After releasing Booker what WR will we draft? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After releasing Booker what WR will we draft?

Keenan Burton of Kentucky and Adrian Arrington of Michigan r two guys u should keep your eye on...maybe 3rd rounder for Burton and maybe 4th to 5th rd for Arrington

james Hardy will be the best WR to come out of this draft i guarantee it.. ive watched his clips.. hes big physical and not to slow and is good at using his hands

I think we are going to grab a reciever or two in free agency and draft one in a late round of the draft. Typically recievers take 2-3 years to actually make an impact for a team and we have many needs right now. We will probably use our early picks on O-line and D-line because it is proven that they can have an immediate impact and both of those are positions that we need help at right away.

if you havent figured out by now... i am a big Jordy Nelson, later round pick-up fan!!!!

Marcus Monk

I think getting Marcus Monk sometime on day 2 would be a great pickup as a possession WR. Before his ACL injury at the beginning of his senior year he was considered to be a solid 2-3rd round pick. I watched him at Arkansas throughout his career and he was the #1 target all 4 years of his college career. Of course AR didn't have much of a passing game, but he looked good against the top DB's that the SEC produced for the past 4 years.

the uber-Welker, Jordy Nelson

I watched some film of him and here is my evaluation. He has amazing hands and can run decent routes. The problem is that he is not nearly as shifty as Wes Welker (who is anyway?), but he also doesn't have good speed. His lack of speed will hurt his draft stock pretty bad. With that being said he could probably survive in the NFL as a 3rd or 4th WR.

Please I don't need anyone reminding me about how Jerry Rice ran a 4.65 and Boldin was slow, as well. I know all of this already.

Adarius Bowman. Get ready.

bowman_picture__class_notes-1.jpg

I think that if we dont get a WR in FA then we should draft Harry Douglas

Urrutia > Douglas

IMO

Keenan Burton of Kentucky and Adrian Arrington of Michigan r two guys u should keep your eye on...maybe 3rd rounder for Burton and maybe 4th to 5th rd for Arrington

Arrington would be great. But he has "off-the-field" issues. If Parcells and Ireland stay true to their "good character" rule then we won't draft Arrington. Unfortunately or not unfortunately depending on how you look at it.

The guy we should draft is Lavelle Hawkins from California in the 3rd round. He's just a shade under 6 feet. Almost 190 pounds. And he runs in the 4.4 range. Not super big, but not small either. And he's fast. Plus he's a playmaker. Overshadowed by DeSean Jackson in college. On any other team, Hawkins would be the man. But I suspect Parcells and Ireland are looking for a bigger WR, so we probably won't draft Hawkins. Unfortunately.

Last year, the guy I really thought we should have taken was James Jones, but I knew Mueller would pass because Jones isn't a speedster. That doesn't seem to be hurting him at Green Bay, though.

The most likely candidate to replace Booker is Jason Rivers from Hawaii in the 6th round.

Other candidates:

ROUND 2 - Earley Doucet from LSU 6-0 211 4.54
ROUND 2 - Limas Sweed from Texas 6-4 212 4.58
ROUND 2 - Devin Thomas from Michigan St 6-2 215 4.50

ROUND 3 - Earl Bennett from Vanderbilt 6-1 205 4.52
ROUND 4 - D.J. Hall from Alabama 6-2 190 4.49
ROUND 4 - Adarius Bowman from Oklahoma St 6-3 220 4.53
ROUND 4 - Jordy Nelson from Kansas St 6-3 215 4.57

ROUND 6 - Darius Reynaud from WVU 5-10 205 4.47
ROUND 7 - Marcus Smith from New Mexico 6-1 214 4.52
ROUND 7 - Marcus Monk from Arkansas 6-6 218 4.59
ROUND 7 - Steve Johnson from Kentucky 6-2 200 4.49
ROUND 7 - Mario Urrutia from Louisville 6-6 225 4.64
ROUND 7 - Justin Harper from Virginia Tech 6-4 198 4.43

I'm hoping Harper goes undrafted actually. Then we could pick him up as an UDFA.

I'm in favor of James Hardy, I wish Darrius Hayward-Bay (6'2, 207 lbs) from Maryland was coming out...ive watched him play, great player

If Rogers-Cromartie is still around at the #32 spot I would take him over any receiver, if not, I think we should go after WR James Hardy, or TE, Fred Davis, of USC.

I posted this in another thread,but it has soem relavance here. When Dan Henning was in Carolina his offenses favored the WR's over TE's and backs. I won't go into all the numbers but just look at this:

2002:Muhsin Muhammed 63rec, 823yds 3TD's
Steve Smith 54rec, 872yds 3TD's
Kris Mangum 16rec, 159yds 0TD's (TE, Jermaine Wiggins had 8 rec)

2003:Muhsin Muhammed 54rec, 837yds 3TD's
Steve Smith 88rec, 1110yds 7TD's
Kris Mangum 17rec, 199yds 0TD's (Wiggins 8 rec)

2004 Steve Smith gets hurt, Muhammed gets 16 TD's and Colbert steps up. Mangum records the high for TE receptions that year with 34, the same number David Martin had last year.

2005 Smith blows up Proehl plays well. Mangum retreats to 23 rec.

Also Henning had a tall receiver in Muhammed 6'2" 215lbs. And I believe he had Keyshawn in NY when was with Parcells aswell. Chance are we are gonna get one probably early like the 2nd round. Maybe 3rd. Just thought I'd throw this into the mix.

I love Adarius Bowman but lately it seems like he has had the case of the dropsies and thats never good. I think he can be a good reciever in this league, you gotta remember last year he showed up big time vs Aqib Talib, whos a good corner. He posted 12 receptions for 330 yards i believe in ONE game. also, to go along with those receptions and yards, he had four touchdowns.

Harry Douglas will be no more then a #3 IMO.

I love Early Doucet. He is a good possesion receiver but he cant seem to stay healthy and that worries me. I believe he missed six games this past year. If we can get him, I would be happy.

Back
Top Bottom