Ahmed VS Gaskin | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ahmed VS Gaskin

Ahmed is significantly faster slash has better acceleration, and probably has slightly better vision. Only thing Gaskin has on him is power and that’s not by much if at all.

Savon is our 2020 starting RB going forward.
Gaskin is a better receiver out of the backfield too, and I don’t think the speed is much different. In an interview recently Ahmed said they raced 5 times and Gaskin won 3. I do think Ahmed has more initial burst though

Gaskins is better running in the middle & getting extra yards and also is a great pass catcher.

I loved Ahmeds fast play hes a game breaker.

Ahmed really struggled tho in the 4th quarter getting any yards inside the oline.

I would play both.

Use Laird & Brieda as the back ups.

Ahmed seems to be more explosive at the 2nd level. I am not sure I agree he finds the hole faster. Gaskin played a much tougher run defense schedule. The holes just appear faster when you are playing the Cardinals and the Bosa-less Chargers.
It'll be interesting to see how it plays out when Gaskin comes back. I still feel like Gaskin will be the main RB, but would think it'll be more of a split backfield than before.

Im not gonna say Gaskin has failed to hit holes that were there. He does hit them, we are just not very good at opening them consistently. It's more that he is exceptionally limited at the second level, whereas Ahmed has the speed to penetrate much further before contact owing to nfl level speed.
I think we’re trying to say the same thing , just in different words...

I agree with you, it’s not massive holes - they’re small, but he’s not giving the OL any margin for error with how long it takes him to actually get there.

With Ahmad you could see him immediately accelerate so even if they only got an initial small push, he is helping his OL by getting there quickly.

Gaskin is like the slow and steady without the big frame or ability to punish up the middle. He’s like Eddie George (Remember him?) without the power.

I like that this is thing. Ahmed is playing very well. I wish we could disguise more of our runs with the I. Let Cox or even line up Howard at FB and let them run some of those gamble gut runs.

Leonard Henry, Sammy Morris and Lamar Gordon would like to have a word with you
Sammy Morris was a fine rotational running back, but yeah., that room was awful as a whole. Don't forget Travis Minor. He was a good change of pace previously but was horrible behind that line.

Miami is going to get a true starting RB with more power, and both Gaskins and Ahmed will get their shots until one or both expect more money.

I think they are basically the same player. Ahmed may have better vision. But both are pretty evenly talented.

close but Ahmed seems better. He certainly has better vision and decision making. He also looks a lot more explosive. Only thing gaskin appears to do better is he might be a little more physical the Ahmed. Seems like he’s a little harder to tackle. Haven’t paid attention to run blocking but guess Ahmed is decent since we gave up no sacks yesterday.

Back
Top Bottom