AFC unsung heroes: Jarvis Landry, Justin Simmons deserve love | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFC unsung heroes: Jarvis Landry, Justin Simmons deserve love

Fin Fan in Cali

Fins Up!
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

MIAMI DOLPHINS: DeVante Parker, wide receiver. All right, this is weird. Because we have waited years for the huge Parker breakout season and never thought it would happen. Even when he started putting together great games this season, we kept waiting for the other shoe to drop. But it never happened. And I can't believe I'm going to write this, but I'm heading into next year expecting big things from Parker, who finished this season with 72 receptions for 1,202 yards and nine touchdowns.

I still have major doubts about Parker. That's exactly why I wouldn't mind Miami dipping into the loaded wide receiver pool available in this draft.

I think Parker's a perfect example of a player breaking through partly due to a coaching staff change. The talent was always there. Staying healthy was an issue as well. But we saw Parker running better routes as well and not just producing on those 50/50 jumpers.

Disappointed that DVP was passed on for the pro bowl alternates for DJ Clark and Courtland Sutton. I don’t think they had better seasons.

I know the pro bowl is a joke for many but I have buds in the league that would love to be playing in that game.

I still have major doubts about Parker. That's exactly why I wouldn't mind Miami dipping into the loaded wide receiver pool available in this draft.

Your QB, OL, DL, RB and secondary situations are why you should mind.

Taking a WR in the first two rounds this year is just irresponsible.

Not sure I would say irresponsible … given the current roster I see your point but we could...

Pick up 2 OL in FA
Pick up DL in FA
Package a trade that includes Grant or Wilson or both

There seems to be some talent in the WR group this draft and who who wouldn't want the next Julio Jones or AJ Green on a rookie deal to compliment Parker

Too early to tell but I wouldn't put it past our current FO and coach to keep churning and manuvering

Parker’s breakout shows how mediocre Tannehill was...

parker benefitted from Fitzpatrick throwing 50/50balls to him...

There sure are a lot of former fins on that list

Disappointed that DVP was passed on for the pro bowl alternates for DJ Clark and Courtland Sutton. I don’t think they had better seasons.

I know the pro bowl is a joke for many but I have buds in the league that would love to be playing in that game.

They actually play a game?

They would be better off sticking to playing something like dodgeball. More contact and collisions.

The Pro Bowl is a paid vacation, nothing more nothing less.

Parker’s breakout shows how mediocre Tannehill was...

parker benefitted from Fitzpatrick throwing 50/50balls to him...
He did benifit from the 50/50s, but there was more to it than that.

He made some big 1st down catches on slants, etc by running good routes, and shielding the defender.

Some of it was being healthy for a change, but a lot was coaching. Once he got going, his confidence shot through the roof, as well.

Your QB, OL, DL, RB and secondary situations are why you should mind.

Bull. Not taking special talent regardless of position is irresponsible. Especially if the plan is to build your offense with a new young QB. It is smart to surround him with as much talent as possible. Parker has basically had one good season and has an injury history. Banking on Parker is irresponsible.

Back
Top Bottom