Alabama Inquires About Saban | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Alabama Inquires About Saban

If for WHATEVER reason Saban left, there is only ONE coach i would love to see coach here. Bill Cowher, period end of discussion. The one thing Saban lacks that both Shula and Cowher have, is the ability to instill a little fear in the team, and the opponents they play. Good old fashion, steel jaws, and piercing stare, enough to make you poop your pants.

I have been saying it for years. MIKE SHULA AS HEAD COACH OF MIAMI DOLPHINS!

DolFan707 said:

Oh man. What was it someone said about Mike Mularkey? He looks a little more appealing now...

Fins05:NewHope said:
If for WHATEVER reason Saban left, there is only ONE coach i would love to see coach here. Bill Cowher, period end of discussion. The one thing Saban lacks that both Shula and Cowher have, is the ability to instill a little fear in the team, and the opponents they play. Good old fashion, steel jaws, and piercing stare, enough to make you poop your pants.

Any talk of Saban leaving this season, in my opinion, is just ridiculous. I'm not saying people can't talk about it; they can talk about the colour of their grandmother's underwear for all I care. He ain't goin' anywhere.
I'm not sure what you mean by " Saban lacks the ability to instill a little fear in the team, and the opponents they play". I think a lot of opponents, especially opposing offenses , have a lot of "fear" when they are playing the Dolphins. The more operative and appropriate word,when discussing the success of a coach, is respect. Any I think Saban has it in spades.

Early in the year their was talk about him being contacted by Michigan state,when asked at a press conference.Saban said he was fully committed to the Dolphins and any talk of him leaving was ludacris.

Saban is not going anywhere

Jeff Fischer or a top coordinator

Saban did well with hiring assistants, but getting another college guy is playing with fire

If Nick Saban decides to go to college, he's is going to have his pick of the job he wants. I don't know that Alabama will be his first choice - but who knows? I'd be more worried about the University of Miami due to his not wanting to uproot his family again. He discussed how his family didn't like moving and so on and the Hurricanes would offer him the ability to stay "home". Having said all that, Nick Saban is not a quitter and there is lots to do in Miami (Dolphins). I would be very surprised if Saban left Miami without accomplishing anything after all you heard for years was that Saban was a Pro coach, coaching in college. He would have basically said that he failed. He is not a failure or a quitter.... Just my opinion...

Although extremely unlikely, if this were to happen, I'd be on the Stoops bandwagon!

Fins05:NewHope said:
Back when the plug was pulled on Shula, I was sort of hoping that the Dolphins would have gone after Dungy instead of JJ, even if I knew that the Cowboy's recent SB victories and JJ's U of Miami connection made this highly unlikely. Not that I can claim that I really knew all that much about Dungy, but two things in particular raised question marks in my mind about JJ: first, much of his success in Dallas was based on the sheer ineptitude of the Vikes' FO in giving him so much in the Hershel Walker trade; and, second, he seemed too determined to run his offense, regardless of whether it best suited the Dolphins' players.

I dont think Nick would just pick up and leave, for a couple reasons. He waited for quite a while before choosing to come to the NFL. If he wanted to stay in college he would have done so. Another reason is that if he walked out on this team because of 1 bad season he would probably have a hard time getting back into the NFL if he ever wanted to. I think Saban is too proud to tuck his tail and run, he would rather prove his naysayers wrong and come out and win. I dont see him going anywhere.

DolFan707 said:

have you been laughed at for years as well? :sidelol: Mike Shula, more than likely, will NEVER be a NFL Head Coach.

Back
Top Bottom