*** Alabama Pro Day TODAY *** | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

*** Alabama Pro Day TODAY ***

Hoops any chance you think Kendal Wright falls into late 1st/early 2nd where we could package a 3rd and move up to get him?

late 1st maybe...but i think houstons in play there for him...i don't think a 3rd from #42 is enough to get you up there to #25...it might get you to #35 range...keep in mind the 1st round is all the first day teams have a chance to go back and look at their boards and assess where they have him and should he get to round 2 to offer up their 2nd and a 1st even in 2013 to come up and get that coveted first pick of day 2 #33 pick if someone slides they love...for that kid or for a coby fleener i could see it very much happening...and 3rd round compensation plus your 2nd at #42 won't sniff it

late 1st maybe...but i think houstons in play there for him...i don't think a 3rd from #42 is enough to get you up there to #25...it might get you to #35 range...keep in mind the 1st round is all the first day teams have a chance to go back and look at their boards and assess where they have him and should he get to round 2 to offer up a 1st even in 2013 to come up and get that coveted first pick of day 2 #33 pick if someone slides they love...for that kid or for a coby fleener i could see it very much happening...and 3rd round compensation plus your 2nd at #42 won't sniff it
Thats true. For a team like us who very well may be picking early again next year I wouldnt trade that 1st next year period. Man, I love me some Wright though. I think he would fit this offense perfectly

Thats true. For a team like us who very well may be picking early again next year I wouldnt trade that 1st next year period. Man, I love me some Wright though. I think he would fit this offense perfectly

i think he's perfect also...and if he gets past #33 i'd be trying to go get him...there's some scuttlebutt that if fleener gets to #33 and the colts they will take him and pair him with luck...which makes a lot of sense need and comfort wise for luck...but i guarantee you that phone will be ringing all day prior to the start of day 2...all day

i think he's perfect also...and if he gets past #33 i'd be trying to go get him...there's some scuttlebutt that if fleener gets to #33 and the colts they will take him and pair him with luck...which makes a lot of sense need and comfort wise for luck...but i guarantee you that phone will be ringing all day prior to the start of day 2...all day
If Fleener makes it to 33 I think the Colts would def take him unless they are blown away. I think Fleener gets scooped up in the late first though..he is just too talented. I wouldnt mind moving up to get Wright, but I just dont see them giving up a future 1st or 2nd round pick. Philibin wants to build us through the draft, no way we are trading away high picks if thats the case. Now if we trade down in the 1st and pick up another 2nd, then that changes things a bit.

If Fleener makes it to 33 I think the Colts would def take him unless they are blown away. I think Fleener gets scooped up in the late first though..he is just too talented. I wouldnt mind moving up to get Wright, but I just dont see them giving up a future 1st or 2nd round pick. Philibin wants to build us through the draft, no way we are trading away high picks if thats the case. Now if we trade down in the 1st and pick up another 2nd, then that changes things a bit.

i don't see trading down in play for us unless tannehill is gone in front of us and i don't see that either although kc has scheduled a private workout and i'm sure jax would be receptive with dropping from #7 to #11...so if we did trade back and tannehill was the target for us which i wholeheartedly believe he is then we have a dicey situation at #11 with kc when they come on the board...frankly if tannehills there i don't think we trade anything...i think he's taken at #8...anyways i don't see a shot in hell of us trading a future #1 or even a likely high 2nd rounder to move up in this draft...and i don't want em to either given how i think this year is gonna go for us...

i agree with you on fleener...i don't see how he ever gets by the giants at #32 if he gets there...to me adding that piece down the seam takes that giants o to a whole nother level

i agree with you on fleener...i don't see how he ever gets by the giants at #32 if he gets there...to me adding that piece down the seam takes that giants o to a whole nother level
Yeah Giants would be a good fit for him. I think Pitt will take a long hard look. Hell I wouldnt put it past NE to swoop him up if he is BPA on their board...they have that luxury.

