Ahmad Brooks dismissed from team. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmad Brooks dismissed from team.

PhinsRDbest

Who D Best?
Reaction score
I saw it on rivals.com you have to registered to read the article. Anybody know if he can still get into this draft or does he have to go to supplemental draft?

supplement im sure and wow owuld he be a pick up or what.

btw how did we end up picking wright? how does the supplement draft work? and is it always a 5ht roudner?

I spend next years 2nd or 3rd or lower. He could be an even bigger steal than manny wright was.

SR 7 said:
supplement im sure and wow owuld he be a pick up or what.

btw how did we end up picking wright? how does the supplement draft work? and is it always a 5ht roudner?

No, they go through the draft like usual but obviously teams don't have to pick(Manny was the ONLY person taken last year) then that team loses that corresponding pick in the following year's regular draft.

SpeedRush99 said:
No, they go through the draft like usual but obviously teams don't have to pick(Manny was the ONLY person taken last year) then that team loses that corresponding pick in the following year's regular draft.

thanks but sorry not a very good detailed explanation. not meaning detailed like voer the top but as to asnwer my questions

this could affect a lot of decisions by a lot of teams. not sure why he didn't just enter the draft this year.

SR 7 said:
thanks but sorry not a very good detailed explanation. not meaning detailed like voer the top but as to asnwer my questions

:confused: I answered all your questions. We used a 5th on Wright. No its not always a 5th. I explained how the draft works.

SR 7 said:

It's run by email or phone or something real time. A draft order is set, based on a weighted lottery according to the real draft order. In other words if you have the #1 selection order in the real draft, you have the best chance of having the #1 selection order...but not an absolute chance of it, because it is a weighted lottery.

Once the lottery sets the draft order, they go round by round asking teams if they choose to draft anyone in that round. Last year, nobody said yes they will draft someone until Round 5, when the Dolphins and a few other teams said they'd draft Manuel Wright, DT from USC...and since the Dolphins had the highest selection order among those teams, we got him.

BTW, if Ahmad Brooks goes into the Supplemental Draft that would be one heck of a boom for us.

Thanks CK. Do you or Boomer think that he can play that position that Junior is leaving or that Julian Peterson would play if he signed or is Brooks just an inside linebaker I know he has great size.

PhinsRDbest said:
Thanks CK. Do you or Boomer think that he can play that position that Junior is leaving or that Julian Peterson would play if he signed or is Brooks just an inside linebaker I know he has great size.

Quite frankly, he's got the size, speed, and ability to play anything he wants...if healthy.

Juan Cribbs said:
this could affect a lot of decisions by a lot of teams. not sure why he didn't just enter the draft this year.

i heard he was having problems with his weight. he was falling on draft boards too. i guess he wanted to go back, get in shape, polish his skills, and
lock up a high 1st round selection

Wont he just enter the regular draft?
Edit-Didnt he have some issues last year or the year before? I seem to remeber him missing time but it never was realy explained why.

Back
Top Bottom