AJ returning kicks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

AJ returning kicks

KidAmnesiac

Practice Squad
Reaction score
OK, so things are going well for the fins, but the kick returning is clearly a problem. Albert Johnson is no good at this. His only role on the team is to return kicks and he can't do it!

Can you imagine the offense, as good as it is now, consistently working on a shorter field?

At this point I'm in favor of putting Chambers back there again.

Are there any other plans in the works?

Originally posted by KidAmnesiac
OK, so things are going well for the fins, but the kick returning is clearly a problem. Albert Johnson is no good at this. His only role on the team is to return kicks and he can't do it!

Can you imagine the offense, as good as it is now, consistently working on a shorter field?

I haven't heard of any plans to replace Johnson but putting Chambers back there is a bad idea, last thing the Fins need is CC getting creamed on a PR and missing games or the season.

Originally posted by KidAmnesiac

Chambers will not return kicks. They will either eventually cut AJ and replace him w/another KR and PR or inactivate him and have Minor return kicks and Ward return punts.

Actually fellas, newly signed Paul Miranda was an excellent KR in college. He's got excellent speed and has a knack for finding the seem.

IMO, he would be an improvement over AJ, but am concerned that he has been dinged and knicked up his entire pro career.

I can't believe AJ has tank the way he has...I don't know what's the difference between preseason and the regular season except he's lost some confidence since that 1st game..He needs to break out of his slump..he flashes talent all the time and now if he gets his confidence..I know he can be the difference maker for us in a lot of games..and I mean positive difference maker...come on AJ...get ya head out of your behind...

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I can't believe AJ has tank the way he has...I don't know what's the difference between preseason and the regular season except he's lost some confidence since that 1st game..He needs to break out of his slump..he flashes talent all the time and now if he gets his confidence..I know he can be the difference maker for us in a lot of games..and I mean positive difference maker...come on AJ...get ya head out of your behind...

Yeah! What happened? I thought this guy was gonna be super! I mean in preseason, the guy doesn't fair catch with guys right in his face, and still gets positive yards? Of course, he still had a great kick return in the Detroit game that maybe could of gone the distance had it not been for the face mask.

Come on, AJ! Don't quit on us now!

No way do you put Chambers back there. With all due respect to special teams players league-wide, players like Chambers are too valuable to be put on keck teams. I would have preferred keeping Robert Baker as well. I don't know, maybe AJ just has the rookie jitters.

Go Fins!

Maybe I'm getting old and forgetful, but I don't remember AJ getting to many chances (when compared to other PR's in the league). Yes, he can do better. He showed us that in the Lions game before he was robbed of a TD.

I for one want more from him too. But I'll take a fair catch anyday over a Ogden fumble. He's a rookie, lets give him some time.
Say....3 more games?

Originally posted by IceStorm
Maybe I'm getting old and forgetful, but I don't remember AJ getting to many chances (when compared to other PR's in the league). Yes, he can do better. He showed us that in the Lions game before he was robbed of a TD.

I for one want more from him too. But I'll take a fair catch anyday over a Ogden fumble. He's a rookie, lets give him some time.
Say....3 more games?

He's a rookie plus.....remember he was a mvp player in the candian league for ST's.
He done this before..this is nothing new to him..He's lacking confidence for whatever reason, but if he gets a good return for a TD..I think he'll be ok..

I thought in the Detriot game he was doin well, until his head got twisted off... I'm thinking maybe that is causing him to be a little timid.. I hope he comes out of it.. he looked great in preseason.. although baker looked great when he first came aboard also.. until he got injured.. I liked him, they really didn't give him a shot this year.

in the cfl he was a rookie special teamer when he won rookie of the year...then last year he was out the whole season...u have to expect some rust guys, he needs to catch up to the speed of the game again so hes comfortable then hes goin to make some nice returns!!!! go phins go AJ

I kind of like the idea of Minor being back there. The little guy really has nothing else to do other than mop-up duty in a Jets game. It would help boost his confidence, which has to be hurting since he dropped almost off the roster this year.

Back
Top Bottom