Yeah Giants would be a good fit for him. I think Pitt will take a long hard look. Hell I wouldnt put it past NE to swoop him up if he is BPA on their board...they have that luxury.

agreed...on all fronts...although the pats need edge pass rushers bad...but they'll find something under a rock and get by i'm sure...and that secondary needs a lot of help

the thing that helps me with tannehill though is that once t rich and blackmon and claiborne come off and they will in front of us other than decastro and kuechly i don't think there's anything i'd rather take the chance on...if that makes sense...and i don't think as much as i love decastro that i can stomach him with the 8th pick when i could take a qb for the future with 1st round physical abilities and terrific athleticism and upside...but kuechly...thats just tough cause thats zach thomas with better size...terrific pro player on the way

agreed though they take reiff and i will put my tv in the rack luger style...

Not being able to take Keuchly is the price you pay for not having addressed the quarterback position satisfactorily before now. That's how I look at it.

I agree. Terrific player. I'd love having him. But all he's going to do is make your team better and therefore make it harder to acquire a franchise quarterback.

agreed...on all fronts...although the pats need edge pass rushers bad...but they'll find something under a rock and get by i'm sure...and that secondary needs a lot of help
True but because they have Brady they usually take BPA. Plus as usual they have a ton of picks. It makes me cringe thinking about some of the ridiculous ways they use Gronk, Fleener, and Hernandez haha. I do think they will find an edge rusher early on though...they have to

Not being able to take Keuchly is the price you pay for not having addressed the quarterback position satisfactorily before now. That's how I look at it.

I agree. Terrific player. I'd love having him. But all he's going to do is make your team better and therefore make it harder to acquire a franchise quarterback.

there's only so much better kuechly can make us with matt moore and david garrard at qb...i still think with them under center this teams a 6 game winner...but is tannehill a better pro prospect than matt barkley??? nope...better than tyler wilson??? not in my eyes...better than aaron murray??? not to me...better than the kid with poor mans cam newton physical tools at va tech??? again...i say on that upside wise is a no

there's only so much better kuechly can make us with matt moore and david garrard at qb...i still think with them under center this teams a 6 game winner...but is tannehill a better pro prospect than matt barkley??? nope...better than tyler wilson??? not in my eyes...better than aaron murray??? not to me...better than the kid with poor mans cam newton physical tools at va tech??? again...i say on that upside wise is a no

There's always a quarterback you can point to who might be available next year and say, "well, are they really better than that guy?"

Not a good way to look at the draft, in my opinion, for a few reasons.

1.) You haven't made a full evaluation on the other guy. Your first impression might be good, but you haven't dug in and seen the negatives on the other guy the way you have on this guy. Uneven evaluations are valueless.

2.) Next year isn't guaranteed. We're picking 8th, yet there was a point during the season we thought Dolphins had a shot at the #1 overall pick. You can't predict during the season how the season's going to end and you think you can predict what's going to happen next year? Pffft. Look at Burfict, going from a 1st round pick to undraftable in a year. Look at Cam Newton, from small school transfer to #1 overall. A year changes everything. There's always the (very small) possibility we could have a great year with mediocre QB play like the 49ers did and not have a chance to take a top QB until two years from now at the earliest. Kicking the can down the road sucks, and long term leads to sucking.

3.) Not all drafts are created equal. One year's top 10 pick is next year's late first rounder, and not because of "reaching." You only get to choose from the players available. This is sort of tied into #2.

