Ahmed VS Gaskin | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmed VS Gaskin

Ahmed still does a very good job when the line opens really nice holes. His speed is fantastic and he gets downfield and makes things happen. He gets through some windows at the second level that Gaskin likely doesn't. But playing RB in this league is a lot more about getting two or three yards when its all that's there. Ahmed ran like a lot of fast guys from college run in this league - he ignored holes hoping for a bigger hole. That kind of stuff doesn't work as well in the pros where most of the players aren't that much slower than the fastest.

You have to be a lot better of a passing team than us to be able to survive an RB getting negative yardage trying to make big plays that aren't there. Same as when Drake was here but was on the lesser end of a timeshare with Frank Gore because we just could not block or get downfield to convert third and longs that Drake's all or nothing running consistently left us in.

Ahmed still does a very good job when the line opens really nice holes. His speed is fantastic and he gets downfield and makes things happen. He gets through some windows at the second level that Gaskin likely doesn't. But playing RB in this league is a lot more about getting two or three yards when its all that's there. Ahmed ran like a lot of fast guys from college run in this league - he ignored holes hoping for a bigger hole. That kind of stuff doesn't work as well in the pros where most of the players aren't that much slower than the fastest.

You have to be a lot better of a passing team than us to be able to survive an RB getting negative yardage trying to make big plays that aren't there. Same as when Drake was here but was on the lesser end of a timeshare with Frank Gore because we just could not block or get downfield to convert third and longs that Drake's all or nothing running consistently left us in.
On a 3rd and 1 or 2, Ahmed looked for the big bounce to the outside and gained nothing. It was a crucial drive. All we needed was him to put his head down and get the 1st down. I'm convinced Gaskin gets that 1st down.

All week long, I talked up Ahmed... and he stunk.

I got that one wrong.

(see how this is done Tua cultists)

On a 3rd and 1 or 2, Ahmed looked for the big bounce to the outside and gained nothing. It was a crucial drive. All we needed was him to put his head down and get the 1st down. I'm convinced Gaskin gets that 1st down.
I think the only hole there was further outside, but honestly, I only saw it twice.

Neither back makes it there up the middle from what I saw. There wasn't an opening. I don't fault backs for poor blocking, it happens, but there were self imposed things that Ahmed did besides that play.

I think the only hole there was further outside, but honestly, I only saw it twice.

Neither back makes it there up the middle from what I saw. There wasn't an opening. I don't fault backs for poor blocking, it happens, but there were self imposed things that Ahmed did besides that play.
I would have liked to have seen what happened if he just dove straight ahead. He actually stopped on a dime of his own free will to try to get around the right of Smythe and the guy he was blocking.

Back
Top Bottom