After watching last nights game it appears we should draft... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

After watching last nights game it appears we should draft...

Chris Long ....it showed that defenses do win championships and it takes a great front four to beat and rough up a guy like Brady...Im still for trading the pick but if we stay pat,then thats the guy i want...any thoughts from any 1 om the matter ?

Its amazing how beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder! Wow! I saw the game and thought, after Eli answers a Brady drive to win the game that I definitely think we should draft Matt Ryan. Chris Long? Please. We have a pass rush that has Pro Bowlers included, why would we draft Chris Long?

I saw last night's game as a reaffirmation of why a big target WR is so important. Moss and Burress scored crucial TD's deep in the red zone for their teams. In fact, a majority of the teams who made it to the divisionals consistently field and used a WR taller than 6'3 (Cowboys, Giants, Patriots, Seahawks, Jaguars). Teams that washed out in the wild-card didn't and teams that lost in the conference champ rounds didn't.

This is also correct. MIA "must" either sign Bryant Johnson or draft a tall WR at #57. But Eli and Brady convinced me we must draft Matt Ryan.

Last night's game doesn't show that we need to draft Matt Ryan?

It doesn't show that we need a 6'5, calm under pressure QB?

Last two superbowls were won by 6'5, calm QBs chosen 1st overall.

Tom Brady is a 1st overall pick who was just not scouted properly.

Teams with the 1st overall usually reach if there is a top 5 caliber QB prospect as it is the most valuable position.

Matt Ryan's a top 5 lock.

I won't be unhappy with Dorsey or Long, but I am not thrilled with Beck and I like my QBs 6'5 and unflusterable (sp?), not 6'0, nervous and with small hands that fumble at every contact.

That all said, I recognize why the Giants won. It was because of Strahan, Umenyiora, Tuck, Robinson and whoever that DT that rocked Brady 10 feet backward on the last sack was.

Long or Dorsey would go a long way to helping us in that regard, but was that more important than having Eli Manning?

Would the Giants have won with that D-Line if Johnny Beck was throwing the ball?

Some might say it's too early to tell. I say we have the first pick, take the top 5 rated QB.

Spoken like a true genius. Your absolutely right on.

Its amazing how beauty truly is in the eye of the beholder! Wow! I saw the game and thought, after Eli answers a Brady drive to win the game that I definitely think we should draft Matt Ryan. Chris Long? Please. We have a pass rush that has Pro Bowlers included, why would we draft Chris Long?

remembering I am a Dorsey fan..

because our pass rush sucked... as did our run stop.. CL would improve both.. as would Dorsey... imo, the d line is where we need to spend the first pick.

Ryan isn't even top ten imo, we need to stop the run or the qb simply won't matter.

Dorsey fits that to a "T". He can play NT, DT, or DE in whatever scheme we are using on that particular down.

The reason that Dorsey wont even be a passing thought in the draft is because most likely MIA will fix the NT spot "prior" to the draft with either Isaac Sopoaga, Shaun Rogers, or Corey Williams.

Matt Ryan is the only player I could justify Miami taking at number one outside of Glenn Dorsey.

That said, I would take Dorsey.

The reason that Dorsey wont even be a passing thought in the draft is because most likely MIA will fix the NT spot "prior" to the draft with either Isaac Sopoaga, Shaun Rogers, or Corey Williams.

we'll see, that would work for me, then we can draft CL..

This is also correct. MIA "must" either sign Bryant Johnson or draft a tall WR at #57. But Eli and Brady convinced me we must draft Matt Ryan.

Actually, I wouldn't mind us signing Hackett. As for Ryan, I personally favor Chris Long, but if we end up with a Matt Ryan or a Brian Brohm, I will be more than pleased.

Defense does win championships, last night really proved that. The Giants forced the Patriots to play ball their way and in the end walked away victorious. I'll take the Chris Long family in heartbeat.

Dude, without Eli, a big QB, the defense wouldn't have won squat. Defense can keep a team in the game, but a good QB wins championships. Brady led the Pats to the "best" offense in the league. Eli led the Giants to the SB and then won it at the end. Dont take any credit from Eli Manning. It was "ELI MANNING" who was the SB MVP, not the Giants defense.

we'll see, that would work for me, then we can draft CL..

No, then we can draft Matt Ryan. Remember who was named the SB MVP. It was the Giants' QB, not no DE or anything.

remembering I am a Dorsey fan..

because our pass rush sucked... as did our run stop.. CL would improve both.. as would Dorsey... imo, the d line is where we need to spend the first pick.

Ryan isn't even top ten imo, we need to stop the run or the qb simply won't matter.

Our pass rush "led the league last season" hello? we struggled because of INJURIES this season.

Dude, without Eli, a big QB, the defense wouldn't have won squat. Defense can keep a team in the game, but a good QB wins championships. Brady led the Pats to the "best" offense in the league. Eli led the Giants to the SB and then won it at the end. Dont take any credit from Eli Manning. It was "ELI MANNING" who was the SB MVP, not the Giants defense.

Sorry but this is flat wrong. Eli played passably well, but the front four of the D obliterated the Patriots offense. You let the Pats score their standard 30+ and Eli wouldn't have even had the opportunity for late game heroics. You are trying to oversimplify the situation and downplay the importance of a phenomenal defensive effort to make your point and I think it hurts it instead.

Our pass rush "led the league last season" hello? we struggled because of INJURIES this season.

We have no defensive tackles. This was not an injury issue it was a personel issue. We let Kevin Carter go, and didn't have anyone to man the point of attack besides Keith Traylor and a RAW Paul Solial. The results that we ended up with were not smoke and mirrors.

Quarterbacks, running backs and wide receivers win MVP's because of the nature of their positions. That is no reason to go out and draft a quarterback. Especially if you can't stop the run, protect the passer, catch the ball, cover receivers, create running lanes, etc.

Everyone loved Beck until we threw him in behind an awful like with conservative play calling.

I love Matt Ryan, but the same thing will happen to him unless we are willing to let him sit for at least a season until we place the tools around him to allow him to succeed. Something we should have done with Beck.

No, then we can draft Matt Ryan. Remember who was named the SB MVP. It was the Giants' QB, not no DE or anything.

we aren't going to waste our first pick on the turnover kid.. forget it, our staff is not that stupid.. he's not even top 10 material. If he is still around at 32, sure, grab him then, but not the first pick.

and bro, without the defense doing something NOONE did all year, which was maul brady, all of Eli's play would be moot. It ALL starts in the trenches, the g-men won them, and subsequently the game.

Back
Top Bottom