After the weekend of championship games, this is what I think: | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After the weekend of championship games, this is what I think:

His first pass was on the money and it was dropped. I believe the 2nd pass was not dropped but it was out of bounds which means his throw was not on the money. Of course to be fair maybe the receiver didn't give himself enough room for Fromm to get the ball in there. At the end of the day tho he's been under 50% several times and when you don't have a strong arm then you better complete way higher than 50%
I went back and looked and you're correct on it being down the sideline. Even though he has 5 consecutive games under 50% he maintains a 60% completion rate. He was at 74% the first half of the season so what caused him to drop in the second half? Injury? Given his attributes I'd be very comfortable using the 2a pick on him.

I went back and looked and you're correct on it being down the sideline. Even though he has 5 consecutive games under 50% he maintains a 60% completion rate. He was at 74% the first half of the season so what caused him to drop in the second half? Injury? Given his attributes I'd be very comfortable using the 2a pick on him.
Could be playing against better teams down the road? Not sure but one thing I know. He has maybe the best Oline in front of him and the best RB in the country and he's still not doing all that good. His situation wouldn't get much better in the NFL.

Could be playing against better teams down the road? Not sure but one thing I know. He has maybe the best Oline in front of him and the best RB in the country and he's still not doing all that good. His situation wouldn't get much better in the NFL.

That's a great point Danny, I've said all season long about that Line he plays behind. To give Fromm some credit here, he does a great job pre snap in setting those protections and making his line look even better, that's his big strength as a QB in my view. He's getting so much time to throw the ball on average. Against my Gators this season, a team that has a very stout D and can always generate pass rush, he was pressured twice in 30 throws ! That's just crazy. As you say with that line, he really should be doing a lot better, there shouldn't be this stat line that exists where Georgia struggles when it has to rely heavily on Fromm throwing the ball.

Last edited:
That's a great point Danny, I've said all season long about that Line he plays behind. To give Fromm some credit here, he does a great job pre snap in setting those protections and making his line look even better, that's his big strength as a QB in my view. He's getting so much time to throw the ball on average. Against my Gators this season, a team that has a very stout D and can always generate pass rush, we was pressured twice in 30 throws ! That's just crazy. As you say with that line, he really should be doing a lot better, there shouldn't be this stat line that exists where Georgia struggles when it has to rely heavily on Fromm throwing the ball.
I agree. Some of his defenders like to say that the offense is holding him back but it could be that HE holds the offense back.

That's a great point Danny, I've said all season long about that Line he plays behind. To give Fromm some credit here, he does a great job pre snap in setting those protections and making his line look even better, that's his big strength as a QB in my view. He's getting so much time to throw the ball on average. Against my Gators this season, a team that has a very stout D and can always generate pass rush, we was pressured twice in 30 throws! That's just crazy. As you say with that line, he really should be doing a lot better, there shouldn't be this stat line that exists where Georgia struggles when it has to rely heavily on Fromm throwing the ball.
That's one of the things we've been hearing about Fromm since last season: he is excellent at presnap reads - which are a huge part of the Patriots hybrid system wherein the QB makes adjustments literally walking up to the line at or near the 15-second mark. Having a passer with a decent-but-not-great arm (at least until he builds it up a bit in the pros like so many have down, including TB12) but is a film junky who's great at making those crucial presnap decisions is paramount to running this very complex system.

And who was the guy people said the same things about in last years' draft? Jarrett Stidham. Hmm, I wonder who drafted him...?

That's one of the things we've been hearing about Fromm since last season: he is excellent at presnap reads - which are a huge part of the Patriots hybrid system wherein the QB makes adjustments literally walking up to the line at or near the 15-second mark. Having a passer with a decent-but-not-great arm (at least until he builds it up a bit in the pros like so many have down, including TB12) but is a film junky who's great at making those crucial presnap decisions is paramount to running this very complex system.

And who was the guy people said the same things about in last years' draft? Jarrett Stidham. Hmm, I wonder who drafted him...?

The fit for NE is perfect. I think that's why a lot of folks naturally think he would fit here too. But I don't think it's as simple as that, to turn this franchise around we are going to need a better QB than what Fromm is right now, he's just got too many limitations to ignore, the biggest one may be his small hand size and his ability to play in the rain. This could all be moot anyway because personally I would be a little shocked if he didn't return to Georgia for his senior year, the kid loves playing college ball and needs to have a better year than 2019 has been for him.

Back
Top Bottom