After Reviewing the Last 5 Games, McMichael Has to Go | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After Reviewing the Last 5 Games, McMichael Has to Go

The whole thing needs to go Brazi, top down. The plan failed and it is time for someone else and something else to look forward to.
Hey L, hehehe I still think of poor Luca, with the knife in his hand, although they did get a a big Carp out of the deal šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

The Never, Well You Know VIPER

I agree it's too short. But are you confident he is going to fix all these problems next season?
I'm confident that replacing the coach every few years is no way to build an organization.

I certainly get the disappointment and frustration, but McD is a good coach and knows offensive football. He is smart enough to hire the best defensive coordinator possible, which shows that he isn't intimidated by being not always being the smartest one in the room. The players like playing for him and free agents are much more willing to come to Miami because of him (that is my opinion). There is no way I am throwing that out after improving the record over last year and getting us into the playoffs in back to back years.

It is very valid to question his play calling skills and game / clock management. But this offense made a huge leap forward this year despite the slow down over the last 5 games and to me that shows progress. This defense was ranked in the top 10 of the league before the injuries crippled us......that shows me progress. Until he proves to me he has taken us as far as his skill set allows, there is no way I am making a change

Thank you, Professor. And please use capital G for God.
Hey P, yup paragraphs help. Also the G thing depends on context, the Bible clearly states there are many gods, and even powerful men can be considered gods also. Oh yeah, Mikeys mental health issues may be too great to overcome in the stressful environment of an NFL Head coach.

The Ever Knowledgeable VIPER

The Dolphins will go nowhere with McDaniel as our HC. Yes, I know there were injuries which hurt the team down the stretch. But injuries have nothing to do with constantly deferring on opening kickoffs and constantly going 3 and out to start 2nd half of games. Injuries have nothing to do with having penalties on almost every offensive series of games. Injuries have nothing to do with calling all kinds of exotic plays on 3rd and less than 3 yards. Injuries have nothing to do with abandoning your running game when the game itself is within reach. More importantly there are better Head Coaches available right now who are way better and more accomplished than McDaniel, and because of that Ross needs to make the move now. If Ross does not fire McDaniel, my hope is that Jim Harbaugh stays in Michigan one more year and takes over the Dolphins in 2025. Regardless, I am predicting McDaniel gets fired next season if they don't go very deep into the playoffs. Knowing Ross's history, Head Coaches only get 3 years and then they are gone. This team has become more undisciplined more each passing year with the stupid penalties since Brian Flores left , and this is unacceptable. Not only that, but I don't think it's going to get any better.
1705352616873.gif

These threads are never ending. Kindly STFU, we've gone to back to back post seasons and MM is learning on the job, clearly mistakes will be made but the biggest would be ripping it all up to start again, yet again.
I understand the feeling but there is a pattern last two seasons and they that canā€™t beat teams that have a physical style, as well as them fading in December/January.
Itā€™s definitely a concern that needs to be Addressed, otherwise we will be in the same spot next year. If McDaniel can give up play calling, I would feel more comfortable about him next year.

I am as mad as anyone at McDaniel's mistakes - but the dolphins would be morons to let him go right now. This guy will be successful somewhere else with time. He is green as a playcaller, and green as a head coach - he needs to improve, but he's got the right stuff to be a great head coach. The Tua situation, I am less sue about - but they need to let McDaniel cook after an honets assessment of where he needs to improve.

I am as mad as anyone at McDaniel's mistakes - but the dolphins would be morons to let him go right now. This guy will be successful somewhere else with time. He is green as a playcaller, and green as a head coach - he needs to improve, but he's got the right stuff to be a great head coach. The Tua situation, I am less sue about - but they need to let McDaniel cook after an honets assessment of where he needs to improve.
Yeah, don't mind him at all as a head coach. Go design plays, have fun, be creative. Then hand all those plays off to the OC and have them call the game. You focus on game management and overview of offense and defense.

Hey T, not trying to start a fight, but didn't Mikey have the same issues last year. Think of a mechanic continually leaving lug nuts loose on cars, how long before you fire him, obviously we are talking safety issues, so maybe 2 cars, so Mikey had a whole year, and nothing. This is why I think it is a head bugaboo.

The Never Leaving The Lugnuts Loose VIPER

I agree that the Op McDaniels cost us this year not Tua. Tua got worse Tyreek got worse the whole team got worse. It starts at the Top changing your QB ain't it. However, I believe that if McDaniel just let some one else call plays get a TE or at least use them in the passing game and focus more on disciplining the team we will be okay.

I'm confident that replacing the coach every few years is no way to build an organization.
Neither is keeping a coach like the Bengals did with Marvin Lewis either. 15 years of mediocrity.

Back
Top Bottom