Ahmed VS Gaskin | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmed VS Gaskin

Tough, I think Gaskins is better all around, blocking, receiving and running although they are really close at running.

Gaskin for same reasons as last month, better intangibles and doesn't make mental errors. Not a world beater but he also is not going to hurt you with mistakes. That said I'm happy we have both, Ahmed is a good compliment to Gaskin. Both can stay and back up Harris next year.

Gaskin is soft but he is a technician. Ahmed is tougher but needs to improve pass pro. I’ll take Ahmed

Ahmed made a feeble pass block but he's a rookie and 1st 100 yard rusher in 2 years hard to say but he looked mighty good gashing the patriots

I think they are basically the same player. Ahmed may have better vision. But both are pretty evenly talented.

Agree Ahmed vision looks better to me. Although lately, it seems all our RBs have looked more patient instead of just plowing into a non-existent hole. Wonder if that's a coaching thing?

I'm happy to have both, as both can play a role in a week rounded backfield. We can find a good bruiser in the 3rd or 4th to do what Howard was supposed to do (maybe Trey Sermon or Kylin Hill).
Gaskin reminds me of early career James White in NE. I don't think he is suited for a workhorse role, but I see him sticking around.

Ahmed's vision was as good as one could hope for and his acceleration was like peak Lamar Miller.

I think they are basically the same player. Ahmed may have better vision. But both are pretty evenly talented.
I think Gaskin does the little things better, pass protection and receiving out of the backfield. I like Ahmed better as a runner.

Give me a quality big back with at least NFL average RB speed to be 'Thunder' and Ahmed is already 'Lightning'. We already got that half in place.
Gaskin can be camp fodder. Laird is a good special-teamer. Maybe draft one more draft RB to compete with Laird and Gaskin.
Round 2a or 2b draft pick RB
Ahmed
3rd or 4th or 5th rnd back
Laird
Gaskin
UFDA

That's what should be in camp 9 months from now at the position.

Ahmad, by a mile.

They are NOT the same. Gaskin has no patience and wouldn't know a cut back if it cut his throat.

Amad, makes more guys miss, is patient for blocks to set and has moves and gets into his top gear faster. Constantly sees the cut back and can burn teams off the edge.

Now just give us Najee Harris to pair with Amad for a thunder and lightning backfield. Tua then plays 12 years, doesnt have to throw 40 times a game or always be the hero. Teams will have a hard time scoring on us because they wont have the time as our run game would drag the clock and move the chains. Keeps tua from having constant shootouts. A strong run game is vital and tua's best friend.

Give me a quality big back with at least NFL average RB speed to be 'Thunder' and Ahmed is already 'Lightning'. We already got that half in place.
Gaskin can be camp fodder. Laird is a good special-teamer. Maybe draft one more draft RB to compete with Laird and Gaskin.
Round 2a or 2b draft pick RB
Ahmed
3rd or 4th or 5th rnd back
Laird
Gaskin
UFDA

That's what should be in camp 9 months from now at the position.
Yep.

Najee Harris.

Gaskins becomes the 3rd down back. Much better receiver and pass blocker

Amad, makes more guys miss, is patient for blocks to set and has moves and gets into his top gear faster. Constantly sees the cut back and can burn teams off the edge.

Well said in descriptive terms i was never going to come up with. Agreed.

Back
Top Bottom