*** Alabama Pro Day TODAY *** | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Alabama Pro Day TODAY ***

what did rich run and did barron work out...barrons a top 20 bpa all the way...rumors that the jets are eyeing him hard at pick #16 i think it is...

i don't see how upshaw gets to #42 or out of round 1 even...i'd take him all day over vinny curry...but i'm not a vinny curry guy

Upshaw basically has the same physical characteristics as Pernell McPhee, and I think they have some of the same on field characteristics as well, although Upshaw is more of a heads up player than McPhee was. The Ravens took McPhee in the 5th round and just had him rush the passer all day from a DT position similar to what you see with Wallace Gilberry in Kansas City who also played in Upshaw's position in Saban's defense if I'm not mistaken. McPhee didn't play in Saban's defense obviously but he played an up/down position in Manny Diaz' defense.

Upshaw would be perfect in a defense like Baltimore's as he's a versatile player. You could have him playing like a Jarret Johnson on early downs and like a Pernell McPhee on nickel downs.

I'm a big fan of Upshaw's. My favourite pass rusher and the most heads-up, cerebral player this year.

But if he was a bit of a stretch at 8 before his Combine and pro day, he's a big stretch there now. His game is not stats-based, it's about hunger, technique, high motor and anticipation, stuff doesn't come out in 3-cone drills. But there's no doubt he's failed to answer the worry that he's not quite explosive enough at the next level. I still think whoever gets him will have the best rusher of the bunch, but the margin is smaller now.

Mercilus intrigues me. I think he's destined for big things and has the character and work ethic to deliver in the pros. Haven't seen enough of Perry to have any opinion of him.

what did rich run and did barron work out...barrons a top 20 bpa all the way...rumors that the jets are eyeing him hard at pick #16 i think it is...

i don't see how upshaw gets to #42 or out of round 1 even...i'd take him all day over vinny curry...but i'm not a vinny curry guy
Barron still is recovering from postseason double hernia surgery and said he is 80 to 90 percent healthy. Upshaw had been plagued by tendinitis in a knee.

Richardson unofficially was timed in the 40-yard dash in the 4.47- to 4.52-second range at 227 pounds. Barron's times reportedly were in the 4.50- to 4.57-second range. Upshaw was timed in the 4.73- to 4.76-second range.
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/...ma-prospects-to-work-out-for-nfl-heavyweights

You are you nuts. 25 reps at a body weight between 225-230 is phenomenal.

These are weak numbers for a guy like Trent who is capable of benching 500+.

This is one of the most physical backs to enter the draft in years. Trent was pounding his chest about how he was going to break the record, etc.

We all expected him to do it.

dang...barron ran very well...he locked up a top 20 pick today...looked fluid in the video i saw of drills with his drop etc...someones gonna get a hell of a player...the browns contingent left the bama po day after t rich was done working out...go ahead and put me in stone for cleveland taking him at #4...i think this puppys over and all that tannehill stuff there is just hype...upshaw looked heavy to me in the video i saw...someones told that kid to put on weight and he looked sluggish...stock down...i think he's goes no earlier than the 20's and maybe the latter half of that...tannehill in the drills i saw some balls guys were waiting on the ball to arrive or slightly behind on a few...just about everyone on path to the draft said the kids not a top 10 pick but he's getting elevated cause of need...dicey stuff...i agree with the sentiment that he doesn't validate that high a pick on tape...but like billick said need is a scary thing...

interesting that both lombardi and casserly said weeden cause of that advanced age gets into round 3...

dang...barron ran very well...he locked up a top 20 pick today...looked fluid in the video i saw of drills with his drop etc...someones gonna get a hell of a player...the browns contingent left the bama po day after t rich was done working out...go ahead and put me in stone for cleveland taking him at #4...i think this puppys over and all that tannehill stuff there is just hype...upshaw looked heavy to me in the video i saw...someones told that kid to put on weight and he looked sluggish...stock down...i think he's goes no earlier than the 20's and maybe the latter half of that...tannehill in the drills i saw some balls guys were waiting on the ball to arrive or slightly behind on a few...just about everyone on path to the draft said the kids not a top 10 pick but he's getting elevated cause of need...dicey stuff...i agree with the sentiment that he doesn't validate that high a pick on tape...but like billick said need is a scary thing...

interesting that both lombardi and casserly said weeden cause of that advanced age gets into round 3...
Barron is going to be a really nice pick-up for someone. I think he could go as soon as Dallas, if not teams like the Jets would be lining up I think. Tannehill for me is a guy I can get down with. He is raw, and not quite ready yet. But anticipation comes with experience, and he will improve. Hes got the tools you look for, and his feet in the pocket are pretty darn impressive. I usually want to go BPA, and he wont be at 8 (at least not right now), but given his position he could have the biggest impact.

Barron is going to be a really nice pick-up for someone. I think he could go as soon as Dallas, if not teams like the Jets would be lining up I think. Tannehill for me is a guy I can get down with. He is raw, and not quite ready yet. But anticipation comes with experience, and he will improve. Hes got the tools you look for, and his feet in the pocket are pretty darn impressive. I usually want to go BPA, and he wont be at 8 (at least not right now), but given his position he could have the biggest impact.

cowboys jets with barron...agreed...shocked if he gets by the jets...no contest b/t him and this harrison smith guy who imo is more a 3rd round value...barrons legit

as for tannehill this feels like tossing a dart at a dart board for me...i don't have a conviction but i have a lot of anxiety about him i know that...in the top 10 a lot of anxiety...can i really wait for a year while matt moore and david garrards corpse blow chunks at the position to see any return on the pick...when i could just look to 2013 with barkley and tyler wilson aaron murray and maybe the va tech qb at the top of round 1??? ehhh....worse still could i pass that class up next year cause i'm just then turning over the starting job to tannehill and not know what i have there??? my chest hurts...

as for tannehill this feels like tossing a dart at a dart board for me...i don't have a conviction but i have a lot of anxiety about him i know that...in the top 10 a lot of anxiety
I hear yah. He is no sure thing, but Im just ready to take a leap of faith. There are some guys I def wouldnt be mad if we chose, such as Kuechly. But for me, if we take a Reiff at 8 over Tannehill I will be throwing things and ripping shots until I black out.

I don't see the Jets taking Barron. I mean, I see the need. But I think they're taking Reiff in the 1st. The right side of their offensive line is terrible and they just hired Sparano.

the thing that helps me with tannehill though is that once t rich and blackmon and claiborne come off and they will in front of us other than decastro and kuechly i don't think there's anything i'd rather take the chance on...if that makes sense...and i don't think as much as i love decastro that i can stomach him with the 8th pick when i could take a qb for the future with 1st round physical abilities and terrific athleticism and upside...but kuechly...thats just tough cause thats zach thomas with better size...terrific pro player on the way

agreed though they take reiff and i will put my tv in the rack luger style...

I don't see the Jets taking Barron. I mean, I see the need. But I think they're taking Reiff in the 1st. The right side of their offensive line is terrible and they just hired Sparano.

rex ryan was looking at him like he was a steak today...if they take a right tackle well thank you very damn much...i'd much rather face reiff than have barron earholing reggie bush and blowing up our midget wrs...

rex ryan was looking at him like he was a steak today...if they take a right tackle well thank you very damn much...i'd much rather face reiff than have barron earholing reggie bush and blowing up our midget wrs...
Rex Ryan was probably just hungry...

Hoops any chance you think Kendal Wright falls into late 1st/early 2nd where we could package a 3rd and move up to get him?

Back
Top Bottom