Akeem Spence Breakdown | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Akeem Spence Breakdown

Our FO keeps acting like we are highly intelligent. I feel like I'm going to Wake up to us signing David Boston!

Hope we are still shopping the DT market. This is better than what we had yesterday but not the best solution.

Yep... and if X improves any he's going to be a shutdown corner. He turned the corner last year and turned into a true #1, that guy is going to get a huge contract if he keeps progressing.
Yup. Hopefully it's not with another team. No faith in TBum doing the right thing

Great info. Sounds like the best case scenario deal for us at this point... Let's hope it work + for all parties.

PLUS + factor = DL coach trading for this kid = potential player motivation & instant "I belong here!"

We all know @the pro level mind over matter!

I'm like totally down with this trade. For now.

BNF

great post/article, Travis. I didnt kniw anything about this player. Love high character guys- thats who give you the best chance to mold a great team.

Dolphins seem to be pushing all the right buttons.

one of the things I like is that he seemed excited to be here per his instagram, I know all players are gonna post here I come or whatever. I cant remember exactly what he said, but he had posted a picture of him and the new DL coach , Kris Kocurek with his arm around his shoulders on the sideline and seemed excited to continue to get to work with him. Hopefully that says a lot about the DL coach too. Like I said its one thing the rah rah here I come Miami, but his excitement to be reunited with his coach down here in Miami makes me feel the kid is legit thrilled. plus they just restructured his contract so even better for us ( I think)

just noticed UK posted the pick in the other Spence forum, guess I should've read both before commenting

Last edited:
Looked at walterfootball 2019 mock draft, they had us drafting #1. If we stay free of significant injuries, I think we could surprise too. We usually do well when expectations are low (2008 & 2016).

I would like to steal a lot of money by betting we will not be drafting first.

Great write up brother with good information especially for those of us that don't know much about him.

Thanks for your efforts, man! If only the "real" sports media would put in work like this....

I think this is a great signing and a great value.

Having said that - we are talking about a 14th to 16th rated DT who will play an important part but we can't exactly look at him as an upgrade over Suh. If the defense improves significantly it will have to be due to improvements in other areas like the LB and secondary.

I see your point but I think you have to factor in their salaries when comparing production. Sure you can look it and say how can this guy be an upgrade over Suh? My response would be about 20 million reasons why. Those 20 million(not sure the exact dollar figure but im assuming it's somewhere in this ballpark) definitely went to improving the overall team

He also plays the same position Suh played when he was here. Nobody's expecting this guy to be as good as Suh, but with the money we saved we've been able to do other things that help the whole team. We'll have to wait and see how everything comes together. It'll probably take some time to get everyone on the same page but the potential is there.

Back
Top Bottom