Ajayi Cleared To Play | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ajayi Cleared To Play

Dude had like 3 good games his entire time here, and a whole lotta of nothing there after....and he is a me me player! No thanks!

That's one more than Drake has had.
Daytona, you are usually dead on but dead wrong in this case! When Ajayi was traded and Drake became the featured back and was one of the NFL leaders from that point on. He had to give time to Gore last year. For their careers, Drake has a .2 yard higher average per rush over Ajayi and almost a full yard and a half average in the passing game.

Daytona, you are usually dead on but dead wrong in this case! When Ajayi was traded and Drake became the featured back and was one of the NFL leaders from that point on. He had to give time to Gore last year. For their careers, Drake has a .2 yard higher average per rush over Ajayi and almost a full yard and a half average in the passing game.
Yeah he had two games over 100 yards rushing in 2017, the only two in his career. We're comparing crumbs really.

Yeah he had two games over 100 yards rushing in 2017, the only two in his career. We're comparing crumbs really.
Ya, exactly how many Ajayi had...who BTW has 6 100 yard games his entire career. I revert back to my original statement.

Drake proved the moment Ajayi was sent to Philly, that he is fully capable of being a premier back, how about we let him prove what type of a running back he is.

I will say this again though, sign him to an extention 1st, because after he shows what type of back he can be for the year, it's going to get very expensive, very fast.

Drake proved the moment Ajayi was sent to Philly, that he is fully capable of being a premier back, how about we let him prove what type of a running back he is.

I will say this again though, sign him to an extention 1st, because after he shows what type of back he can be for the year, it's going to get very expensive, very fast.
Exactly.....he has had a VERY LIMITED time as the actual #1 guy. In that very limited time, he looked pretty good!

He's had 3 years to be the guy. If he can't claim it in year 4, with or without Ajayi or anyone else, I doubt he will ever be "the guy" for any team.

This goes back to my original feelings about Drake when Ajayi was here and a boatload of posters wanted Drake to take over...for whatever reason.

Aside from high school, when has Drake ever been the man?

No to Ajayi. He has or had talent but is too much of a "me first" player. Remember on the Dolphins game in London - I think it was against the Saints, (which we lost) he was promoting his clothing brand and partying the night before the game. Serious long term health issues and a history of confrontational issues with coaches. Gase couldn't handle him and eventually told Tannenbaum or Grier to just get rid of him - that's why he was traded to Philly and Drake was given his chance as a starter in Miami.
Coach Flores appears to want players who are disciplined, team oriented and without baggage. I strongly doubt that Jay Ajayi fits that description. Also interesting to note that Eagles GM, Howie Roseman, is one of the best football evaluators and he has effectively let Ajayi look elsewhere.

He's had 3 years to be the guy. If he can't claim it in year 4, with or without Ajayi or anyone else, I doubt he will ever be "the guy" for any team.

Well since his first 3 years he had a HC with no feel for the game and zero want to stick with the run, instead relying on a QB to do things he was never good at. Me thinks, just give him the ball for at least the first 6 games. With some type of commitment by the CS.

Sure bring him back. Might bring magic back to our offense again. It not like any body better than him in back field for dolphins. it about bring talent in.

Sure... a guy that has knee issue history and is an "all about me player" sounds desperate to me... no thanks

Unbelievable to me that fans of the dolphins would even want to sniff an offer... but to each his/her own … hell one member STILL has a pic of him on this site :lmfao:

Sure... a guy that has knee issue history and is an "all about me player" sounds desperate to me... no thanks

Unbelievable to me that fans of the dolphins would even want to sniff an offer... but to each his/her own … hell one member STILL has a pic of him on this site :lmfao:
I dont have problem w him. We dont have star rb it would not hurt. He was good when he was dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom