alan branch, gaines adams or levi brown? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

alan branch, gaines adams or levi brown?

diego's fins

Starter
Reaction score
if all of these 3 were avaliable at #9 who would u take and why?

I would go with branch. I think he can have the kind of impact ngata had on the ravens this season. a huge and very strong DT who can't be stopped one on one and that can certainly play NT for us. he is not just the prototypical DT who excells at stopping the run but can't rush the passer. He is also in my eyes an every down player at the next level. He would ocuppy bolckers for the linebackers to make plays and would free jason taylor a little bit drawing some of the attention of the line. If he's avaliable it's a no brainer.

if all of these 3 were avaliable at #9 who would u take and why?

I would go with branch. I think he can have the kind of impact ngata had on the ravens this season. a huge and very strong DT who can't be stopped one on one and that can certainly play NT for us. he is not just the prototypical DT who excells at stopping the run but can't rush the passer. He is also in my eyes an every down player at the next level. He would ocuppy bolckers for the linebackers to make plays and would free jason taylor a little bit drawing some of the attention of the line. If he's avaliable it's a no brainer.

Adams for SOLB or Brown for LT.

branch....can play DE or NT in the 3-4 or DT in the 4-3. lots of versatility to bring to the line. after him gaines adams and then brown.

branch....can play DE or NT in the 3-4 or DT in the 4-3. lots of versatility to bring to the line. after him gaines adams and then brown.

if he cna play DE for the 3-4 then he is NO WHRE near a NT.

It would depend on the ability of our youngsters on the line. The five I want are all close together on my chart but probably in this order

Branch
Adams
Merriweather (just got a feeling about him, i know its way higher than projected)
Landry
Brown (If Houck thinks he's the real deal and a future LOT then he's probably first due to need)

So how can u explain guys like richard seymore and kelly gregg being able to play both positions??? it has nothing to do with weight, but with technique and strenght.

So how can u explain guys like richard seymore and kelly gregg being able to play both positions??? it has nothing to do with weight, but with technique and strenght.

i dont think seymoure plays NT he plays DT. big difference, kind of like Carter did/does. Holliday did hte same for a period of time. almos t99% of hte 3-4 defenses have a GOOD NT not a DE/DT that you call a NT.

i dont think seymoure plays NT he plays DT. big difference, kind of like Carter did/does. Holliday did hte same for a period of time. almos t99% of hte 3-4 defenses have a GOOD NT not a DE/DT that you call a NT.

before wilkfort arrived to the pats, seymore played NT sharing the load with keith traylor. kelly gregg did it two seasons before ngata was drafted. as I said before, it has nothing to do with height

so because he has the ability to play 3-4 DE doesnt mean he cant play NT. he can play the 3-4 DE in obvious running situations to get the best lineman on the field to stop the run. carter, traylor and branch would be pretty hard to run against or if you decide to go to a 4 man front carter, roth, traylor and branch sounds pretty good to me.

Before saying this, I think the Dolphins would be happy with any of the 3.

If all are relatively equal talents (and I don't know), I think you take Levi Brown, assuming he is going to play left tackle. Left tackle is a "skill" position that is hard to fill and a very important position.

2nd would be Gaines Adams - pass rusher trumps interior lineman. Adams could be great in the Dolphins' system.

3rd would be Branch - I think he is a great player, but is easier to find an interior lineman than players at the other positions above. Plus, the Dolphins have some young players that can potentially fill this role.

before wilkfort arrived to the pats, seymore played NT sharing the load with keith traylor. kelly gregg did it two seasons before ngata was drafted. as I said before, it has nothing to do with height

ya and what did Ray Lewis say? he was NOT happy with the Defense b/c htey dindt have a True NT so he wanted changes to be done and they got him Ngata. the point of a NT is to take up 2 lineman to free up the MLB. whats so damn hard to understand? just b/c its been played there doesnt mean it helps the team man. this board is amazing everyday.

ya and what did Ray Lewis say? he was NOT happy with the Defense b/c htey dindt have a True NT so he wanted changes to be done and they got him Ngata. the point of a NT is to take up 2 lineman to free up the MLB. whats so damn hard to understand? just b/c its been played there doesnt mean it helps the team man. this board is amazing everyday.

he's a nose tackle with the ability to play DE. branch is big and strong enough to take up 2 guys.....

No. Ray Lewis was angry because Maake Kemoeatu wanted a larger contract than the Ravens were offering, and he demanded they get another big body in the middle to free him up to make plays. During Alan Branch's sophomore year he played LE because he had the athletic ability to come off the edge. During his senior year he gained 20 pounds to become Michigan's new NT since Gabe Watson left. So yes. He is a special athlete with a great combination of speed and power, and I wouldn't mind having him.

Back
Top Bottom