AJ returning kicks

KidAmnesiac

Rookie
Joined
Aug 21, 2002
Messages
17
Reaction score
0
Location
Ann Arbor MI
OK, so things are going well for the fins, but the kick returning is clearly a problem. Albert Johnson is no good at this. His only role on the team is to return kicks and he can't do it!

Can you imagine the offense, as good as it is now, consistently working on a shorter field?

At this point I'm in favor of putting Chambers back there again.

Are there any other plans in the works?
 

Hellion

She can rub my Baltars!
Joined
Mar 19, 2002
Messages
3,400
Reaction score
1
Age
53
Location
Michigan
Originally posted by KidAmnesiac
OK, so things are going well for the fins, but the kick returning is clearly a problem. Albert Johnson is no good at this. His only role on the team is to return kicks and he can't do it!

Can you imagine the offense, as good as it is now, consistently working on a shorter field?

At this point I'm in favor of putting Chambers back there again.

Are there any other plans in the works?
I haven't heard of any plans to replace Johnson but putting Chambers back there is a bad idea, last thing the Fins need is CC getting creamed on a PR and missing games or the season.
 

dolphan39

Maria & LauRen Aha!
Joined
Sep 4, 2001
Messages
13,973
Reaction score
2
Age
57
Location
CT
Originally posted by KidAmnesiac
OK, so things are going well for the fins, but the kick returning is clearly a problem. Albert Johnson is no good at this. His only role on the team is to return kicks and he can't do it!

Can you imagine the offense, as good as it is now, consistently working on a shorter field?

At this point I'm in favor of putting Chambers back there again.

Are there any other plans in the works?
Chambers will not return kicks. They will either eventually cut AJ and replace him w/another KR and PR or inactivate him and have Minor return kicks and Ward return punts.
 

finfan77

Starter
Joined
Jan 10, 2002
Messages
237
Reaction score
0
Actually fellas, newly signed Paul Miranda was an excellent KR in college. He's got excellent speed and has a knack for finding the seem.

IMO, he would be an improvement over AJ, but am concerned that he has been dinged and knicked up his entire pro career.
 

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
21,934
Reaction score
550
Age
17
Location
Maryland
I can't believe AJ has tank the way he has...I don't know what's the difference between preseason and the regular season except he's lost some confidence since that 1st game..He needs to break out of his slump..he flashes talent all the time and now if he gets his confidence..I know he can be the difference maker for us in a lot of games..and I mean positive difference maker...come on AJ...get ya head out of your behind...
 

Run_Ricky_Run

2000 Yard Rusher
Joined
Sep 12, 2002
Messages
78
Reaction score
0
Location
Vero Beach, FL
Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I can't believe AJ has tank the way he has...I don't know what's the difference between preseason and the regular season except he's lost some confidence since that 1st game..He needs to break out of his slump..he flashes talent all the time and now if he gets his confidence..I know he can be the difference maker for us in a lot of games..and I mean positive difference maker...come on AJ...get ya head out of your behind...
Yeah! What happened? I thought this guy was gonna be super! I mean in preseason, the guy doesn't fair catch with guys right in his face, and still gets positive yards? Of course, he still had a great kick return in the Detroit game that maybe could of gone the distance had it not been for the face mask.

Come on, AJ! Don't quit on us now!
 

MiaMarino

Starter
Joined
Dec 13, 2001
Messages
546
Reaction score
2
No way do you put Chambers back there. With all due respect to special teams players league-wide, players like Chambers are too valuable to be put on keck teams. I would have preferred keeping Robert Baker as well. I don't know, maybe AJ just has the rookie jitters.

Go Fins!
 

IceStorm

The High Tech Bong Monkey!
Joined
Apr 12, 2002
Messages
2,271
Reaction score
2
Location
Dallas
Maybe I'm getting old and forgetful, but I don't remember AJ getting to many chances (when compared to other PR's in the league). Yes, he can do better. He showed us that in the Lions game before he was robbed of a TD.

I for one want more from him too. But I'll take a fair catch anyday over a Ogden fumble. He's a rookie, lets give him some time.
Say....3 more games?
 

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Finheaven VIP
Joined
May 23, 2002
Messages
21,934
Reaction score
550
Age
17
Location
Maryland
Originally posted by IceStorm
Maybe I'm getting old and forgetful, but I don't remember AJ getting to many chances (when compared to other PR's in the league). Yes, he can do better. He showed us that in the Lions game before he was robbed of a TD.

I for one want more from him too. But I'll take a fair catch anyday over a Ogden fumble. He's a rookie, lets give him some time.
Say....3 more games?
He's a rookie plus.....remember he was a mvp player in the candian league for ST's.
He done this before..this is nothing new to him..He's lacking confidence for whatever reason, but if he gets a good return for a TD..I think he'll be ok..
 

gottahavefootba

The Predator
Joined
Jul 3, 2002
Messages
1,641
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
Bethlehem PA
I thought in the Detriot game he was doin well, until his head got twisted off... I'm thinking maybe that is causing him to be a little timid.. I hope he comes out of it.. he looked great in preseason.. although baker looked great when he first came aboard also.. until he got injured.. I liked him, they really didn't give him a shot this year.
 

stan marino

Pro Bowler
Joined
Apr 27, 2002
Messages
1,977
Reaction score
0
Age
43
in the cfl he was a rookie special teamer when he won rookie of the year...then last year he was out the whole season...u have to expect some rust guys, he needs to catch up to the speed of the game again so hes comfortable then hes goin to make some nice returns!!!! go phins go AJ
 

Samphin

Dolphins Homer
Joined
Sep 11, 2002
Messages
9,325
Reaction score
20
Age
37
Location
S.F. Bay Area
I kind of like the idea of Minor being back there. The little guy really has nothing else to do other than mop-up duty in a Jets game. It would help boost his confidence, which has to be hurting since he dropped almost off the roster this year.
 
Top Bottom