Alabama 2006 expectations | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama 2006 expectations

firestorm

In Saban We Trust!!
Reaction score
Hey guys and 'Bama fans, what do you think about this year??.
In my opinion, i think this season is a a transitional year in our programm and the objective is establish John Parker Wilson like Croyle's succesor and rebuild our defense that lost a lot of talent and effectives.
Eight or Nine victories and beat Auburn :fire:, for me should be a exceptional season :D

Roll Tide... and Ken Darby for Heisman!! :D

P.D: And what about Prohtro's injury???

Take it one game at a time

firestorm said:
Hey guys and 'Bama fans, what do you think about this year??.
In my opinion, i think this season is a a transitional year in our programm and the objective is establish John Parker Wilson like Croyle's succesor and rebuild our defense that lost a lot of talent and effectives.
Eight or Nine victories and beat Auburn :fire:, for me should be a exceptional season :D

Roll Tide... and Ken Darby for Heisman!! :D

P.D: And what about Prohtro's injury???
Well, you got UF on 9/30 and the Vols on 10/21, so you got your hands full. If you get through those, you'll be just fine.:peace:

Well imho, the loss of Croyle is big, I of all people know the hardships of switching QB's over a period of time, he (darby) impressed me in the Alabama Spring Game especially against Bama's D you guys will be alright, althought an SEC CCG is probably out of reach at this moment, the SEC is stacked you guys may lose 2-3 games (worst possible senario) or 1 game (best case senario)

Edit: At the ESPY's Prothro was walking fine without any help or crutches it seems he is on the road to recovery, althought idk if he will be rdy for the first game

AirFishOne said:
Well imho, the loss of Croyle is big, I of all people know the hardships of switching QB's over a period of time, he (darby) impressed me in the Alabama Spring Game especially against Bama's D you guys will be alright, althought an SEC CCG is probably out of reach at this moment, the SEC is stacked you guys may lose 2-3 games (worst possible senario) or 1 game (best case senario)

Edit: At the ESPY's Prothro was walking fine without any help or crutches it seems he is on the road to recovery, althought idk if he will be rdy for the first game
Very good stats man, but it's all different at the game. When they play the big boys (Gators, Vols), they'll settle down and play EXCEPTIONAL. To Alabama, playing UF and/or Tennessee is like Miami playing FSU. It's WAY different down here. If Alabam loses to Kentucky, that's one thing. To lose to Auburn, UF, or UT it's totally different. In 'Bama, that stuff's like church. Those guys play 110% harder on those game days to get it done. Again, not to diss your stats, but it's really, really crazy down here. :cooldude:

Jaydog57 said:
Very good stats man, but it's all different at the game. When they play the big boys (Gators, Vols), they'll settle down and play EXCEPTIONAL. To Alabama, playing UF and/or Tennessee is like Miami playing FSU. It's WAY different down here. If Alabam loses to Kentucky, that's one thing. To lose to Auburn, UF, or UT it's totally different. In 'Bama, that stuff's like church. Those guys play 110% harder on those game days to get it done. Again, not to diss your stats, but it's really, really crazy down here. :cooldude:

Oh trust me I know all about that, Im a Bama fan as well, the Iron Bowl is unreal with all that hate in one stadium, YIKES!!

Cool man....

AirFishOne said:
Oh trust me I know all about that, Im a Bama fan as well, the Iron Bowl is unreal with all that hate in one stadium, YIKES!!
Very cool, always glad to find a southern football fan someplace besides the South. Besides Miami, I'm a big SEC fan. I love their games, they are hardcore, as well as their fans. The Vols and Gators are tough. You know, Ohio and Michigan have their thing, but I've heard of people having a stroke over the UF/UT game. And the Alabama/Auburn game? People get divorced over that one, :lol:

Very much looking forward to Bama coming to the Swamp. Straight up outplayed us last season, won't happen again.

Well, the Tide lost a LOT last year. No way looking around that. We have a good receiving core, a better OL and the best total backfield in the nation (combining HBs and FBs). Out LB core is what took a hit, but the D will still be top 15, IMO.

Though we won't be quite as solid, our schedule is too easy.

I say Bama is 9-3, possibly 10-2, going into the Bowl season.

what bowl Cotton again? or perhaps a possible BCS at large birth, since no team is a clear cut #1 and porb no team will go undefeated it is very possible

I think Cotton or Capitol One Bowl.
If we go 10-2 (or 9-3 and beat both LSU and Auburn), then going to the SEC Champ is a possibilty and from there, who knows? We'd need some help to get that, though.

Meant to respond to that earlier...

There's no way Prothro is ready this year...unless its by November, in which we wouldn't play him so he can get his medical redshirt. His break v/ UF was bad, but the reaction he had to the metal insert in his leg was much worse. That was the first he's walked w/o crutches in front of media/public.

well thats very fortunate that he is doing better, I enjoy watching this kid, too bad if he wouldnt of got hurt Alabama would of had a better offense perhaps.

Prayers to him on his road to recovery

Kev83 said:
If we go 10-2 (or 9-3 and beat both LSU and Auburn), then going to the SEC Champ is a possibilty and from there, who knows? We'd need some help to get that, though.

every great team needs a lil luck, dont worry the Tide will be just fine

Kev83 said:

Come on now, you seriously think thats possible for the Tide this season???

Back
Top Bottom