Albert Breer Story on Dorial Green Beckham | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Albert Breer Story on Dorial Green Beckham

Physically maybe as DGB is a freak of nature that way, but all we really have to go by is his film from Mizzou which with that offense is a bit tough to judge. Now from what I've seen, when asked to go deep he's probably number 2 as a deep threat behind Devin Smith (mostly based on Smith playing this year and just adjusting as well as an WR I've seen on deep passes in recent years) and he is very smooth changing direction. The big thing that holds me back right now from fully endorsing him is that he does not deal well with corners playing physical. Again that's based on his film at 19 though.

He sounds exactly like the type of player that would flame out under a coach like Joe Philbin. DGB sounds like he needs a coach that he can build a tight relationship with, kind of like a father figure type. Guys like Mike Tomlin, Marvin Lewis, and John Harbaugh come to mind as the type of coach he might flourish under. Philbin would have no chance with this kid and I am convinced the organization realizes this and for that reason DGB will not even be on Miami's draft board.

Now, the scout concedes that the 21-year-old is raw, and there is opposition to the rest of his assessment. Another AFC scout affirmed the Johnson comparison physically, but said, "He's not a slam dunk. He runs two routes." An NFC personnel executive added, "I wanna compare him to (Randy) Moss. ... I saw one play where he took off and dusted a corner, and said, 'He looks like Calvin.' But play in, play out, he doesn't play to Calvin's speed." An AFC exec argued that inconsistent hands and route-running keep Green-Beckham from that level.

I'm the source..

We will never know how he interviews at the combine and what teams think of him personally. So its hard to make an evaluation including those things we don't know…same for medicals with other players. With all that said…IF he checks out and you feel confident you can keep him on track Im not sure how he won't be the best player at 14. I think the argument could be made for Gurley as well but he has his concerns as well and I don't see the Dolphins going 1st round RB.

Anyways, the Dolphins better be doing their due diligence on this kid. Pure Alpha receiver right here…he is raw no doubt and his route running will need some work. However what he does show from that aspect is mighty enticing…for his size he is extremely well balanced and controlled…hi points the ball and he vice grips that sucker with some strong hands. Legitimate Red Zone win option every single down.

I really hope he's available at 14, I absolutely love this kid and I can't wait to see him in a fins uniform!!! I swear those setbacks of his is a blessing as he should be there when we pick!

He sounds exactly like the type of player that would flame out under a coach like Joe Philbin. DGB sounds like he needs a coach that he can build a tight relationship with, kind of like a father figure type. Guys like Mike Tomlin, Marvin Lewis, and John Harbaugh come to mind as the type of coach he might flourish under. Philbin would have no chance with this kid and I am convinced the organization realizes this and for that reason DGB will not even be on Miami's draft board.

Well Philbin better get his **** together! We can't keep getting rid of talent or even missing out on players because Philbin is socially inept.

Well Philbin better get his **** together! We can't keep getting rid of talent or even missing out on players because Philbin is socially inept.

DGB throws his girlfriend down a flight of stairs and Philbin is the one that's socially inept...lol. Classic.

DGB throws his girlfriend down a flight of stairs and Philbin is the one that's socially inept...lol. Classic.

Great retort. I was tempted to respond, but held back.
There certainly are a lot of armchair clinical psychologists on this site.

Great retort. I was tempted to respond, but held back.
There certainly are a lot of armchair clinical psychologists on this site.

What does clinical psychology have to do with a guy that failed numerous drug tests, assaulted his girlfriend and was kicked off the team and then someone saying the coach is socially inept but the player in question is not? It would seem the facts are Dorial Green-Beckham has issues with following societal rules. I don't need a degree in psychology to come to that conclusion.

There's been no confirmation that Dorial failed drug tests at Missouri. It's purely a subject of speculation.

And actually I've just been told categorically by someone in position to know that he never failed any drug tests at Missouri. Not that it matters as he was busted once for pot possession and again for being with someone who had pot. That would get him into the NFL's drug program as surely as a failed test.

There's been no confirmation that Dorial failed drug tests at Missouri. It's purely a subject of speculation.

And actually I've just been told categorically by someone in position to know that he never failed any drug tests at Missouri. Not that it matters as he was busted once for pot possession and again for being with someone who had pot. That would get him into the NFL's drug program as surely as a failed test.

So you're saying he did one thing wrong and that got him kicked off the team at Missouri? He made one mistake and that did it?

So you're saying he did one thing wrong and that got him kicked off the team at Missouri? He made one mistake and that did it?

No. I just stated he was arrested twice for pot possession or being with someone who possessed pot. And then he had the burglary/domestic violence incident for which he was never arrested but was kicked out of school once the police incident report details came out.

Also keep in mind the school was caught up in accusations that they actually involved themselves that very night with some of the people involved that incident and may have tried to influence the decision to get the police involved. The school needed to distance themselves from those accusations, quickly and drastically.

Didn't stop Gary Pinkel from picking up the phone, calling his friend Bob Stoops, and personally vouching for Dorial Green-Beckham to facilitate a transfer to Oklahoma.

I was referring to the post above regarding Philibin lacking in the department of building tight relationships with his players. Also players that speak their mind don't seem to last too long on this team. Man would it be nice to have Dansby, Bush, and even Ochocinco (at the time) back. I just hope Philibin doesn't cross out DGB because of the idea that he might be one of the players that might not conform so easily. Throwing his gf down a flight of stairs, well that's on DGB and Philbin has no control over such action.

Even Brandon Marshall right!?

Back
Top Bottom