average.

Hell, we were #11 in the league in points allowed, so in some ways, our offense was ahead of our defense. Jay carried our offense. He is not a world beater, he is nowhere close to Brett Favre or Dan Marino. What he is, is Jay Fiedler, a smart, accurate quarterback with a lot of heart and the will to comeback on a team, even with a ****ty O coordinator, a lackluster O-line, and a Runningback who should not have been starting.

Watch Jay tear it up this year. Give me one good reason why he won't do better this year. He is above average. He will breakout this season.

WhooooHooo, You tell 'em Scrappydoo, Them Jay lovers are going to bow down to you infanit wisdom one of these days... you bet your bottom dollar they will.........But explain to me one thing..........Who is, in YOUR opinon, the answer. Which free agent that was out there or still is would do a better job than Jay????
Oh, and one more thingWhat NFL team do you work for? With all your FB knowledge you surely work for some franchise. I mean these guys give THIER opinon, and admit that it is an opinon but you bash them as if YOURS is fact.

Originally posted by Scrap Iron
For your information, I'd take Tom Brady over Jay Fiedler anyday. And by the way, Jays record vs. playoff teams is 2-8. In other words Jay is not a big game QB. Accept the truth Fiedler lovers. After this season you'll all be saying "Geez I wish we had a better QB, if we did we may have made it to the Superbowl".

SCRAP, go back and read my post again. I said PLAYOFF RECORD. Meaning PLAYOFFS ONLY! I'm not a "Fiedler lover" as you put it, but I am a Fiedler supporter because he is our starting QB and he has been winning games although some wins were ugly, he still found a way to win. You wanna talk about Tom Brady, you judge him after a full season when teams have a chance to evaluate him, than come back and talk to me. I bet you won't be singing the same song about Brady then.

Fiedler did not lose that playoff game last year. We could not run the ball and we could not stop the ball. It's that simple!

There is a difference between average and good. Jay Fiedler is an average QB, he is not good and he is not bad, he is average or mediocre. You Fiedler-lovers will be eating all your words at the end of this season when Jay screws up again to cost us a loss in the playoffs. Then what will you be saying??? I suppose you'll say, "well it wasn't Jays fault" and "Jay will be better in 2003". You people just don't get it. Wait until you hear the boos raining down on Jay this year as Pro Player Stadium erupts in a loud series of boos that rattles Jays ears.

Wait until you hear the cheers raining down on Jay this year as Pro Player Stadium erupts in a loud series of cheers that rattles Jays ears.

As much as Scrap Iron is annoying me right now, he is right about one thing. I fully expect Jay to be booed again this season. It really bugs me, especially since I can't do anything about it over here in the desert. What we need is a guy like that stupid Fireman guy in NY. You know, someone who leads cheers and annoys the hell out of the other team at the same time.

Originally posted by Scrap Iron
There is a difference between average and good. Jay Fiedler is an average QB, he is not good and he is not bad, he is average or mediocre. You Fiedler-lovers will be eating all your words at the end of this season when Jay screws up again to cost us a loss in the playoffs. Then what will you be saying??? I suppose you'll say, "well it wasn't Jays fault" and "Jay will be better in 2003". You people just don't get it. Wait until you hear the boos raining down on Jay this year as Pro Player Stadium erupts in a loud series of boos that rattles Jays ears.

SCRAP...... Look man, I'm gonna try and break this down for you one last time and then I'm done with it. FIEDLER DID NOT LOSE THE PLAYOFF GAME FOR US!

We could not run the ball - (Lamar Smith 6 attempts for 6 yards...Miami had 46 total yards rushing)

We could not stop the run - (Terry Allen 25 attempts for 109 yards and 1 TD, Jason Brookins 10 attempts for 65 yards....Baltimore had 226 total yards rushing. They converted 10 of 16 third downs. THEY SCORED ON TOUCHDOWN MARCHES OF 90 AND 99 YARDS)

Fiedler stats was 15 for 28 1 Int (which was not his fault because he hit McKnight in stride for a 40 yd TD strike but McKnight let the ball hit him in the helmet and was intercepted) plus he was sacked 3 times.

Now if you put that in comparision to your TOM BRADY when he won the Super Bowl, his stats were: 16 for 27 145 yds and a TD.
Not much of a difference there, is it? If it wasn't for McKnight's blunder, Fiedlers stats would've been better than your Tom Brady's stats. But would Fiedler won the Super Bowl with those stats....HELL NO, because our defense did not come to play that day and our offensive line could not provide a running game.

Brady won the Super Bowl because the Patriots could run the ball (Patriots rushed for 133 total yards on 25 attempts)

And they held the Rams to mediocre rushing yards (Rams had 90 total yards rushing on 22 attempts).

Even the Ram's Kurt Warner couldn't save the day with his 375 yards passing.

You could've put Brett Favre on the Fins that day and it still wouldn't be good enough because the Fins gave up 226 TOTAL YARDS RUSHING AND TWO TOUCHDOWN DRIVES OF 90 AND 99 YARDS are too much to overcome.

In Conclusion, you can have the best QB in the universe on your team, that QB will not win a Super Bowl if he doesn't have a well balanced attack and defense behind him to show up for game time. (PRIME EXAMPLE....DAN MARINO).

Now try to prove me wrong with REAL FACTS that Fiedler blew the playoff game.....GOOD LUCK! :evil:

Back
Top Bottom