Alabama Inquires About Saban | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama Inquires About Saban

IS Alabama going to pay Saban $5 million a year? Nahhhhh.

ZERO chance that Saban bolts after this season..

Wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Had Miami gone 1-15 and 2-14 in back to back years, you might think a pro coach might hang it up and go back to the college game.

But when you go 9-7 in your first year and turn the corner your second after a rough start, it doesn't make much sense. Why would you invest two years of your life to turn around a pro football team just to do it again?

FinAtic8480 said:
Saban said he was fully committed to the Dolphins and any talk of him leaving was ludacris.

Ugh, when pop culture ruins people's spelling.

If Saban could be persuaded to take a step down into the college ranks again then good riddance. It would mean that deep down inside Saban does not think he has what it takes to be a successful NFL head coach. In essence, he would be throwing in the towel. He won't be a success for the Fins if he is not totally committed to winning.
Teams are a reflection of their coach. If Saban is a quitter then so too will his teams be and I wouldn't want him around anymore.

I would take Charlie Weis, that would be my candidate. I know he is locked up at ND for awhile, but I am sure you could get him with a buyout. Otherwise, we are screwed.

Metal Panda said:
Wouldn't make a lot of sense.

Had Miami gone 1-15 and 2-14 in back to back years, you might think a pro coach might hang it up and go back to the college game.

But when you go 9-7 in your first year and turn the corner your second after a rough start, it doesn't make much sense. Why would you invest two years of your life to turn around a pro football team just to do it again?

Exactly

It wouldnt make sense. Saban has built a great defense. Now if we can get the offense rolling...we'll be really really really GOOD!:dolphins:

if and only if saban leaves and i doubt he will i would like to see tressel [ohio state] get a chance

ckparrothead said:
Realistically? Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll...Ken Whisenhunt. Dom Capers would have to be a candidate because he can give continuity to our defense and if we can get someone that will straighten out the offense and has a better handle on personnel than Charlie Casserly...

Either way we'd be screwed, royally. It would be like when Ricky left suddenly.

Good lord would that test me being a fan of the Dolphins.

ckparrothead said:
Realistically? Bob Stoops, Pete Carroll...Ken Whisenhunt. Dom Capers would have to be a candidate because he can give continuity to our defense and if we can get someone that will straighten out the offense and has a better handle on personnel than Charlie Casserly...

Either way we'd be screwed, royally. It would be like when Ricky left suddenly.

Stoops is rumored to be looking for a HC job. But damn...not that I think Nick will jump ship, this would set us back a few years..

Agent denies Saban to Alabama rumor

Agent denies Saban to Alabama rumor

Nick Saban has not been contacted about becoming the football coach at the University of Alabama and he's not interested, according to Saban's agent, Jimmy Sexton, who refuted a published report Wednesday.

''It's just not true,'' Sexton said of a Birmingham News report that Saban had a contract offer from Alabama to replace Mike Shula.

''Ask him about it [after the Dolphins game against Detroit], but if you have to write about [it] you can write that he's happy in Miami,'' Sexton said.

The News cited unnamed sources saying Saban was to make a decision about the Alabama offer, and if he turned it down, Shula would be retained. Saban declined comment, but a Dolphins source also said Saban is not leaving the Dolphins.the football coach at the University of Alabama and he's not interested, according to Saban's agent, Jimmy Sexton, who refuted a published report Wednesday.

''It's just not true,'' Sexton said of a Birmingham News report that Saban had a contract offer from Alabama to replace Mike Shula.

''Ask him about it [after the Dolphins game against Detroit], but if you have to write about [it] you can write that he's happy in Miami,'' Sexton said.

The News cited unnamed sources saying Saban was to make a decision about the Alabama offer, and if he turned it down, Shula would be retained. Saban declined comment, but a Dolphins source also said Saban is not leaving the Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom