Ahmed VS Gaskin | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmed VS Gaskin

Gotta like the way Ahmed hits the hole and is always falling forward. He nearly picked up that one first down in the red zone by leaping after getting hit.

I say let’s see what he does next week against Denver, if he continues to bust off runs Like this week... got to stick with the hot hand I say.

Got them both locked in dirt cheap for the next couple years. So that’s good. You can get a decent scheme driven run game between the two.

Also I’d be willing to guarantee we aren’t using a pick on a running back until like the 4th round if that. This is not a good upcoming RB draft at all.

About the same, I always thought Gaskin was slightly better. Still do.

I've done a little reading up on Ahmed. I've seen a lot of sleeper talk with him coming into draft and comparing him to many of the rbs that others wanted. It appears he ran 4.62 at the combine which contributed to draft slide but he was clocked at 4.32 at Washington. Him only having 1 year as a starter didn't help either. I'm not going to say we found an elite back but we may have just found a gem that can share the load the rest of this season.

Ahmed presses tbe los or gap well but he carries the ball too much in that inside arm asking for inside out defenders to knock it out on contact. Doesn’t offer much in short yardage.

Ahmed presses tbe los or gap well but he carries the ball too much in that inside arm asking for inside out defenders to knock it out on contact. Doesn’t offer much in short yardage.
Yes about carrying the ball. Another thing to remember as the last two games we have been short staffed. I am sure when we get all the coaches back they will work with on things he can improve on.

Ahmed is a baller, fantastic vision and a quick burst to the hole. His blocking is terrible and almost got Tua killed so hope he improves on that but running the ball he’s by far the best we got.

I like Ahmed more, I think he's got a much better vision and bounced it outside when he has to..but at the same time, he doesn't dance around in the backfield resulting in too many negative ways.
I'd continue mainly using him while mixing it some Gaskin and Breida.
One big knock on Ahmed might be his blocking at this point. Definitely needs some work. I think Gaskin is a better blocker at this point

Back
Top Bottom