Agent: Hickey was the brains of the Bucs organization/Dodged a bullet with Dawson | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Agent: Hickey was the brains of the Bucs organization/Dodged a bullet with Dawson

And the same questions we had about Ireland (what was he responsible for, what was he to be given credit for and what was he to be blamed for during the parcels years) are very similar to the questions we now have about hickey. However, we know exactly what he'll be responsible for in about 3 months. lets at least wait for the draft to confirm or disprove our thoughts about him.

the greatest "brain" of any organization personnel-wise, would have a difficult time producing a winning record under QB's that fall off the shelf in their play (Freeman) and ridiculous coaching (schiano). especially if their "brains" are limited to scouting talent. you can put together all the strong rosters you'd like, bad QB play and crappy coaching will spell a losing record year in and year out.

Funny how some cannot understand that and continue to bash the GM already.

Ok let's point this out again. Hickey was not the head coach of the Bucs. Hickey was not the GM ok are you with me so far? Ok, now that that is understood let's move on. Hickey was involved with locating talent and advising the Bucs with that talent and helping with drafting the right players. That being said I believe the players he evaluated and helped draft led to a super bowl and many players were pro bowlers so you can't blame him for their record. Now let's give the guy the benefit of the doubt now that he is in a position that allows him to make the decisions of a GM.

So he was a glorified scout while in Tampa.

I think what he saying is that He was responsible for gathering the talent to bring to Dominik. Which in a sense is a scout, but he is not responsible for the 28-52 record when that falls on the coaches. It is a similar situation with Ireland and Philbin and who was ultimatley responsible for the 8-8 record.

From everything I have read and heard through radio interviews is that Hickey created the draft board and did the research on players. He presented all this information to Dominik and educated him on the prospects and then Dominik is the one that pulled the trigger.

There is some grey area, but it seems like Dominik really trusted Hickey's opinion and a lot of the picks were probably made based on what Hickey thought. But it does leave room that Hickey might have proposed drafting player A, and Dominik went with player B. We may never really know who was in charge of what picks in Tampa Bay, we can only judge him based on what he does here in Miami.

I wonder how Mark Dominik feels with Hickey taking all kinds of credit in Tampa...

I wonder how Mark Dominik feels with Hickey taking all kinds of credit in Tampa...

If you read Barry Jackson's buzz earlier this week you would have saw that Domink gave Hickey a lot of the credit. So to answer your question, I don't think he minds.

Everyone saying the bucs record sucked, and Ireland's dolphins had a better record... Let me just remind you all who beat the tar out of us on Monday night in front of the whole country

The brains behind a losing team, we already had that.
I was hoping it was otherwise.

The brains behind a losing team, we already had that.
I was hoping it was otherwise.

So would you have been happy with getting the guy from the Giants as our GM? They sucked this year, and you know, hiring the gm from a losing team and all...

Hickey represents non flash steady evaluator who is not a politician. I'll take that.

all the guys that were interviewed had question marks and none really had a been a gm or if they were they didnt have the job for more than a year

Back
Top Bottom