**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread **** | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

**** Alabama Crimson Tide Thread ****

Rumors circulating now that Trooper Taylor could be forced out at Auburn soon due to "recruiting tactics". Stay tuned.

clear.gif

:bobdole:

Breaking News....

A local radio station here in Huntsville is reporting that a 20 year old Auburn student has called in and said he has poisoned 17 trees around Bryant-Denny stadium in Tuscaloosa.

Fortunately, Alabama Power officials have checked the soil and do not think the herbicide will damage the telephone poles....

Found that on GatorCountry lol.

Tornado was an EF3 when it hit Tuscaloosa. Still no joke though.

It is believed to be an EF4, maybe EF5 when it moved into northern Metro Birmingham...right now the tornado is still on the ground, near Rome, Georgia. Still a big tornado too.

Hopefully all of our Alabama natives are safe tonight.

Namor, Ted, hope you guys and your people are alright. I heard Tuscaloosa took a direct hit from an F5.

EDIT: Yes, this is BDS in the video being narrowly missed by the tornado.

http://www.twitvid.com/4W6PU

Thanks bud,
I live near Dothan,Al....so we are ok.
My oldest daughter goes to school at Bama,she is ok.My wife is in B'ham..she also is fine.
My prayers goes out to the injured and their families.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey guys. Thought I'd express my sympathies. I really hate seeing a good kid like McElroy going up to that disgraceful trash pile in New Jersey.

I'm fortunate to be able to report that we're all doing fine, but extremely lucky. Most of northern Alabama was without power from around 5 o'clock Wednesday evening until yesterday evening. Over 400,000 people without power, and cell phone service has been spotty at best.

The city of Cullman took a direct hit from an EF-5 tornado which is about 20 miles from here. Several of us spent almost the entire weekend from Thursday until Saturday searching through rubble looking for people. I've never seen devastation like this. Many small towns all across the state were wiped clean off the map.

The national media that's covering the Tuscaloosa tornado isn't showing nearly what the reality is. The reality is there were as many as half a dozen EF-4 and EF-5 tornados that ripped across the state of Alabama from Tuscaloosa, all the way to Huntsville. Entire communities and towns stripped down to nothing but the foundation. They've run out of body bags and are now storing bodies in refrigerated storages. That's only for the bodies they're able to find, there's hundreds more missing. There may not even be anything left of them to find.

The details are far too many and too morbid too even discuss, but many people I know have been affected by these storms and lost everything. This is a humanitarian crisis on a scale that nobody ever thought we would see around here. The power of these tornados were unimaginable, and the devastation is of epic proportions.

The death count is sure to rise in the days and weeks ahead, and it's already fast approaching the worst in U.S. history. These people will bounce back, but it's going to take a very long time. Right now the immediate need is for essentials like bottled water, clothes, etc. if you can donate anything at all please do so, these people are in dire need of help.

I'm fortunate to be able to report that we're all doing fine, but extremely lucky. Most of northern Alabama was without power from around 5 o'clock Wednesday evening until yesterday evening. Over 400,000 people without power, and cell phone service has been spotty at best.

The city of Cullman took a direct hit from an EF-5 tornado which is about 20 miles from here. Several of us spent almost the entire weekend from Thursday until Saturday searching through rubble looking for people. I've never seen devastation like this. Many small towns all across the state were wiped clean off the map.

The national media that's covering the Tuscaloosa tornado isn't showing nearly what the reality is. The reality is there were as many as half a dozen EF-4 and EF-5 tornados that ripped across the state of Alabama from Tuscaloosa, all the way to Huntsville. Entire communities and towns stripped down to nothing but the foundation. They've run out of body bags and are now storing bodies in refrigerated storages. That's only for the bodies they're able to find, there's hundreds more missing. There may not even be anything left of them to find.

The details are far too many and too morbid too even discuss, but many people I know have been affected by these storms and lost everything. This is a humanitarian crisis on a scale that nobody ever thought we would see around here. The power of these tornados were unimaginable, and the devastation is of epic proportions.

The death count is sure to rise in the days and weeks ahead, and it's already fast approaching the worst in U.S. history. These people will bounce back, but it's going to take a very long time. Right now the immediate need is for essentials like bottled water, clothes, etc. if you can donate anything at all please do so, these people are in dire need of help.

Damn. Didnt realize things were that bad. Glad you and your family got through it OK, all things considered.

wow. glad to hear you're safe slimm. that's much worse than i thought it was. let me know if there's anything i can do to help.

Unedited-Raw footage of Tuscaloosa tornado:

[video=youtube;T0FHTG9VETY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0FHTG9VETY&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Back
Top Bottom