AJ Hawk anyone? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ Hawk anyone?

yup, saw it on ESPN - says he isn't/wasn't even considering other teams

Hawk has always been 2-down banger. He would come out on 3rd downs in many passing situations. Not sure he would have been a better fit than Crowder. Healthier yes, but pretty much the same player on 1st and 2nd down.

Now we must consider Nick Barnett. Now that Desmond Bishop and Hawk will be slated as starters, Barnett will be released. He's coming off an injury and he's owed about 6 million. Dolphins should do some homework and see if Barnett is healthy, and whether he has the skills we need. We could probably get him at around Crowder's salary with some incentives thrown in.

This would be fan-freakin-tastic... But it aint happening.

right.. and GB totally expected to win a championship in Hawks contract season so thats why they gave him a backloaded contract (if what you say is even true - im not looking it up). It was all a conspiracy against Hawk.
clipboard03jpgw584h325-1.jpg

Well the fact that they cut him in hopes of getting a cheaper deal..obviously he has expressed them desire to stay in GB and they are taking advantage of it..hey its not like Im on a crusade or anything here just think its a shame that they sign a contract with a guy and then dont uphold their deal especially when he has performed so well for them this year..I mean its not like he was crapping it up he will start for them next year if he comes back no doubt

they cut him? I couldnt find anywhere that said they cut him.

Hawk has re signed with Green Bay

Sorry, did not see the other post

would love to have him here. I know his favorite player of all time was Zach Thomas. Man.... if he can get anywhere close to that caliber... I'll take a 1/2 of a ZT.

[/COLOR]
would love to have him here. I know his favorite player of all time was Zach Thomas. Man.... if he can get anywhere close to that caliber... I'll take a 1/2 of a ZT.

He would be such an upgrade over chowder!!!

It's in the link provided in the OP's post. Oddly enough, the article is titled, "Packers Release Hawk, Two Others".

ahhhh, gotcha! Yeah, this was a total move to get out of paying him 10 million.. Pretty low.. He shoulda signed with us :) but I think he's smarter than that

Back
Top Bottom