4.) My basic advice is: figure out what you think of Tannehill. Yes or no. If it's yes, then take him. Don't head**** yourself with "value." Don't try to trade down. If it's no, then just don't take him. End of story.

cowboys jets with barron...agreed...shocked if he gets by the jets...no contest b/t him and this harrison smith guy who imo is more a 3rd round value...barrons legit

as for tannehill this feels like tossing a dart at a dart board for me...i don't have a conviction but i have a lot of anxiety about him i know that...in the top 10 a lot of anxiety...can i really wait for a year while matt moore and david garrards corpse blow chunks at the position to see any return on the pick...when i could just look to 2013 with barkley and tyler wilson aaron murray and maybe the va tech qb at the top of round 1??? ehhh....worse still could i pass that class up next year cause i'm just then turning over the starting job to tannehill and not know what i have there??? my chest hurts...

It's like you are living in my mind there. I'm desperate for a QB but Tannehill is just so raw. Since we are very unlikely to be a meaningful contender this year, I think I'd prefer Keuchly (Claiborne or Blackmon if they fell) before reaching and then take our chances in what appears to be a very strong QB draft class next year. Keuchly, IMO is the most natural and instinctual MLB since Patrick Willis. It still hurts me to this day every freakin time the 49ers take the field. I've heard Coples mentioned too but I take Keuchly 100 times out of a 100 over Coples who didn't seem to play hard consistently from I lot of the things I've read.

There's always a quarterback you can point to who might be available next year and say, "well, are they really better than that guy?"

Not a good way to look at the draft, in my opinion, for a few reasons.

1.) You haven't made a full evaluation on the other guy. Your first impression is good, but you haven't dug in and seen the negatives on the other guy the way you have on this guy. Uneven evaluations are valueless.

2.) Next year isn't guaranteed. We're picking 8th, yet there was a point we thought Dolphins had a shot at the #1. And this was a prediction made during the season. Trying to predict what's going to happen a year from now when **** like Tebow getting traded to the Jets is unthinkable until it happens a week later is folly. Not to mention, a year changes everything. Players get injured, have bad years, have great years. Look at Burfict, going from a 1st round pick to undraftable in a year. Also, there's the variability in the Dolphins. There's always the possibility we could have a great year with mediocre QB play like the 49ers did and not have a chance to take a top QB until two years from now at the earliest. Kicking the can down the road sucks, and long term leads to sucking.

3.) This is related to #2. Basically, figure out what you think of Tannehill. Yes or no. If it's yes, then take him. If it's not, then don't make it about the price. Don't try to trade down. Just don't take him. End of story.

100 percent totally agree and its what i'm trying to get away from but the football junkie in me and what my eyes tell me say we're reaching here...bottom line...says this is a reach...a dire need pick trumping what my eyes tell me...i didn't watch ryan tannehill in 2011 and say to myself i can't wait til this kids in the draft to use a top 10 pick on him...hell when they played okla st i pretty much paid all my attention on weeden...if this kid was popping off the screen i would have picked up on it...only thing i kept saying about him was he's a terrifc athlete who throws damn well on the run...i'm trying to talk myself into this...

It's like you are living in my mind there. I'm desperate for a QB but Tannehill is just so raw. Since we are very unlikely to be a meaningful contender this year, I think I'd prefer Keuchly (Claiborne or Blackmon if they fell) before reaching and then take our chances in what appears to be a very strong QB draft class next year. Keuchly, IMO is the most natural and instinctual MLB since Patrick Willis. It still hurts me to this day every freakin time the 49ers take the field. I've heard Coples mentioned too but I take Keuchly 100 times out of a 100 over Coples who didn't seem to play hard consistently from I lot of the things I've read.

kuechlys the safe very high end pick...the problem i see for us though if this things gonna be a lot of 43 we don't have an every down 43 de...and coples is the prototype despite the risks...then again though we don't have a high end 43 mike...so

My questions with a MLB in the top 10 is it worth it? Is it good value? MLB are not QB disrupters. Not down playing MLB but there would be great tacklers in the 2nd rd who could play ten years for us making tackles. If he's not the next Ray Lewis I still have a problem with the pick. If we don't take Tannehill I think we need to go either Coples or Floyd. Both have questions marks but also have insane talent.

Back
Top Bottom