AFCE Coaches. | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AFCE Coaches.

dolfreak said:
Anytime you MAKE the playoffs your an ELITE team, not MEDIOCRE. Where do you get your thought process from???

if that was true, all those NFC teams that made the playoffs are elite.

thats not true.

elite is the wrong term to use. the only elite team in teh NFL for the past few years is the patriots. i woudl say teh eagles are a great team, but not elite. and winning 9 or 10 games to make the playoffs only to get bounced out in the 1st round does not make you "elite", it makes you better than all the teams who didnt make the playoffs.

its better to call it, average, above average, and great.

the jets were above average, the pats were great. :fire:
the bills were average :(

dolfreak said:
the STEELERS lost 1 game in the regular season, is that not elite????
they did play the Pats for the AFC tittle , hence my final 4 comment.

Regualr season is a different ballgame from the playoffs. That's why Wanny is gone. That's why Wade Philipps was dropped after having 2 playoff appearances.

Ok if your argument is true than CLASSIFY the "Mediocre" RAVENS Super Bowl TEAM. They were 10-6 right????

the bills beat the Rams and and Seahawks last and we would've beaten them again. They made playoffs , we didn't because they were in a weak division . Were they elite teams? The fins beat the Pats, does that make the fins an elite team? This is why regular season means nothing. Wild card and 1st rd playoffs is where the pretenders get exposed. Elite teams do not fold the bigger the games get.

dolfreak said:
Ok if your argument is true than CLASSIFY the "Mediocre" RAVENS Super Bowl TEAM. They were 10-6 right????
they were mediocre? How is a sb champ mediocre? Their O was mediocre but as a whole team, they were great. Their D made up for their O.

IMO, the regular season means nothing in defining an elite team. If you get to the playoffs and lay eggs each year (see Wanny), then you are NOT an elite team. In contrast, the Bills went to 4 consecutive superbowls, but lost each one. Even with the defeats, I would consider those teams in the elite group of the NFL (at the time). The regular season is the warm up for the elite teams. The time to work out the kinks (see patriots last few years). The playoffs are what separate the elite from the mediocre. Just my opinion.

what about the 2000 Mediocre St. Louis Rams (10-6) , no they were not elite right??? Greatest show on turf is mediocre. Yor not going to win this argument, just stick with your Bills.

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls!!!

dolfreak said:
what about the 2000 Mediocre St. Louis Rams (10-6) , no they were not elite right??? Greatest show on turf is mediocre. Yor not going to win this argument, just stick with your Bills.

Boy I Love Losing Superbowls!!!

:mrt:

Justasportsfan said:
For agruments sake and lack of any interesting reports, there could be one hell of a chess match in this division.

Bellichick- no one gets his team as well prepared as he does. The Pats IMO was one of the best teams when it came to gameplanning. How much of his success should be credited to Crennel and Weiss . This guy doesn't show any emotion even after a win. He's all business.

Herm Edwards- Great motivator but the Jets have been mediocre for the longest time. I do believe that their team is poised to challenge the Patriots this year if Chad can stay healthy. Their D is getting better by adding an aggressive DC.

Saban- great and proven DC. Assembled what seems to be a good coaching staff. I have no doubt in my mind that like BB, he will get his team ready on Sundays. Nazzi? So is BB and Parcells. All business. I would love to see who outsmarts who when the fins play the Pats next year.

Mularkey- just like Saban, the jury is still out. Despite Drew, he still had a decent 1st year. He couldn't run the offense he wanted w/ a qb who was less mobile than the statue of Liberty. He's been very successful as an OC w/ mediocre qb's like Maddox and Slash when he was in Pitts.

Not only do AFCE teams play harder w/ in the division, it got even harder with all the brains thrusts behind the teams. It isn't about just talent anymore. It's is now a chess game and whoever can put his pieces in strategic positions should win. I have no doubt that Saban will be up there.

I expect this to turn into smack at some point but let's try to keep it on the minimum (wishful thnking).

Edwards is ridiculously overrated as a coach. No one, and I mean NO ONE does a worse job of clock management, not even Denny Green. I also think that his way of motivating and challenging his players is starting to wear thin, and he'll flame out within the next couple years, the same way Jim Fassel did.

Belichick, obviously, is an excellent coach.

