Akeem Spence Breakdown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Akeem Spence Breakdown

Aqua4Ever04

Active Roster
Reaction score
Hey guys. I'm pretty pumped on this deal. DT was the one area I was pretty damn concerned with, and this move quells those fears. Snap-eater, smart technician, exact same position as Ndamukong Suh, anchor against the run, quick first step, ideal one-gap penetrator.

I compared his role with Suh's and showed why he's a miscast in Patricia's defense with the Lions.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/akeem-spences-fit-in-miamis-defense/

Hey guys. I'm pretty pumped on this deal. DT was the one area I was pretty damn concerned with, and this move quells those fears. Snap-eater, smart technician, exact same position as Ndamukong Suh, anchor against the run, quick first step, ideal one-gap penetrator.

I compared his role with Suh's and showed why he's a miscast in Patricia's defense with the Lions.

https://www.lockedondolphins.com/dolphins/akeem-spences-fit-in-miamis-defense/
Nice write up and thanks for sharing

I have a good feeling about our defense this year...
Me too. There was a thread up talking about how our O can be good but I think our D will be even better. I felt all we needed was a good DT and we can be top 10. Lots of quality additions on D this yr when you factor in lippet and McMillan plus Quinn and Fitz.

Me too. There was a thread up talking about how our O can be good but I think our D will be even better. I felt all we needed was a good DT and we can be top 10. Lots of quality additions on D this yr when you factor in lippet and McMillan plus Quinn and Fitz.

Yep... and if X improves any he's going to be a shutdown corner. He turned the corner last year and turned into a true #1, that guy is going to get a huge contract if he keeps progressing.

And I couldn't be more confident in this offense. This team is going to surprise a lot of people this year.
Looked at walterfootball 2019 mock draft, they had us drafting #1. If we stay free of significant injuries, I think we could surprise too. We usually do well when expectations are low (2008 & 2016).

I think this is a great signing and a great value.

Having said that - we are talking about a 14th to 16th rated DT who will play an important part but we can't exactly look at him as an upgrade over Suh. If the defense improves significantly it will have to be due to improvements in other areas like the LB and secondary.

I get the feeling that Suh is a great player ,but he just does not elevate the players around him. The cap hit hurts but I think we are better off without him. Defense is a team. For a seventh rd pick this kid is a steal

Back
Top Bottom