AJ hawk | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ hawk

Hellllllll Yaaaaaaaaa.... But we probably can't afford him and still upgrade the offense as we need to...

I would much rather have Hawk than Crowder. He's much faster, covers better, and can play all 3 downs.

id give him the money he wants. Sure we need offense pretty bad, and our defense is doing good...but not GREAT. Adding a really good ILB and even a really good FS would make our defense even better...make us better competitors. We suffered against the Patriots last year twice; lets not go through that again. Imagine signing him, then drafting that Cameron Jordan guy at #15 to play opposite of Wake (then also having Odrick back). Sounds to me like our defense would be elite.

Im all for going offense in the FA and draft, but a better defense cant possibly hurt.

id give him the money he wants. Sure we need offense pretty bad, and our defense is doing good...but not GREAT. Adding a really good ILB and even a really good FS would make our defense even better...make us better competitors. We suffered against the Patriots last year twice; lets not go through that again. Imagine signing him, then drafting that Cameron Jordan guy at #15 to play opposite of Wake (then also having Odrick back). Sounds to me like our defense would be elite.

Im all for going offense in the FA and draft, but a better defense cant possibly hurt.

I think Cam Jordan is more of a DE in the 3-4, not an OLB . . . I would be real upset if we made another ILB our big FA this season and then go DE with the first pick.

Hawk is an upgrade, I can't argue that . . . but we are fine with Crowder/Dobbins and Edds at the other LB spot. We need speed on offense . . . if that doesn't get addressed it is going to be another season of watching this defense fight their hearts out only to lose in the end and them getting frustrated at the end of the season and melting on their own. The best way to upgrade this defense is by putting points on the board offensively.

I think Cam Jordan is more of a DE in the 3-4, not an OLB . . . I would be real upset if we made another ILB our big FA this season and then go DE with the first pick.

Hawk is an upgrade, I can't argue that . . . but we are fine with Crowder/Dobbins and Edds at the other LB spot. We need speed on offense . . . if that doesn't get addressed it is going to be another season of watching this defense fight their hearts out only to lose in the end and them getting frustrated at the end of the season and melting on their own. The best way to upgrade this defense is by putting points on the board offensively.

I agree with your point about putting up more points is a great way to help out the defense.

But I completely disagree with "we are fine with Crowder/Dobbins and Edds at the other LB spot". Yes if Crowder stays healthy and plays the majority of the games things aren't too bad. But when was the last time we saw that? He seems to get injured often. Dobbins just doesn't cut it. Everytime I watched him it was as though his awareness just wasn't there. And as far as Edds goes, I'm excited to see what the kid has to offer in the NFL on this squad but he isn't the mold as a run stuffing ILB that we need next to Dansby. Just because IMO he doesn't fit that role does not mean he can't succeed there but I don't think I would want to see him as our starter there.

So bring in Hawk unless he wants a boatload of money. I don't see a problem with that. I don't want to be just "fine" at ILB. To be a contender you constantly have to look at options to upgrade EVERY position.

Back
Top Bottom