And I agree that it's way too soon to make a determination how good Mularkey and Saban are. Mularkey looked about as bright as a lobotomy outpatient for the first four games of last year, but did a phenomenal job after that...right up until the Pittsburgh game, when I think he let his players believe their own hype too much and didn't get them up enough for the biggest game of the year. I think, by and large, he knows what he's doing.

I have a lot of confidence in Saban, but again, we can't say anything for sure until we see how his team performs on the field. I do think that within 5 years, Saban will be regarded as on par with Belichick, Mularkey will be doing a solid job in Buffalo, and Edwards will be parading around Times Square with a sign that says, "Will Coach For Food".

dolfreak said:
Anytime you MAKE the playoffs your an ELITE team, not MEDIOCRE. Where do you get your thought process from???

So Minny is an elite team??? I don't think so. Maybe the O but the D was worse then a heaping pile of donkey doo doo!! Yet they were one win away from the NFC championship game. They ended the season with like 7 loses and finished 8-8 and thats elite???? This is exactly the reason why the Eagles make the NFC title game every year because come playoff time that conference is so bad that you have 8-8 teams fighting for a chnce to make the SB.

Good souls guys grow up, The man makes a great 1st post about the coaching in the AFCE andf you guys get hung up on weather or not a team is elite if they make the playoffs :shakeno: Gollyday some of you just need to chill and not take it so darn personal. Opinons are like buttholes people, EVERYONE has one.

And as for the original post, this should be a very exciting year in the elite :wink: AFCE.

dolfreak said:
The Chargers had an Elite team last year and so did the Steelers, what did they do in the playoffs??? NOTHING.

Normally I would say that reaching the AFC title game is a great accomplishment, but for the Steelers, it's become par for the course, along with losing the game at home, usually to the eventual Super Bowl champ.

I agree the coaching in this division is top notch.

I think what Justa was getting at with the Jets is not necessarily meaning 'mediocre', but just underachieving. They seem to have a lot more talent then they always show. Look at last years game vs. Pitt... Yes the kicker should have made the kick, but Edwards was a fool for running up the middle three straight times. It was kind of funny that they won the week before against SD bc Schotty went conservative at the end and then they lose the same way the next week. Anyway, what I was trying to get at is the Jets should have won that game vs. Pitt soundly. They outplayed them the whole game just never seemed to put them away. Or in previous years they seem to fall apart towards the end of the season (just like the fins did under Wanny)

no i mean immulate....I think.LOL

Justasportsfan said:
For agruments sake and lack of any interesting reports, there could be one hell of a chess match in this division.

Bellichick- no one gets his team as well prepared as he does. The Pats IMO was one of the best teams when it came to gameplanning. How much of his success should be credited to Crennel and Weiss . This guy doesn't show any emotion even after a win. He's all business.

Herm Edwards- Great motivator but the Jets have been mediocre for the longest time. I do believe that their team is poised to challenge the Patriots this year if Chad can stay healthy. Their D is getting better by adding an aggressive DC.

Saban- great and proven DC. Assembled what seems to be a good coaching staff. I have no doubt in my mind that like BB, he will get his team ready on Sundays. Nazzi? So is BB and Parcells. All business. I would love to see who outsmarts who when the fins play the Pats next year.

Mularkey- just like Saban, the jury is still out. Despite Drew, he still had a decent 1st year. He couldn't run the offense he wanted w/ a qb who was less mobile than the statue of Liberty. He's been very successful as an OC w/ mediocre qb's like Maddox and Slash when he was in Pitts.

Not only do AFCE teams play harder w/ in the division, it got even harder with all the brains thrusts behind the teams. It isn't about just talent anymore. It's is now a chess game and whoever can put his pieces in strategic positions should win. I have no doubt that Saban will be up there.

I expect this to turn into smack at some point but let's try to keep it on the minimum (wishful thnking).
Good post, Justa. Great points, I agree with everything you said. Do you feel though... that with the loss of Charlie Weis and Romeo Crennell (and loss of FA's) that Bill Belichick is still capable (or likely) of coaching the Pats to another Division title? Obviously the Pats are the team to beat... I'm just hoping maybe finally this is the year it all falls apart for them.

Oh and good foreshadowing about the post turning into smack.

Back
Top Bottom